Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
Well having seen some of the debate it looked like Macron beat her hands down. But these were the edited highlights.
If that fascist c*** becomes President it will be horrendous. I'd prefer a neo-liberal banker to a Nazi

I sincerely hope the page was hacked as surface has posted and maybe the mainstream media, emphasis on the word mainstream, makes me have some hope it was. Morrissey seems to dislike all media and it doesn't sound like him to use the phrase mainstream media. It infers that he finds some non mainstream media trustworthy and that's just not like him

Well having seen some of the debate it looked like Macron beat her hands down. But these were the edited highlights.
If that fascist c*** becomes President it will be horrendous. I'd prefer a neo-liberal banker to a Nazi

Imo he for sure won. She was left groping for answers on financial questions and was reduced to personal attacks about his wife

The discussion continues ... and btw ...TTY is "on hold"
..the plot thickens o_O

Julia's not been doing TTY for a long time, I think that the Baldwin thing just put the nail in the coffin as far that site goes though. It's crap anyway. Even morrisseytour.com was better.

The discussion continues ... and btw ...TTY is "on hold"
..the plot thickens o_O

On hold? What is the source? Why not post this on TTY? I have a hard time believing he fell out with Julie. Maybe she is not feeling well?

Julia's not been doing TTY for a long time, I think that the Baldwin thing just put the nail in the coffin as far that site goes though. It's crap anyway. Even morrisseytour.com was better.

Oh.
This is the only reliable place anyway , but i'm still waiting for the top 3,10 whatever top concerts of the tour :confused:

It certainly gives the impression that Morrissey agreed with many of Le Pen's arguments if he thinks that she won the debate. He should have the courage to say that he agrees with her and not mouse around by talking about the media. These are reckless comments given the rise of the far-right across the globe. Morrissey can't have it both ways. You're either are against racism, or you're a racist. I think it's time he made a statement clarifying his position.

It certainly gives the impression that Morrissey agreed with many of Le Pen's arguments if he thinks that she won the debate. He should have the courage to say that he agrees with her and not mouse around by talking about the media. These are reckless comments given the rise of the far-right across the globe. Morrissey can't have it both ways. You're either are against racism, or you're a racist. I think it's time he made a statement clarifying his position.

Hes just trying cause a stir . Le Pen was mentioned for that reason .
The rest of his band , apart maybe boz, don't really get him .
Everyone knows the media lies . He could have said that at anytime during his career. He chose the Le Pen moment deliberately.
Morrissey has become pretty moronic over the last 10 years .

'It certainly gives the impression'

it could give the impression both ways.

'I think it's time he made a statement clarifying his position.'

Maybe he would just prefer that people make up their own minds.

It would be easier for everyone here and the world at large if he did make such a statement or statements explaining himself, but until then... we are all just left to speculation and assumption ... which will never lead us to the truth.

We'll Let You Know rated your post
clear.png
Troll in this thread :laughing:

WE'LL LET YOU TROLL :flowers:

Last edited:
I don’t see what about “she easily won the debate” says “I disagree with her”. Surely, if you think someone won a debate you agree with some of their viewpoints.

BTW, he leads her by 18 points today. Even her supporters say she bombed.

Agree unless he thinks the public at large agrees with her over Marcon which I don't know how he would be able to judge. If it's not a personal view that her arguments won then it would seem he's the one guessing. If so I hope he guessed wrong

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

Monsieur Morrissey I approuve Your message.
Général De Gaulle would have too..

If you read this message tell Mr Boz i ll come next time drink one or two beers, your nephew will be welcome too..

Un français sans importance...

The Gustavo JR Facebook is the 'real' page.
He's been very active replying to comments and playing down the appearance of any fascist support.
I won't cut and paste any of it - it is all viewable on his page.
This did amuse me though:
20170505_230317.png

Gustavo's replies are those of someone unsure of French politics and continually states Moz doesn't support any of them.
I'd suggest he & Sam are not left to post statements on their personal pages, as it will cause nothing except chagrin.
You can only have 5000 'friends' on Facebook - so posting a 'statement' to that limited an audience is just daft (and why exactly?) - TTY isn't the greatest portal, but it certainly reaches more people and distances his comments from the band.
Ho hum...
Regards,
FWD.

'It certainly gives the impression'

it could give the impression both ways.

'I think it's time he made a statement clarifying his position.'

Maybe he would just prefer that people make up their own minds.

It would be easier for everyone here and the world at large if he did make such a statement or statements explaining himself, but until then... we are all just left to speculation and assumption ... which will never lead us to the truth.
No, I have watched debates when the person whom I oppose clearly had the upper hand rhetorically. In those situations a normal person says, "it was distressing to me to see Person A out-argue Person B". You make your position against them clear. By not doing this, Morrissey is letting us know that he is sympathetic to Le Pen's argument to some extent. These, of course, fits together nicely with his implicit endorsement of Nigel Farage.

Probably Morrissey had a great lol listening the final punch by Marine Pen, she said"Whoever wins a woman will be the new President of France, me or Angela Merkel" and that's the truth and probably the reason of Morrissey's post. Marine Le Pen is a conservative, Macron is a nazi in disguise, the Jungle in Calais it's the shame of France and Macron as a member of the Hollande's Government is directly responsable of that. I'm not endorsing Le Pen, but she's authentic, probably Morrissey thinks the same.

More daft musings from the poster-boy for has-been hacks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom