Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.net

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Great to hear Anthony has joined with Morrissey; have watched his career and he is a great drummer....can't wait for Wang Theatre.

Re: Article: Morrissey statement Aug 3, new drummer Anthony Burulcich - true-to-you.n

Yeah, well, Tobias used to play with Frente and Alanis Morrisette. In that context, getting a guy from the Bravery is like getting Keith Moon.

Just when I thought the post about none of the royal family ever being in the Bravery was the best I've read around here in a long time, it's topped by this Excellent post.

The only thing I'd add to it was Jesse's participation in the abominable "Mother Tongue". YouTube that shit if you're interested.

Jesse has cut a wide swath in terrible guitar playing in lousy bands. He's made a career out of it.

Moz doesn't even know to be embarrassed to have Jesse Tobias in his band.

It’s similar here in the UK. The rich leveraging the wannabe rich, the poor seen as victims of their own lethargy and stupidity. ‘Aspire’ and ‘acquire’ have become practically synonymous. The Right, realising they can’t rely on their true constituency (a tiny portion of the population) to shoe-horn themselves into office once more have become remarkably adept at turning the working poor against the unemployed poor. I’ve lost count of the number of times Tory ministers have cynically evoked the scenario of “hard working mums and dads” leaving for work early in the morning as their unemployed neighbours “languish in bed”. It goes on, don’t get me wrong, but the Tories don’t give a f*** about “hard working mums and dads” other than as a source of votes.

The fact that unthinking acceptance of the royals is the default position in a country that considers itself a democracy is utterly cringe-making. That they are now seen as basically harmless and rather loveable is a PR masterstroke, as is the 60p per head cost to the population, distracting us from the fact that we have abject poverty for many and gold f***ing carriages and actual f***ing palaces for others.

Long may Morrissey continue to drone on and on and on...

Excellent post, however it won't be long till the Royal Family are privatised. It will be the only way the UK will be able to pay off the share of the national debt that the Olympics will end up costing.

I'm sure they'll come back and visit for weddings and funerals, hoorah!

Nice to see moz enjoyed the Edinburgh gig as much as we all did

As for the olympics, I'm actually incredibly proud of being British at this point, the whole event has been incredible (I was getting a bit carried away watching the rowing earlier on today ...yeah that's right, the rowing !!! I'm from a small village in Scotland , it's not like rowing was ever part of my life, but there I was shouting at the tv wanting them to go faster, & I was genuinely gutted for the 2 guys who got pipped by the Danish guys at the end...the cycling tonight when the 3 girls won was incredible as well.

Its easy to be cynical , but I'm glad the majority of the country is getting behind the Olympics & and to this point it's been a brilliant success for Great Britain.

Morrissey, I am sorry but you are way of the mark with your comments! Comparing those of us who are proud to be British (not only because the Olympics are on) with the Nazi Germany of the 1930s is disgusting and unfair. I, like a lot of your fans in Manchester (decked in various tour t-shirts from years gone by) were watching the games in the square on the big screen while enjoying a few beers pre -gig and I think each and everyone there was cheering on team GB. We all have our opinions but sometimes it is just best to keep them to yourself! Enjoy the States and the yankee dollar that will undoubtedly line your pockets!

This is all getting tremendously boring Morrissey. Change the record or hang the d.j.

Morrissey, I am sorry but you are way of the mark with your comments! Comparing those of us who are proud to be British (not only because the Olympics are on) with the Nazi Germany of the 1930s is disgusting and unfair. I, like a lot of your fans in Manchester (decked in various tour t-shirts from years gone by) were watching the games in the square on the big screen while enjoying a few beers pre -gig and I think each and everyone there was cheering on team GB. We all have our opinions but sometimes it is just best to keep them to yourself! Enjoy the States and the yankee dollar that will undoubtedly line your pockets!

Lol! That's why The Great Leader started his Concert For National Cult Unity early, he found out that disloyal 'fans' were watching enemy propaganda on external big screens. Of course, he was too mean to provide a big screen for his own performance.

regards

Lol! That's why The Great Leader started his Concert For National Cult Unity early, he found out that disloyal 'fans' were watching enemy propaganda on external big screens. Of course, he was too mean to provide a big screen for his own performance.

regards

yawn.

go back to writing your fake morrissey blog if it's that important to you to see your tedious words in print.

Morrisey is a prick and should be expelled
Somewhere Where he doesnt deserve
to wallow in the comfort of the democracy
of the UK, scumbag.

if he is so concerned about all those with
nothing, why doesnt he give them some of
his millions????

nö Chance..... Full of Shit and a disgrace
to Even call Himself British.

Dick!!!

go to hell idiot. big difference, Morrissey has actually earned his money through an outstanding body of work and some of the most memorable live shows ever. He can do what he wants with his money, he has EARNED it unlke the parasitic scum that is the royal family .

Re: Morrissey Statement - TTY

I think the problem is not only about how much they cost the public but more about class and the haves and have-nots.

Here it is announced that the Queen's estate has risen above £400million while 4 million children in the UK are living in poverty. One of the highest rates in the industrial world. It's obscene.

Yep she could sell up and give all the poor children £100 apiece which they could spent on cigs and cider in one weekend.

It' s rediculous to attack the royal family with cost being your argument. In 1760 the queens great great great grand father did a deal with the government where he would receive a fixed income, in exchange for the profit from rents of the crown estate. That is the profit from the kings personal property, each monarch since as agreed to the same deal, and it's to our benefit that they do, this year the civil list cost £40 million pounds where as the crown estate put £240 million into the treasury. I for one am grateful the queen is prepared to continue this agreement as a £200 million deficit would take some filling. Especially with so many tax dodging expats knocking about who contribute nothing.

yawn.

go back to writing your fake morrissey blog if it's that important to you to see your tedious words in print.

gosh, is my secret out?

Nana_et_rose.jpg

panic!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

regards

Step to the plate and tell us all about it, kiddo.
No? Oh.
Well then boo hoo, baby. Boo hoo.

no need. already scored.

Whilst I agree with most of Moz's comments on the overbearing jingoism surrounding the London Olympics, it's a little rich of him, given his recent show in Tel Aviv, where Palestinians encounter (on a daily basis) treatment no different (or better, for that matter) to that of the majority black population in apartheid South Africa (Palestinians are forced to carry pass cards in order to get from one place to another). It'd be interesting to hear his comments on this (just a personal thought).

No, you brought it up; you questioned me, you took issue with something that was contrary to what you expected. In asking about it, confronting me unprovoked, you brought yourself into the equation via an inquiry, implying you would be affected by my presence here. If you didn't care, if you minded your own business, then one could only assume that the matter was of no interest to you and did not affect you. But clearly it does. Therefore it is indeed you who has to deal with it, the "it" being my decision to post here. It's very simple to understand.

I did admit to lying; the "lie" was posted for a whopping two hours before I recanted it, of my own accord. I didn't kill anyone. I didn't toss and turn at night over it...I hardly "shamed" myself. I merely cleared something up, because there are way too many legitimate ways to embarrass Crystal Geezer than to need to resort to lying, which is beneath my intelligence and character.

And, to be honest, as she seems to live and breathe by this forum, so I got concerned that because she had not responded/taken the bait, she was committing suicide. She's clearly unstable and has no root in reality. I was worried that if I had pushed her too far and crossed a line, she might be so embarrassed that she could feel unable to post here anymore...which would clearly be the end of the world for her. Therefore I recanted the story; I did not want any responsibility if she did something dumb and adolescent.

And no, you aren't exactly being "hostile"...you're being passive-aggressive, which is much worse, because it is still hostility but it is a very phony brand of hostility; imbued with self righteousness and ignorance. The ignorance, of course, being borne of an anger that you are not totally sure you have a right to feel in the first place; therefore you pussyfoot around your accusation until it is castrated into a limp-wristed insinuation.

If you're gonna come at me and try to trip me up, go the whole 9. Don't be a wimp.

I just asked why you said you were leaving for a while, for lying, then came back sooner than you implied.
Fair enough question, and didn't require an essay for an explanation.
Not sure why your reply was so massive to be honest, but it didn't really change what happened, that you lied.
Sending a reply of any size to this isn't necessary as I'm now leaving for two weeks.

sorry Morrissey but bringing up nazi's, it's Godwin's law,
you lost.

:mad:

sorry Morrissey but bringing up nazi's, it's Godwin's law,
you lost.

:mad:
yeah, he really does like to be on "both sides" at the same time doesn't he? :cool:
I mean I seem to recall him hating Winston Churchill as well :eek:
don't get me wrong, there may have (arguably) been a time when he could have skirted such into a uhh
"dichotomy" perhaps :confused:
but no more, now its just sad :tears:
and likely the media's fault :lbf:

I love him more now when I read his statement. He put Istanbul in the first place of "Nights of wine and roses". I have a suggestion to him, he can live in Istanbul with me if he desires so.

Whilst I agree with most of Moz's comments on the overbearing jingoism surrounding the London Olympics, it's a little rich of him, given his recent show in Tel Aviv, where Palestinians encounter (on a daily basis) treatment no different (or better, for that matter) to that of the majority black population in apartheid South Africa (Palestinians are forced to carry pass cards in order to get from one place to another). It'd be interesting to hear his comments on this (just a personal thought).

Spot on my friend. Morrissey and politics is a bad combination these days. He's happy to creep around the Israeli's but feels the need to bash the Royals? Morrissey hasn't been a resident in the UK for a long time now so how come he claims to understand the public sentiment??? Also bashing Jamie Oliver is getting a bit tired now. Has Morrissey set up an academy to train underprivileged youngsters? What do you think? Okay our hero might donate a bit of money to PETA and Salfords Lads Club but he's hardly a working class hero is he? Out of touch certainly....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom