Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Olympics coverage, ironically enough, reminds me of the same forced notions of patriotism that Diana's death forced upon us. Any dissenting voice is dismissed as the thoughts of the mentally unbalanced

When we're still all paying for this event in 30 years time I'm sure we'll all remember Sat 4th August in the Olympic Stadium. The parallels with Greece should not be ignored, pretty certain their 2004 Games accelerated their current economic malaise.

Mind you Morrissey's opinions shouldn't really matter. He's just employed the drummer from one of the most overrated, overhyped and crap bands of the last 15 years. He may as well have hired Howard from Take That

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

The media's collective amnesia about reporting on the number of empty seats at events, the spectacle of 50000 proud British patriots jeering an Olympics competitor (so fair, so British) and the hypocrisy in cutting national grants to Arts Organisations nationwide so that Danny Boyle's Isles Of Wonder could be given the lavish presentation.

The corporate sponsorship of MuckyD's and Coca-Cola in direct contrast to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and the lack of visitors to London in direct contrast to the politicians' promises.

Bread and circuses.

If the Olympics was about sporting endeavour and achievements I would rightfully be celebrating Great Britain and Northern Ireland's success. However the Olympics has been a tool of political propaganda for most of my lifetime. And arguably stretches back to 1936. Did you know the Third Reich invented the idea of the torch relay?

But obviously any questioning of this and subsequent legacy is not permissible in our democratic country, where we don't currently have troops wandering the streets.

And still nothing on the horizon for Australia/NZ, I suppose he'll be announcing his tour of Uganda and the time traveling to super-continent Pangaea soon or something though.

Yep...

No, you brought it up; you questioned me, you took issue with something that was contrary to what you expected. Don't be a wimp.

Yo! take this 'discussion' to 'The Pigsty',
but watch 4 roaches down there :rolleyes:
you need more 'downtime'.
-came back 2 soon, dude. :crazy:
Still prayin for ya/candles! lol!:tears:of:lbf:

anyone else care?:confused:

#Offtopic!

off topic.jpg

Another thread DavidT will have to 'lock' on a temp/perm basis.....4 real bro, 'get a room' for this stuff. not in public y'all....u crashed 'Gaslight Anthem' thread, now this...ur not cool, Skylarker, an it ain't 'censorship'!....this time.......'Kristeen/Facebook' thread still 'on-topic':straightface:....[popcorn]:cool:

The media's collective amnesia about reporting on the number of empty seats at events.....
But obviously any questioning of this and subsequent legacy is not permissible in our democratic country, where we don't currently have troops wandering the streets.

all seriously valid points expertly argued :cool:and I agree...except for one point: you are questioning this, questioning is possible, because this is still, for all its' faults, a 'relatively' democratic country.....:straightface:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/jul/28/critical-mass-cyclists-arrested

i'm surprised Occupy Olympics didn't happen......guess no-one wanted to take their 'rage against the Olympic machine' from online Forums to the streets...can't see Moz Occupying anything, can you? :rolleyes:if only Moz had argued his case as eloquently and succinctly as you do.

darts 180.jpg

but he didn't.....hope he cancels the autobiography. he's a minor poet: he can't write prose. just 'cult' propaganda:eek:

regards

It's certainly not "England's Dreaming", which makes no sense.
Here's a copy of the original lyrics, which read "in England's dream".
Morrissey has a lot of songs where what he wrote, is not necessarily what he sings.
Lydon definitely sings "England Dreamland" in performance.

http://recordmecca.com/news/virtual-museum-sex-pistols-original-god-save-the-queen-lyrics/

you're quoting 'demo lyrics' not those commited to tape. in 'popular song' it's what's actually sung that counts, not the drafts that preceeded it. ....lyrics to songs don't have to make complete literal sense, they convey emotion as much as intellect, which is Morrissey's 'grave error' in having a pop at Elton John / 'rappers' and the like.....if he doesn't recognise Taupin as one of the great lyricists of popular song, he's certainly 'out there on his own' as much as he is with his '2012 is the new 1939' meme.......although i'd personally exclude 'CITW -The Diana Remix' from any list.... 'goodbye England's Rose' ..........it's "there is no future in England's dreaming"...don't think Savage has to rush out new edition.....

regards

This site has an automatic spell checker, which cannot pick up my typo of "prince of/or princess". Your mistakes are spelling mistakes, which you continue to make in your response.
It's "England Dreamland" if you listen to the song. "they made you a moron" is from the lyrics of the song, which you obviously don't know as well. Being in their 50s now, doesn't mean they weren't spot on when they wrote the song and sang it in their 20s. You are obviously a troll that has nothing to do, but bother unsuspecting people on this site and you should be banned from it.

I can't find the spellchecker,:confused: that's why I hired a secretary for my art installation performance here.
If I can find the spell-checker I can get rid of that crazy woman!:crazy:

I know the song back-to-front, inside out, upside down. As 'Johnny Rotten' Lydon was part of a complex and interesting artistic response to the conditions of British society in the late 1970s. Those conditions have been changed in many ways, particulary by the internet/WWW/social networking innovations. Hence, Danny Boyle's artistic genius in linking both eras.

Check the origin of our exchange: I didn't 'bother you. 'You' bothered me, although you have insufficient self-esteem to raise yourself above the dross of 'anonymous' to present yourself before me. There's no valid reason for you to be 'anonymous', you chose to reference me by name, responding to your 'flame-bait' is hardly trolling. :straightface:

I'm sure i will be banned, thus proving the whole point of my being here.... But it wont' be because i'm a 'troll'. It will be because I'm The Trollslayer.......tbc.....:)

regards.

you're quoting 'demo lyrics' not those commited to tape. in 'popular song' it's what's actually sung that counts, not the drafts that preceeded it. ....lyrics to songs don't have to make complete literal sense, they convey emotion as much as intellect, which is Morrissey's 'grave error' in having a pop at Elton John / 'rappers' and the like.....if he doesn't recognise Taupin as one of the great lyricists of popular song, he's certainly 'out there on his own' as much as he is with his '2012 is the new 1939' meme.......although i'd personally exclude 'CITW -The Diana Remix' from any list.... 'goodbye England's Rose' ..........it's "there is no future in England's dreaming"...don't think Savage has to rush out new edition.....

regards

I think he sings both, once 'and England's dreaming' and once 'in England's Dreamland'.
The fact someone wrote a book called 'England's dreaming' (without preceding it with 'in', which changes the context) doesn't mean anything. It just cements the perception of some people, as to what is sung, but doesn't make it a an indisputable truth.
Of course lyrics don't have to be literal, but the grammar mostly has to be correct. 'in England's dreaming' is not grammatically correct and Lydon wrote 'in England's dream, which he later changed to 'and England's dreaming' and 'in England's Dreamland'.
One can write a book called 'The Sun And The Heir - The Story of The Smiths' that doesn't make these the correct lyrics of 'How Soon Is Now?'. In any case, this is not an important issue and everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If it means more to you as a listener it's fine by me.

Azd1W7jCIAMichy.jpg

tumblr_m88p0wmA0Q1rrjsmeo1_500.jpg

The media's collective amnesia about reporting on the number of empty seats at events, the spectacle of 50000 proud British patriots jeering an Olympics competitor (so fair, so British) and the hypocrisy in cutting national grants to Arts Organisations nationwide so that Danny Boyle's Isles Of Wonder could be given the lavish presentation.

The corporate sponsorship of MuckyD's and Coca-Cola in direct contrast to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and the lack of visitors to London in direct contrast to the politicians' promises.

Bread and circuses.

If the Olympics was about sporting endeavour and achievements I would rightfully be celebrating Great Britain and Northern Ireland's success. However the Olympics has been a tool of political propaganda for most of my lifetime. And arguably stretches back to 1936. Did you know the Third Reich invented the idea of the torch relay?

The Nazis invented the concept of the Olympic torch? My God! Really?

There are Amazonian tribes as yet undiscovered who know that, but hey, Che, give us another gem. Hold on a second while I bait my breath.

As to Olympic dissent I guess you have been going around with your eyes closed for the last few years and months.
There has been plenty of criticism, both valid and less so.

...where we don't currently have troops wandering the streets.

Oh? That's not what I read.

"•State-of-the-art RAF Typhoon fighter jets loaded with fearsome weapons patrolling the skies over the Home Counties;
•A ring of six surface-to-air missile sites around London, each with the power to bring down rogue aircraft;
•The aircraft carrier HMS Ocean will be moored in the Thames with 800 Royal Marines;
•Seven Royal Navy Lynx and RAF Puma helicopters carrying crack snipers to target terrorists;
•HMS Bulwark, the Royal Navy's 21,000-tonne flagship, and other vessels deployed off Weymouth, Dorset, to protect sailing events;
•And 13,500 servicemen and women - more than are deployed in Afghanistan - on duty to keep the £9billion Olympics safe and secure."

Maybe they're not 'wandering'. :)

Bread and circuses.

You make a lot of excellent points here. I hadn't heard about the torch relay and the third reich.

No, you brought it up; you questioned me, you took issue with something that was contrary to what you expected. In asking about it, confronting me unprovoked, you brought yourself into the equation via an inquiry, implying you would be affected by my presence here. If you didn't care, if you minded your own business, then one could only assume that the matter was of no interest to you and did not affect you. But clearly it does. Therefore it is indeed you who has to deal with it, the "it" being my decision to post here. It's very simple to understand.

I did admit to lying; the "lie" was posted for a whopping two hours before I recanted it, of my own accord. I didn't kill anyone. I didn't toss and turn at night over it...I hardly "shamed" myself. I merely cleared something up, because there are way too many legitimate ways to embarrass Crystal Geezer than to need to resort to lying, which is beneath my intelligence and character.

And, to be honest, as she seems to live and breathe by this forum, so I got concerned that because she had not responded/taken the bait, she was committing suicide. She's clearly unstable and has no root in reality. I was worried that if I had pushed her too far and crossed a line, she might be so embarrassed that she could feel unable to post here anymore...which would clearly be the end of the world for her. Therefore I recanted the story; I did not want any responsibility if she did something dumb and adolescent.

And no, you aren't exactly being "hostile"...you're being passive-aggressive, which is much worse, because it is still hostility but it is a very phony brand of hostility; imbued with self righteousness and ignorance. The ignorance, of course, being borne of an anger that you are not totally sure you have a right to feel in the first place; therefore you pussyfoot around your accusation until it is castrated into a limp-wristed insinuation.

If you're gonna come at me and try to trip me up, go the whole 9. Don't be a wimp.

you think her unstable, and yet you belittle and taunt her anyway? clearly nothing is beneath your "intelligence and character".

I think he sings both, once 'and England's dreaming' and once 'in England's Dreamland'.
The fact someone wrote a book called 'England's dreaming' (without preceding it with 'in', which changes the context) doesn't mean anything. It just cements the perception of some people, as to what is sung, but doesn't make it a an indisputable truth.
Of course lyrics don't have to be literal, but the grammar mostly has to be correct. 'in England's dreaming' is not grammatically correct and Lydon wrote 'in England's dream, which he later changed to 'and England's dreaming' and 'in England's Dreamland'.
One can write a book called 'The Sun And The Heir - The Story of The Smiths' that doesn't make these the correct lyrics of 'How Soon Is Now?'. In any case, this is not an important issue and everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If it means more to you as a listener it's fine by me.

let's leave it there.
thank you for sharing
regards

Yeah, well, Tobias used to play with Frente and Alanis Morrisette. In that context, getting a guy from the Bravery is like getting Keith Moon.

:lbf: Hilarious.

Did he play with Frente ? I thought he was just briefly married to Angie Hart ( the singer) ?

Hmm , I could probably be asking Google this ...

'I am unable to watch the Olympics due to the blustering jingoism that drenches the event. Has England ever been quite so foul with patriotism? '

Brilliant.

Morrisey is a prick and should be expelled
Somewhere Where he doesnt deserve
to wallow in the comfort of the democracy
of the UK, scumbag.

if he is so concerned about all those with
nothing, why doesnt he give them some of
his millions????

nö Chance..... Full of Shit and a disgrace
to Even call Himself British.

Dick!!!

The Nazis invented the concept of the Olympic torch? My God! Really?

There are Amazonian tribes as yet undiscovered who know that, but hey, Che, give us another gem. Hold on a second while I bait my breath.

As to Olympic dissent I guess you have been going around with your eyes closed for the last few years and months.
There has been plenty of criticism, both valid and less so.

Well despite my criticism I have embraced the Games as I was genuinely excited. I've even got tickets for the Boxing Finals. I will be cheering on the Cuban representatives, hasta la victoria siempre. Sadly the reality of the Games whereby great athletic achievements have been hijacked by the establishment and big business mean it has been a complete damp squib for me. Some of us ate more interested in the actual sport of all competing nations rather than Team f***ing GB 24/7. Not to diminish the British achievements but I would hazard a guess most people aren't aware of some of the equally compelling stories not involving our Isles Of Wonder

powerless, powerless, powerless. yes, you. and yes, it's that obvious.

Step to the plate and tell us all about it, kiddo.
No? Oh.
Well then boo hoo, baby. Boo hoo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom