Morrissey spotted getting into car with 'I only swerve for Morrissey' bumper sticker-MEN, Daily Mail

Morrissey spotted getting into Mini with bumper sticker of his OWN FACE - Manchester Evening News
Is it really so strange?

Excerpt:

It takes a bold man to be driven around in a car with a bumper sticker of his own face.

It appears Morrissey is indeed that man.

The ex-Smiths frontman was seen out and about in Hale Barns on Thursday.

He popped into Booths for a few bits and bobs with a pal, according to shoppers.

Moz was pictured getting out of a white Mini Cooper convertible before going inside the store.

He returned with his mate with bags of groceries and cat litter.

It was all rather mundane.

What had onlookers smiling was the bumper sticker on the car.

Showing a younger Morrissey in an England t-shirt, it read: "I only swerve for Morrissey."

"The bumper sticker was absolutely brilliant," one person said.

"It was very Morrissey."

46653_46649_1_Moz.jpg

Alexi also posted the link:

Morrissey shows off 'I only swerve for Morrissey' bumper sticker on his Mini Convertible during shopping trip - Daily Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
okay where exactly is hale barns? because, I mean, yall know im gonna be in the uk soon. I just need to make a list of places that I should possibly frequent.

aw, I love him :love:
I love him too. Its ironic that for me, he seems more special when he's at his most low key, than when he's up on stage. It makes me realise he doesn't really need to try.... he is everything he's ever sung about. So different to anyone else.

I love him too. Its ironic that for me, he seems more special when he's at his most low key, than when he's up on stage. It makes me realise he doesn't really need to try.... he is everything he's ever sung about. So different to anyone else.
i feel like he's low key when he's on stage too. i mean, hes mesmerizing obviously, but he has that talent for keeping it real, which is oddly enigmatic.

hes dressed for the good old british weather in march,newspaper finds it surprising that hes getting into a car with a sticker of himself,this is the singer who wore tshirts with his face on them for decades.

i feel like he's low key when he's on stage too. i mean, hes mesmerizing obviously, but he has that talent for keeping it real, which is oddly enigmatic.
Yes. I've always thought of him as a middle aged man, and now he actually looks like one, it's a natural progression! He's coming into his own.

okay where exactly is hale barns? because, I mean, yall know im gonna be in the uk soon. I just need to make a list of places that I should possibly frequent.

It's 5 mins from Manchester Airport on the main road to Altrincham. Its the area where both Johnny and Morrissey have lived in the past. It's a really nice place, very similar to Alderley Edge with plenty of restaurants. If you like football there are a lot of Man City players live there, whereas most Man Utd players live in Alderley Edge. If you are visiting the Manchester area and have an idea of what you want to see, I can let you know where they are.

kitty litter :hearteyecat:

i have such a sticker saying "i also brake for animals", btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's 5 mins from Manchester Airport on the main road to Altrincham. Its the area where both Johnny and Morrissey have lived in the past. It's a really nice place, very similar to Alderley Edge with plenty of restaurants. If you like football there are a lot of Man City players live there, whereas most Man Utd players live in Alderley Edge. If you are visiting the Manchester area and have an idea of what you want to see, I can let you know where they are.
cool, thanks! Ill let you know if I have any further questions :p
I don't think I like football, but maybe ill start?

I do like these photos of him out and about. And I know that people have a right to be 'off duty' and not care what they look like. But seriously... what the f*** is he wearing? That has to rate as one his worst outfits ever. If not the worst. Don't they have mirrors at his mother's house?

cool, thanks! Ill let you know if I have any further questions :p
I don't think I like football, but maybe ill start?

No problem, if music's your thing I can do that for example if you are in this area Ian Curtis's memorial stone in Macclesfield Cemetry is good for a visit, if only to see what people leave there when visiting.

His companion in photo 3 looks like he's just had a 'something about Mary' moment - what up with his hair do?

do you live in Manchester? can I sleep in your car?

No, I'm in Alderley Edge nowadays about 20 mins from Manchester by train. If you are travelling with friends you can get an apartment for 80 quid a night near the Ritz on Whitworth St which is a great area to stay in from a music perspective.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom