Morrissey/Smiths songs you can't bear?

Some of the obvious ones that people already mentioned, like Sorrow Will Come in the End, and Golden Lights. But I think more interesting are the songs that people generally like, that just grate on my ears. Two in that category for me are:

November Spawned a Monster (though Live version is tolerable), and Hand in Glove makes me want to vomit everytime I hear it, I have to turn it off :eek:.

He Knows (I'd Love to See Him) and He drew a swallow on my neck (or I drew one on his? :confused: I don't even remember). Just plain awful, both of them.

I can only think of one:

Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice

oh and I love Sorrow Will Come In The End and Golden Lights :) :rolleyes: :eek:

I didn't even realize this, but someone pointed out to me that everytime 4 songs come on, whether they are from the studio album or a live recording, I go for the SKIP button:

Irish Blood, English Heart ....maybe I just overdid it when it first came out and Moz was making his comeback...but I'm done with this song.

This Charming Man...don't know why...but I skip it everytime.

Golden Lights.....'nuff said

All the Lazy Dykes...it irritates me

November Spawned a Monster (though Live version is tolerable), and Hand in Glove makes me want to vomit everytime I hear it, I have to turn it off :eek:.

wow - VOMIT?! These are two of my all-time favorite songs.

I think it's funny reading the responses and what some people think is unbearable is beautiful music to someone else's ears :) Just the fact that there are any unbearable Morrissey songs is surprising enough! LOL

He Knows (I'd Love to See Him) and He drew a swallow on my neck (or I drew one on his? :confused: I don't even remember). Just plain awful, both of them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Swallow on my Neck!
Okay EPBabe, this is the only thing you and I don't have in common =o)

all the lazy dykes, shakespeare`s sister and wonderful woman i don`t like these ones.

:/
King Leer is always getting dissed.

I love that song! :confused::confused::confused:

Me too, I love King Leer, so witty! ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Swallow on my Neck!
Okay EPBabe, this is the only thing you and I don't have in common =o)

You're right. And I think we can handle it....

all the lazy dykes, shakespeare`s sister and wonderful woman i don`t like these ones.

All the lazy dykes; I agree, it's one of his most boring songs ever. Why did he even bother????

Me too,
All the lazy dykes; I agree, it's one of his most boring songs ever. Why did he even bother????

why?
the melody? the music? or the lyric/the topic of the song?
its not one one my faves but there are alot of worser songs he wrote

why?
the melody? the music? or the lyric/the topic of the song?
its not one one my faves but there are alot of worser songs he wrote

The melody is terribly boring and the lyrics are just awful.
"And I've, Never felt so alive, In the whole of my life, In the whole of my life"

But you are right, there are a lot worse songs too....:p

Ask, because it's cheese on toast. Bucktoothed girl in Luxemberg, my giddy aunt!

Please, Please, Please.... gets to me on a deeper level because I think you can hear the rawness in his voice far more than in anything else. I think he really was pleading to please, please, please get someone, and it reminds me of a bad relationship I had where that was my plea. Poor old Moz, I always think when I hear that. That's so sad.

Back
Top Bottom