Morrissey-solo moved to the cloud

A long planned move has finally been completed, Morrissey-solo has moved from being hosted on a 7 year old physical server to being hosted in the Amazon cloud (AWS). I believe most issues have been worked out but please let me know if anything is not working properly.

Since the changes were all infrastructure-related, you may not notice any difference, that's actually ideal. The work began several months ago and during the quiet couple weeks over the holiday I was able to complete it quicker than expected.

The web servers are now 'stateless' so it's more scalable - easy to add/remove servers depending on the load. Going forward there will be less likelihood of downtime, more resiliency in the form of easy site site snapshots, greater flexibility to work on features and take advantage of the latest cloud technologies.

This move is significant in that it greater ensures Morrissey-solo continues on and moves forward - now, today, tomorrow and always...

Great site! I come here every day and read every post, both naughty and nice. I first came here about two years ago because I missed the Smiths and ended up spending the this time becoming an expert in all things Mozz.
Thanks to all of you who write here and this site for turning me on to such great info, music, gossip.
Autobiography audiobook seems to be on youtube and it was pure joy. Check it out.

Thank you for this and all you do.:flowers: This site really is amazing and as other posters have stated, it's really been an asset to Morrissey's career. As time goes on it has become a top Morrissey news source for main stream journalists...which is rather remarkable:thumb:

Hiya David!

In recent weeks I have had trouble visiting this website and a message that my ip is blocked and a denial of service messagehas shown up. Is this a problem that has to do with the website moving to the cloud?

I asked Google to check this for me and they say that it must be because all ip's are logged. I also emailed my antivirus service who have yet to reply.

I sent this to a personal email of yours as well should there be a problem posting this message.

Since I am a rather rare visitor here and haven't landed myself in any problems I wonder what is going on?

Looks like your IP is being mistaken for a bot. There are a lot of spam prevention tools running on the site and checking your IP on a spam blacklist lookup it appears on two blacklists. Check to see if you can get removed.

Hiya David!

In recent weeks I have had trouble visiting this website and a message that my ip is blocked and a denial of service messagehas shown up. Is this a problem that has to do with the website moving to the cloud?

I asked Google to check this for me and they say that it must be because all ip's are logged. I also emailed my antivirus service who have yet to reply.

I sent this to a personal email of yours as well should there be a problem posting this message.

Since I am a rather rare visitor here and haven't landed myself in any problems I wonder what is going on?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom