Morrissey spotted getting into car with 'I only swerve for Morrissey' bumper sticker-MEN, Daily Mail

Morrissey spotted getting into Mini with bumper sticker of his OWN FACE - Manchester Evening News
Is it really so strange?

Excerpt:

It takes a bold man to be driven around in a car with a bumper sticker of his own face.

It appears Morrissey is indeed that man.

The ex-Smiths frontman was seen out and about in Hale Barns on Thursday.

He popped into Booths for a few bits and bobs with a pal, according to shoppers.

Moz was pictured getting out of a white Mini Cooper convertible before going inside the store.

He returned with his mate with bags of groceries and cat litter.

It was all rather mundane.

What had onlookers smiling was the bumper sticker on the car.

Showing a younger Morrissey in an England t-shirt, it read: "I only swerve for Morrissey."

"The bumper sticker was absolutely brilliant," one person said.

"It was very Morrissey."

46653_46649_1_Moz.jpg

Alexi also posted the link:

Morrissey shows off 'I only swerve for Morrissey' bumper sticker on his Mini Convertible during shopping trip - Daily Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at these pictures, is he basing his look on the character "Cockney Wanker", who appears in the British adult comic Viz?. Quite apt given his once near obsession with the East End of London.
Maybe we should start a new thread about which Viz character is most similar to M?

This is close to Morrissey’s Mums house. His sister also lives nearby, as does Johnny Marr.

There are regular Moz sightings in this area. When Johnny is home he is often spotted jogging the streets.

Well, actually Morrissey is regularly featured in Viz as himself. They seem to love him. He even has his own occasional strip.
DAmbBRdW0AAAYgq.jpg

39678_viz_201702.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-12-16-at-10.33.31.png

38841_viz_201607.jpg

View attachment 48165
43172_p1.jpg

And of course, my all-time favourite:
morrissey.jpg
They do seem to really like him. It reminds me of the way Smash Hits used to treat him. Gently sending him up like besotted teenagers.

They do seem to really like him. It reminds me of the way Smash Hits used to treat him. Gently sending him up like besotted teenagers.
Not sure it's gentle. And I would argue they don't actually like him at all... But I can't take it too seriously because it's so funny.

Not sure it's gentle. And I would argue they don't actually like him at all... But I can't take it too seriously because it's so funny.
I was one of the first people to latch onto Viz when it first came out. It made me popular at college. They had a strip called 'the Parky' about an over zealous park keeper and he played merry hell when a lad had the audacity to do a shit in the park toilets! He said something like 'have you done a shit in my toilets?' And the poor bloke looked bemused.

It’s obviously not Morrissey’s car - he’s getting into the passenger seat ‍♂️

Yep, it’s just Daily Mail saying it’s his car in order to create clickbait, it’s what the Guardian does too, printing lies for the sake of clickbait and profit.

It’s obviously not Morrissey’s car - he’s getting into the passenger seat ‍♂️

I was one of the first people to latch onto Viz when it first came out. It made me popular at college. They had a strip called 'the Parky' about an over zealous park keeper and he played merry hell when a lad had the audacity to do a shit in the park toilets! He said something like 'have you done a shit in my toilets?' And the poor bloke looked bemused.
Yes, I remember The Parky. Also Biffa Bacon and The Fat Slags. It was really popular where I grew up in Newcastle because it originated there.

jeans and shoes

My Morrisseys fine as he is. A f***ing genius who can still go out shopping however the f*** he wants.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom