Morrissey/Smiths songs you can't bear?

just come up behind him, and yank them off? and then run?

because tramps like us, baby we born to runnnnnn [after stealing the boss's jeans]

that was the original version of the song, i swear!

when he hit the falsetto notes at the end of "miserable lie "
i turn off not a fan of his falsetto notes but there are exceptions of course whewre i like ikt and it fits the song but miserable lie falseeto part nooooo but the rest of the song is good

for some reason at the moment I have kinda gone off At Amber. I usually realy enjoy that song but currently I keep skipping it. Apart from that I pretty much love 'em all. Actually, come to think of it I have always found Golden Lights a little irritating.

'life is a pigsty' - no redeeming qualities

'my love life' - bollocks

'america is not the world' - insipid & cliched

'i'm not sorry' - sounds like george michael, circa 1987, except worse

'the father who must be killed' - horribly incongruent key changes, for no apparent reason and, lyrically, just a shite idea

'the first of the gang to die' - pish

'the father who must be killed' - horribly incongruent key changes, for no apparent reason and, lyrically, just a shite idea

You voted 10 for The Father Who Must Be Killed the other day. :confused:

Life Is a Pigsty- I am not too keen on the record version but love it live

My Love Life- I think it is sweet

America Is Not The World- I agree with you there

I'm Not Sorry- I see what you mean about George Michael but I think it is quite nice, especially the music

The Father Who Must Be Killed- Once again I agree with you, didn't like it much the first time round and it hasn't really grown on me

First Of The Gang To Die- Love it live, not too keen on record

...I am not trying to crush your opinions, just felt you had some interseting choices and wanted to show mine. You are wholly entitled to your opinion unless of course you say you don't like...Unhappy Birthday for which one can never be forgiven. it was my first Smiths song and I just laughed at the lyrics thinking what a bastard before I even knew a thing about Moz.

i just don't know my own mind, kewpie. i'm a bit daft.

Life Is a Pigsty- I am not too keen on the record version but love it live

My Love Life- I think it is sweet

America Is Not The World- I agree with you there

I'm Not Sorry- I see what you mean about George Michael but I think it is quite nice, especially the music

The Father Who Must Be Killed- Once again I agree with you, didn't like it much the first time round and it hasn't really grown on me

First Of The Gang To Die- Love it live, not too keen on record

...I am not trying to crush your opinions, just felt you had some interseting choices and wanted to show mine. You are wholly entitled to your opinion unless of course you say you don't like...Unhappy Birthday for which one can never be forgiven. it was my first Smiths song and I just laughed at the lyrics thinking what a bastard before I even knew a thing about Moz.

that's perfectly alright, young practising troublemaker. good work.

How do you remember all this nonsense?

Ouija Board, Ouija Board.

Munich Air Disaster 1958.

Journalists Who Lie.

get off the stage.

Interlude.

Sweetie Pie.

Christian Dior.

East West.

All The Lazy Dykes.

Asleep.

Golden lights.

nearly all of Maladjusted except the singles.

I don't really dig the lyrics about someone wanting to die...well, not anymore. This song is the one song, where if some one thought Morrissey is a miserable sod, they would be right!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom