Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

I'm not saying he's not earnt it, it's the fact that he's been a multi-millionaire ex-pat for the past 20 years with a cushty life and he's banging on about the poor people in England who are kept down by The Royals (Ordinary English folk) it all seems a bit hypocritical and condescending to me, given he probably lives a plush lifestyle.

how is it hypocritical and condescending? are you saying only a poor person can bang on about this?

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

The Importance of Anthony Burulcich: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/207402/cribs-extra-anthony-burulcich.jhtml

I've always liked The Bravery. His drumming is good.

"Dick won't get it."

the guy looks like a nice person in this video!!!!
I didn't know The Bravery...
I hope he will be good for Moz and his band!!
Wonder if he's only playing in american tour or becoming a member of the band...
but I read that The Bravery band is still in activity....

Thanks Moz, at least there's someone else out there besides me who couldn't give a rats arse about this hideously expensive PE lesson currently taking place in our fine capital. It's nauseating seeing some of these athletes being treated as heroic for their feats of endurance. Great, you can run 100 meters in less than 10 seconds! That's a fantastic achievement and you've worked hard for it, but why should that make you any more special than the guy breaking a world record by walking 100 meters on his hands? If anything the paralympics should the major event, people who've overcome seemingly insurmountable odds to be athletes. But that's been shuttled off into the dark recesses of channel 4, because evidently we don't want people with disabilities advertising our breakfast cereals, or our face creams and being lauded as national heroes (or at least the media is telling us we don't).

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic summer on TV if you're a fan of athletics, but how many actually are and how many just wanted to go and be a part of something, because everyone else was and they might see "some like, famous people looking all like fit and stuff".

And this is spot on:

As London is suddenly promoted as a super-wealth brand, the England outside London shivers beneath cutbacks, tight circumstances and economic disasters. Meanwhile the British media present 24-hour coverage of the "dazzling royals", laughing as they lavishly spend, as if such coverage is certain to make British society feel fully whole. In 2012, the British public is evidently assumed to be undersized pigmies, scarcely able to formulate thought.

Something that hopefully many people have considered since the major pleb distraction of the royal wedding; the poorer a country gets, the more the government and media aim to anaesthetise the public with displays of wealth and grandeur, celebrity and mediocrity. Meanwhile masses of the general public stand and wave flags and cheer at the lineup from OK magazine as if it's somehow enriching their lives. I'm used to people criticising my love of Morrissey, but dear god at least I've got something out of that dysfunctional relationship through his music and his interviews. What the royal family and the hangers-on do for their 'fans' is anyone's guess. But hey, at least if they're on the news we don't have to listen to the bad stuff; how the numbers of homeless are rising exponentially, how more people are unemployed than any time in the past 2 decades, how the suicide rate in the UK is enough to make you weep and how the elderly, disabled and disenfranchised are being forced into poverty and shifted to the sidelines (quite literally in some cities, due to Cameron's plans to make things more palatable for the wealthy).

To all intents and purposes we are living through the 1980's once more, but whereas once there was intelligent debate about the state of the country, the government, the economy, the class system etc, now there seems to be apathy and a blind devotion to the gods of money and fame. I find it interesting that Morrissey is criticised for his views these days by so many of his fans, when once he was lauded for the exact same views. Morrissey hasn't changed, but UK society has and it's not really for the better. People obviously got bored of 'opinions' and intelligence and now want their artists to be like Jordan, or JLS - nothing to say, but a great deal of shit to churn out into the market of mass anaesthesia / entertainment. Given the evidence of last summer, we can't even riot properly any more.

I love this country and love Morrissey and whilst I don't agree with everything he says, this is one of the best diatribes he's put out there in a long time, but I fear he's just preaching to the converted.

Wake up indeed!

Thanks Moz, at least there's someone else out there besides me ....
I love this country and love Morrissey and whilst I don't agree with everything he says, this is one of the best diatribes he's put out there in a long time, but I fear he's just preaching to the converted. Wake up indeed!

Watching the Olympics is not compulsory. No is forcing you to watch the coverage. Your 'nausea' is voluntary.
You are confused. The Paralympics haven't even started yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summer_Paralympics

Advocating for differently-abled atheletes does not require one to resent those atheletes who are not challenged by injury, illness or disability. You're claiming people are being forced to watch the 'standard' Olympics yet you imply that the media 'should' somehow provide equal coverage to an event for which there is still limited, but growing interest. I think the Paralympics will grow slowly but surely. I see no conflict whatsoever between the two events.

"if you're a fan of "Morrissey, but how many actually are and how many just wanted to go and be a part of something, because everyone else was and they might see "some like, famous people"

Can you see a problem?

What's the difference between 20,000 people travelling to Manchester to see a 'pop star' and 80,000 travelling to London to see sports stars? The neo-liberal economic and political project which began in the 1980s has now been intensified and I agree that most people are fighting for the crumbs beneath the banker's table. You're right about 'bread and circuses'. However, the decision to host the games was taken before the financial crisis so it cannot be usefully described as an attempt to evade it.

You're one of the few here with the courage to even consider your may have a 'dysfunctional relationship' with Morrissey.

'a blind devotion to the gods of money and fame'

Morrissey began his 30 year career as a entertainment entrepreneur by stating that 'fame' was the only interesting thing life had to offer. He's no different from any X-Factor wannabe in unquestioningly accepting this delusion. For a long time Morrissey's audience did not have the ability to offer meaningful feedback to the Artist. He was the darling of the 'gatekeepers' at music papers in the 1980s and it wasn't until the WWW developed that the range of opinion within the audience became apparent. It's not surprising that a complex, contradictory Artist elicits complex and contradictory responses.

Morrissey certainly has changed: he is no longer a member of 'UK society' as he is an ex-patriate. The intelligence of Morrissey's opinions is sometimes a matter of debate, as this thread clearly show. People are free to choose between Morrissey, JLS and Jordan in a market economy. It's up to Morrissey to compete for eyeballs and eardrums like everyone else. His 'entitlement agenda' regarding his supposed unfair exclusion from media coverage is facile. He is competing for sales in a F.M.C.G market. Your aesthetic choices are not necessarily superior to a teenage girls' initial crush with pop music through JLS. Morrissey constantly eulogises historic 'pop' yet seems to resent young people for being intoxicated by what he (and you) regard as inferior. This is an ancient trope of older men mocking teenage girls.

The riots were an an atrocious rampage of theft and criminal damage. Lives were lost.
I don't know where you live but I doubt you'd like to see your High Street trashed.
I do not accept that 'riots' are a meaningful form of political protest. In fact, I believe they are completely counter-productive. Occupy London was far more of a problem, hence it had to be shut down. Morrissey seems to have nothing to say about any of this.

You're right. His statement was a diatribe. So are many of the responses on this site. Including mine. Morrissey's right to subject his audience to such a diatribe is balanced by their right to respond in equal measure if they agree or disagree with his premises. I'm no 'fan'. That word is derivative of 'fanatic'. If I purchase a CD, read an interview/statement, or attend a show: I do not surrender my critical thinking skills, even though I am often taken on a rewarding emotional journey by his words and vocal melodies.

I agree that Morrissey is largely 'preaching to the converted'. Perhaps it's Morrissey who needs to 'wake up' and realise that his status as an ex-patriate renders his comments questionable at best, and risible at worst.

regards

Aren't all pygmies undersized? He's a right silly twat sometimes

the guy looks like a nice person in this video!!!!
I didn't know The Bravery...
I hope he will be good for Moz and his band!!
Wonder if he's only playing in american tour or becoming a member of the band...
but I read that The Bravery band is still in activity....

Who wants to take a crack at pronouncing his name correctly? I'll go: Tony Bee! :p

say what you will about any given member of the royal family, moz..at least none of them were in the bravery. oof.

That's the best post I've seen around here in a long time.

Well Done.

Morrissey's right to subject his audience to such a diatribe is balanced by their right to respond in equal measure if they agree or disagree with his premises. I'm no 'fan'. That word is derivative of 'fanatic'. If I purchase a CD, read an interview/statement, or attend a show: I do not surrender my critical thinking skills, even though I am often taken on a rewarding emotional journey by his words and vocal melodies.

Orson-Welles.gif

I'm not British and saw a rerun of this embarrassing Jubilee event, which is still quite relevant to what Morrissey is saying...The Queen also took a big part in the opening ceremony and her grandchildren in the events themselves. ..The Sex Pistols got it right, People are living "in England's dreamland", morons who want to continue believing in fairy tales, that they can marry a prince of princess and live happily ever after. Britain is on the verge on bankruptcy and the media is pumping out opium for the people.

How you manage to spell words incorrectly in spite of the spell checker is beyond me.

You're not British. Morrissey isn't currently British in any meaningful sense of the word. So the relevance of either of you to a discussion of British current affairs is questionable. Unless, of course, you are a foreign national living and working in this country, in which case your views might be important and interesting. Only they're not....

The Queen metaphorically jumped out of a helicopter at the opening ceremony, rendering Morrissey's 'palace troll' tropes redundant in one post-modern mediation of Royal protocol. Are you suggesting that the Queen's relatives should be 'banned' from competing in competitive sports? Why? Do you live in some post-royal apocalyptic failed state?

The nostalgia of 50 year olds for the faux-rebelllions of 'punk rock' represent nothing more than their 'sunk investment' in the memes and themes of their long-distant youth. This applies especially to Morrissey with this ridiculous statement and to John Lydon's mostly incoherant babbling recently on BBC Newsnight.

The Sex Pistols got it right, People are living "in England's dreamland", morons who want to continue believing in fairy tales, that they can marry a prince of princess and live happily ever after. Britain is on the verge on bankruptcy and the media is pumping out opium for the people. How you manage to spell words incorrectly in spite of the spell checker is beyond me.

The quote you're looking for is "There is no future in England's dreaming", not "in England's dreamland". Please learn how to use Google or another search engine before you "quote" again. Your description of British citizens as 'morons' is noted. However, I would advise you against voicing such an opinion on any visit here unless you have extensive dental insurance covering your travels. Your attempt to troll me by reference to typographic errors fails miserably, given that you cannot compose a sentence:'marry a prince of princess' indeed. If you are a foreign student of the English language, please take your silly comment and show it to your tutor so they may ameliorate your deficiencies.

The entire world economy is on the verge of bankruptcy. I've no idea or interest in your non-British origin but it's extremely unlikely your compatriots will escape the coming cataclysm.

I do not use a spellchecker as I largely dictate these responses to my Secretary, Sharon McCormick. Thank you for pointing out she has not performed to the required standard. I shall certainly sanction her severely tonight! Your written communication skills may not be very good, but perhaps you have some exciting oral skills. I'd be happy for you to try out your oral on me. :horny:

I hope you continue your English studies and I'd like to conclude by offering you a traditional British greeting which you can safely use when you meet any policemen, football fans and members of the armed services. You should greet them with "wrap your gums around my plums". They will be so pleased that you have delved beneath standard tourist phrases. They will certainly surprise you with the immediacy and emotion of their reaction which will almost certainly include a physical embrace. We have a reputation for having a 'stiff-upper lip' but our lips are incredibly agile and flexible when we're sucking plums! :lbf:

regards

Sharon McCormick-on behalf of 'BrummieBoy'

http://www.secretarythemovie.co.uk/html/gallery.html

#Troll.FAIL!

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-cants-stop-the-bronies troll pic.jpg

thank God for Mark Eitzel. Greatest living solo poet singer in my lifetime.

Big thank u to Eric , u did a great job, and welcome Anthony, what moz says about the royals is correct, they continue to give me nightmares, tickets to the games payed by the tax payer, only hope the closing ceremony the queen jumps from a helicopter without a parachute. Looks like I may be going to Boston in October, trying to get tickets , flight etc, all the way from Aberdeen : ))

You're not British. Morrissey isn't currently British in any meaningful sense of the word. So the relevance of either of you to a discussion of British current affairs is questionable. Unless, of course, you are a foreign national living and working in this country, in which case your views might be important and interesting. Only they're not....

The Queen metaphorically jumped out of a helicopter at the opening ceremony, rendering Morrissey's 'palace troll' tropes redundant in one post-modern mediation of Royal protocol. Are you suggesting that the Queen's relatives should be 'banned' from competing in competitive sports? Why? Do you live in some post-royal apocalyptic failed state?

The nostalgia of 50 year olds for the faux-rebelllions of 'punk rock' represent nothing more than their 'sunk investment' in the memes and themes of their long-distant youth. This applies especially to Morrissey with this ridiculous statement and to John Lydon's mostly incoherant babbling recently on BBC Newsnight.

The quote you're looking for is "There is no future in England's dreaming", not "in England's dreamland". Please learn how to use Google or another search engine before you "quote" again. Your description of British citizens as 'morons' is noted. However, I would advise you against voicing such an opinion on any visit here unless you have extensive dental insurance covering your travels. Your attempt to troll me by reference to typographic errors fails miserably, given that you cannot compose a sentence:'marry a prince of princess' indeed. If you are a foreign student of the English language, please take your silly comment and show it to your tutor so they may ameliorate your deficiencies.

The entire world economy is on the verge of bankruptcy. I've no idea or interest in your non-British origin but it's extremely unlikely your compatriots will escape the coming cataclysm.

I do not use a spellchecker as I largely dictate these responses to my Secretary, Sharon McCormick. Thank you for pointing out she has not performed to the required standard. I shall certainly sanction her severely tonight! Your written communication skills may not be very good, but perhaps you have some exciting oral skills. I'd be happy for you to try out your oral on me. :horny:

regards

Sharon McCormick-on behalf of 'BrummieBoy'

http://www.secretarythemovie.co.uk/html/gallery.html

#Troll.FAIL!

View attachment 13880

This site has an automatic spell checker, which cannot pick up my typo of "prince of/or princess". Your mistakes are spelling mistakes, which you continue to make in your response.
It's "England Dreamland" if you listen to the song. "they made you a moron" is from the lyrics of the song, which you obviously don't know as well. Being in their 50s now, doesn't mean they weren't spot on when they wrote the song and sang it in their 20s. You are obviously a troll that has nothing to do, but bother unsuspecting people on this site and you should be banned from it.

The new drummer is a dish, who reckons Morrisssey will find another reason to get the boys into speedos. There is a kernel of truth in what Morrissey says about the Olympics of course, Athletes however aren't (well mostly) wealthy. I find the games inspirational and joyous and I'm sure they've supplied the ordinary people who Morrissey purports to protect some much needed employment. Sport lifts people momentarily, helps them forget their troubles and unites them.

I thought you were taking a break from this place after admitting to lying about another user's personal information?

I changed my mind. Deal with it.

This site has an automatic spell checker, which cannot pick up my typo of "prince of/or princess". Your mistakes are spelling mistakes, which you continue to make in your response.
It's "England Dreamland" if you listen to the song. "they made you a moron" is from the lyrics of the song, which you obviously don't know as well. Being in their 50s now, doesn't mean they weren't spot on when they wrote the song and sang it in their 20s. You are obviously a troll that has nothing to do, but bother unsuspecting people on this site and you should be banned from it.

i think jon savage should be informed as he seems to have allowed his book to be released under the title of "england's dreaming". don't want him to look foolish.

His views have just become totally boring. Unless you are an animal or someone paying £50 for one of his now lacklustre shows then you don't matter to him.

If he went on true to you and said he had had just eaten a meat and potato pie, the lovers would forgive him.

I love the Olympics, think the royals do a good job and love a nicely grilled piece of thick juicy bacon on a roll....nothing morrissey says will change that. I like his music but his views are tedious

Who is finding these musicians for Morrissey? The Bravery? Really? Killers lite with a nice line in rehashed 80's melodies. They're more Duran Duran that say Joy Division. Hideous. Did anyone buy their records after the overhyped debt? The playing is uninspired which maybe makes it perfect for Moz's band of college garage band hipsters.

Who is finding these musicians for Morrissey? The Bravery? Really? Killers lite with a nice line in rehashed 80's melodies. They're more Duran Duran that say Joy Division. Hideous. Did anyone buy their records after the overhyped debt? The playing is uninspired which maybe makes it perfect for Moz's band of college garage band hipsters.

Yeah, well, Tobias used to play with Frente and Alanis Morrisette. In that context, getting a guy from the Bravery is like getting Keith Moon.

I think Morrissey should get a decent drummer like Phil Collins, he'd light the show up, and give off some wonderful Christian vibes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom