Morrissey-solo 20 years old today (Feb. 12, 2017)

Today marks 20 years since Morrissey-solo was launched on February 12, 1997. It's been a thrill to work on this site that still consistently averages over 100,000 unique visitors / month. This is a testament to the legacy and interest that Morrissey continually generates and countless small and large contributions from those touched by the music. Thank you to those who have kept it going.

Although it's been through several major redesigns, growing along with the internet itself, in many ways the site is the same as it was when it started - independent and self-supported, open and self-correcting. If you just started visiting or have been for many years, I hope you have enjoyed the freedom that the site allows despite the occasional offense and peril that may have ensued.

20 years to be doing anything I think is a great accomplishment and shows it's here for the long term. I hope you find a project like this to work on that you feel as passionate about.

39654_moz_solo_king_cat_hollywood.jpg

Image for the 20 year anniversary created by King Cat Hollywood, limited edition T-shirts may be available shortly.

UPDATE Mar. 4:
T-shirt purchase details posted by kingcathollywood / Instagram.

Last edited:
Happy 20th! This is by far the best Moz site and is a lifeline for real fans. Thanks David and Skinny and every sane person who posts to the site. Viva Moz Solo!

Can't say I've been here since day one, but pretty damn close after.

David runs an excellent ship. I am happy to be a deck-hand.

Best wishes to most.

Today marks 20 years since Morrissey-solo was launched on February 12, 1997. It's been a thrill to work on this site that still consistently averages over 100,000 unique visitors / month. This is a testament to the legacy and interest that Morrissey continually generates and countless small and large contributions from those touched by the music. Thank you to those who have kept it going.

Although it's been through several major redesigns, growing along with the internet itself, in many ways the site is the same as it was when it started - independent and self-supported, open and self-correcting. If you just started visiting or have been for many years, I hope you have enjoyed the freedom that the site allows despite the occasional offense and peril that may have ensued.

20 years to be doing anything I think is a great accomplishment and shows it's here for the long term. I hope you find a project like this to work on that you feel as passionate about.

39654_moz_solo_king_cat_hollywood.jpg

Image for the 20 year anniversary created by King Cat Hollywood, limited edition T-shirts may be available shortly.

Congratulations! 20 years, isn't that a great age?
And so much to come still!

Congratulations my dear David , I respect and love what you have done , I certainly have enjoyed the freedom over these years regardless the unintelligent average critic of some boring people. I am very proud to have been here since the beginning , Morrissey Solo has always had the most exclusive and objective information.
I appreciate the page sticking to the classic design of the Morrissey-Solo original idea , it reminds me when all this began and when internet was just "internet".
Thank you and keep the good things coming :)

Your efforts are always appreciated David.
I've dipped in and out of here for 17 years and I'm grateful always.
Kindest regards,
FWD.

Congratulations, David. (I've been coming here for about 17 years - and that makes me feel quite old.)

Been visiting for almost as long as you've been going and although I've hardly contributed, deepest thanks for all you've done. If only Morrissey himself could be as dependable.

Happy birthday Morrissey-solo it seem like yesterday when I found you in June 1997 browsing over the Internet for Morrissey related stuff I been checking everyday since!!... Thank you David you been doing an extraordinary job !!

Thanks much for a great source of info and entertainment over 20 years. I do miss the old free for all and gang such as Grease Tea, Pillow , Mindy and especially Mr Proper. Where are they all now?

I'm pretty damned sure that I've been coming here since year one. Thank you for all the work, David! Much respect. What an unrelenting accomplishment. Forever a reliable source for all things Morrissey. —carlos

Thank you to Morrissey! 20 years of shirt toss, cancels, love, and music.

You're getting better with age. I can't believe your chest still looks like this at age 57.

And David.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom