Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

It makes me laugh that Morrissey is a millionaire and can spend £400 on candles and overpriced, Italian designer shirts or whatever and then moan how wealthy and extravagant the Royals are, I'm not bothered about the Royals either, they're so far away from my life, but come on Morrissey you're a multi-millionaire! And he's not lived in England since 1990 or whatever so how can he know about the ordinary Englishman of today?

tumblr_m3g544v6Up1qcu3ft.gif

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

'#Troll.GIANTFAIL!' again?

I didn't think it was possible to be this boring. But you are. You really are.

Haha. I don't read his crap anymore, but he keeps typing it. God love him with his fake ignore list.

Haven't had time to catch up on everything in the World of Morrissey lately, but "glad" to see nothing has changed with the news of a new drummer is completely swamped by analysis of Morrissey's statement.

The one TTY Moz statement snippet from not so long ago that keeps coming back to me over and over again (thanks in part to a perceptive poster here) is the implication of "I mind my own business."

He earned it, they didn't. I can't think of a simpler (or longer) response.

It makes me laugh that Morrissey is a millionaire and can spend £400 on candles and overpriced, Italian designer shirts or whatever and then moan how wealthy and extravagant the Royals are, I'm not bothered about the Royals either, they're so far away from my life, but come on Morrissey you're a multi-millionaire! And he's not lived in England since 1990 or whatever so how can he know about the ordinary Englishman of today?

say what you will about any given member of the royal family, moz..at least none of them were in the bravery. oof.

He shoots, he scores.

Well, that's the point. Can't make change if you keep quiet. I know the Royals aren't going anywhere - and I don't really have an opinion of them - but I know it is something that bothers Morrissey very much. If he feels the need to talk about it then he should. It's his right. If you love someone you listen and support them. No matter how often they speak of the issue. It's fine to have your own opinion as well, but it's just as important to accept his. It was nice that he even took the time to write a note to express his gratitude and thoughts to us. I always look forward to his statements. Some of you people are just so bitter.

On different note - The new drummer looks like he'll fit in great. For some reason he reminds me of Alain.

No, because that it what mindless sheep do that can't think for themselves. Morrissey's ranting will not change anything. It was boring when said in 1985 and it is just shameless attention-seeking now - hoping the Mail or the Telegraph pick up on his ramblings and dedicate pages and pages to tearing his views apart. Desperate and silly.

Last edited:

'#Troll.GIANTFAIL!' again?

I didn't think it was possible to be this boring.:mad: But you are. :mad: You really are.:mad:

funnypicturestrollcarha.jpg

Please change your avatar/pic. It's an insult to British comedic genius. :straightface:
On further reflection: 'patsy' is the ight name for you, so long as there's no capital letter.
Over your head, no doubt. google it, hon...:rolleyes:

#Troll.GIANTFAIL!
#TrollLoozinItMan!Lols!

Being one of too many cursed to death for not living in a “mozakistan” nowadays, I’ve waited for He’s statement regarding the last leg of the European tour to see if actually ANYTHING was left to say about the Cascais cancelation. Apparently, only the good things in life deserve the written line.
I’ve been a diehard Smiths-Morrissey fan for so long that I can’t remember -I’m just being silly, of course I do - it was 1986, I was still a baby boy and it stroked me heavier than anything in my life afterwards. For better or worse, He shaped and molded me at His will, leaving an undoubting mark in my life and in my family, soon all becoming apostles. So it was with incredible joy that after so many years (I’m reaching fast my forties), my beloved 70’s years old mother said that, this time, she would gladly join us to see him live. It was one of the best days of my life and I’ve kept this wondrous thrill for two months with tickets safe in my hand.
I cannot describe the pain when I received the cancelation news when I was actually about to pick her up that afternoon (just 5 hours till the doors opening). So painful that I just couldn´t tell her personally and left this agonizing task for one of my sisters. Since that day I’ve patiently waited for something more than a simple and cold press statement claiming some sort of injury, that I had no means to doubt of but, still, I could not believe it either. Rumors of poor ticket sales just flooded the media and kept me even more suspicious. Today, after reading His statement, my mind is done. I’m letting it go!
It´s quite ridiculous that I’ve made (as I always did for every single Morrissey concert that I’ve attended) a t-shirt with the words “Because We Must” carved on my chest. Since I was not granted the opportunity to wear it that day, I will keep it folded inside the wardrobe to avoid the humiliation of being pathetic for the rest of my life, defending someone that clearly doesn't respect me the same way.
Also with a sore throat, all I can say is that enough is ENOUGH. I will move on a different way wishing all the best to you and to Morrissey.
Case closed.
JC

He suggests he's aware of the poverty and financial struggle outside of London. Knowing that the MEN would sell out did he half the ticket price to help the people finding it difficult? The Morrissey brand is as much a money making brand as any other company, considering profit rather than the poverty and debt people get into by buying the brand. I think the sentiment is valid but let's have actions as well as words.

Seeing the Diamond Jubilee fiasco, I can see what Morrissey is saying. The public bowing down before people that have no redeeming quality to them and have been born privileged for no reason at all. Living lavishly at the public's expense. The media asking children in the choir what it was like singing for the Queen. It looks like they are idolizing the leader in a dictatorship. Charles thanking his mommy. It's embarrassing.

Pay attention.

Your reading skills are as woeful as Morrissey's writing skills.
Nowhere in his classic expostion of 'derailment-thought-disorder' does he reference the Jubilee celebrations.
I doubt it was published as a Surrealist Republican Manifesto.

The Jubilee concert happened weeks ago.
You seem to have lost your bearings in space-time-reality.
Pay your licence fee and fines and switch the television back on.

It's called 'The Olympics' and the Queen is barely mentioned.
Unlike Sir Troll McCartney who managed to crash the Velodrome in his continuing campaign to re-write history and install himself as 'Not just One but the Only Beatle'

regards

'Unthinking acceptance' is presumably your formulation of 'false consciousness'?
Ordinary people are stupid and their soap-opera obsession with Royal 'fairy tales' is the one and only dimension to be considered. The trans-historical cohesion and national unity in times of war and upheaavel 'historical meme' needs no study or evaluation. The Brits obsession with their Royal dream machine is crasser than the American thralldom to Hollywood 'royalty' and family political dynasties. Kennedy.Bush.Clinton. Yes, it's that re-assuringly simplistic.

Where is Morrissey domiciled for tax purposes?
The Royal Family now pay taxes to HMRC. Does Morrissey?
Royal 'social security benefit payments' are now means-tested.
First income tax, next inheritance tax......

More work needs to be done to ensure the provide a R.O.I on public funds via the London / Stratford / Balmoral theme-park experience, but the cost-benefit analysis is hardly simplistic.

Name a country in the world which does not have equally problematic inherited wealth and annual income disparities.

Norway.Sweden.Holland.Denmark.Bhutan.Japan? US?Russia?China?Pakistan? It's hardly a clear monarch/republic split is it?

20,000 x avg £50 = circa £1,000,000 gross

How much of the net profits from his 'national unity' concert in Manchester has Morrissey donated to advancing the Republican cause in England?

He ends by linking to PETA apropos of nothing else in his screed. I don't see any evidence of his public support for real, rather than fantasy, attempts to progress a democratic Republican alternative. In other words, in his mid-50s, he's still a political and cultural dilettante. And, quite frankly, a laughing stock.

regards

http://www.republic.org.uk/index.php

All fair points. Academically and logically, you have me well and truly on the back foot. But somewhere a hospital is being closed down and somewhere a gilded carriage is being polished by a man in an anachronistic uniform.

I know my stance is largely emotional and intuitive (and the weaker for it) but the whole thing doesn’t sit well with me at all.

Morrissey may well be shouting into the middle distance, knowing he hasn’t a hope of changing a thing and that he is intellectually out of his depth and drawing attention to his own hypocrisies, but... I can’t help admiring him for it. Quixotic, foolish and romantic are all of a muddle for me.

Silly, I know. :o

This could have been a rare opportunity for Morrissey to say something nice about his own country. Would it really have hurt him to praise the way London has hosted the games so far? Or to at least praise the number of British medal winners?

Pay attention.

Your reading skills are as woeful as Morrissey's writing skills.
Nowhere in his classic expostion of 'derailment-thought-disorder' does he reference the Jubilee celebrations.
I doubt it was published as a Surrealist Republican Manifesto.

The Jubilee concert happened weeks ago.
You seem to have lost your bearings in space-time-reality.
Pay your licence fee and fines and switch the television back on.

It's called 'The Olympics' and the Queen is barely mentioned.
Unlike Sir Troll McCartney who managed to crash the Velodrome in his continuing campaign to re-write history and install himself as 'Not just One but the Only Beatle'

regards

I'm not British and saw a rerun of this embarrassing Jubilee event, which is still quite relevant to what Morrissey is saying.
The Queen also took a big part in the opening ceremony and her grandchildren in the events themselves.

The Sex Pistols got it right, People are living "in England's dreamland", morons who want to continue believing in fairy tales, that they can marry a prince of princess and live happily ever after. Britain is on the verge on bankruptcy and the media is pumping out opium for the people.

How you manage to spell words incorrectly in spite of the spell checker is beyond me.

Shut up and sing

He earned it, they didn't. I can't think of a simpler (or longer) response.

I'm not saying he's not earnt it, it's the fact that he's been a multi-millionaire ex-pat for the past 20 years with a cushty life and he's banging on about the poor people in England who are kept down by The Royals (Ordinary English folk) it all seems a bit hypocritical and condescending to me, given he probably lives a plush lifestyle.

Also Morrissey says the Royals are benefit scroungers? Wasn't he on the dole for years in the 70's and 80's?

say what you will about any given member of the royal family, moz..at least none of them were in the bravery. oof.

Boss_Thumbs_Up_gif-thumb-350x197-15764.gif

Wow, for once you've actually said something extremely insightful. Good job!

Boss_Thumbs_Up_gif-thumb-350x197-15764.gif

Wow, for once you've actually said something extremely insightful. Good job!

I thought you were taking a break from this place after admitting to lying about another user's personal information?

All fair points. Academically and logically, you have me well and truly on the back foot. But somewhere a hospital is being closed down and somewhere a gilded carriage is being polished by a man in an anachronistic uniform.

I know my stance is largely emotional and intuitive (and the weaker for it) but the whole thing doesn’t sit well with me at all.

Morrissey may well be shouting into the middle distance, knowing he hasn’t a hope of changing a thing and that he is intellectually out of his depth and drawing attention to his own hypocrisies, but... I can’t help admiring him for it. Quixotic, foolish and romantic are all of a muddle for me.

Silly, I know. :o

Nothing wrong with being intoxicated by Morrissey. He has a beautiful voice a good turn of phrase for a minor poet.

It's when seemingly sensible people try to map his artistic and personal idiosyncracies onto some sort of coherent, 'real world' socio-political map that I get out the flamethrower. He has his tropes, Royals, quasi-semi-demi animal activism and he's a great addtion to Pseud's Corner. If he stood up and read this out at Speaker's Corner, no-one would be rude to him, not even me.

As has been crushingly note elsewhere on this thread, it's when he cavorts with on a 'gilded stage' with candles, scents and expensive threads whilst lecturing others on the sins of Luxuria that he's asking for a bucket of cold water to be aimed at his confused over-heated brain.

Morrissey used Swindon General Hospital after his 'attack of the vapours'. Did he pay for his treatment/overnight stay? Donate an appropriate sum to a local worthy cause? Or is he just another NHS freebie tourist? Maybe he did, maybe I missed that news. Perhaps he donated a meaningful % of the box office in Manchester to local worthy causes.

Of course, it would be absolutely none of anyones business if he didn't make comments on our society without clarifying his status. If he's a UK taxpayer, he has absolutely every right to issue his impenetrable screeds. If not, then he needs to shut his trap and stick with the arty smarty-pants schtick, at which he's often exceedlingly good..

I'd subject the Royal Family to stealth inheritance taxes. That's a simple, sensible proposal for gradually and humanely bringing them into the C21st century without frightening the horses. The fact that many people are in 'love' with them is no more significant than the fact others are in love with football or Morrissey or X-Factor.

Bread and circuses.

regards

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom