Morrissey/Smiths songs you can't bear?

PregnantForTheLastTime

Hideous trait.
A few days ago I started a thread about which songs just make you happy. It was fascinating reading everybody's favorites. So now, I'm turning this around... are there any Morrissey/Smiths songs you can't bear to hear? Too close to home and too near the bone?

Mine... Suffer Little Children... I have two children, and by pure coincidence (I didn't choose my children's names) both names are in that song... and the way he sings, "I will never rest my hands on his sacred head" is too much to bear, for me.

Hmm... there may be more. We'll have to see what comes up!

Uh, I'm not going to censor anyone, obviously, but this is going in the wrong direction. I meant which songs, if any, are just too personal or intense, not "hey let's bag on Moz". Sorry...

Uh, I'm not going to censor anyone, obviously, but this is going in the wrong direction. I meant which songs, if any, are just too personal or intense, not "hey let's bag on Moz". Sorry...

I rather prefer the wrong direction in which the thread is headed. In that vein, I'll add "Accept Yourself," which think is unlistenable. I'll also throw in my vote for "Dear God Please Help Me."

Asleep.... just because, well you have to be in mood for that song is too powerful.

Asleep.... just because, well you have to be in mood for that song is too powerful.

I completely agree with that Camilla.
A couple of other songs ,like that,for me are
Johnny Cash :Hurt

ELvis Costello: I Want You

All three demand complete attention .

"Golden Lights". Know it wasn't written by Moz or The Smiths, just can't stand it. Really dubious cover.

"I Know It's Over" kills me. Especially "I know it's over and it never really began, but in my heart it was SO REAL."

I find it hard to listen to "The Never Played Symphonies" ... it's too relatable to my life at the moment.

I feel the same. Although I believe it to be the best Morrisssey song of the millenium (thus far), I relate to it a bit too much and it leaves an aching lump in the throat every time.

Back
Top Bottom