Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
I suppose he is a liberal in the sense that Hillary Clinton is a liberal.
I do think it is strange how Islam gets a pass from liberals on what appears to be a very oppressive vision of what society ought to be. I think it's because many phony liberals don't have a really integrated philosophy. Many of them are privileged and feel that they own the world and the universe which is centered around them, so that if they can tolerate others sharing that world they get some kind of reward for it in the sense that they feel very noble. In case it matters I consider myself a liberal, but my experience with liberals I worked with has made me believe that this is the attitude many of them have in common.
It's strange that the values of Islam actually seem to align more closely with the values and vision of reactionary conservatives. The treatment of women and homosexuals doesn't seem very liberal. But, because the these liberals see Muslims, sometimes correctly, unfortunately, as the victims of hate rather than the propagators of hate, and because there is no integral viewpoint but rather a mass of contradictory viewpoints, running from issue to issue to try to protect people that the liberal, in condescending fashion feels need their help, they will align themselves with Islam, whereas other religions are free game. Unless it's Buddhism. In short a religion that this type of liberal sees at "other" due to most of it's adherents not being white, middle class, and coming from sheltered upbringings, is okay.
It all needs to go to actually solve the real problems and change to a society of truly liberal values. I do think people should be allowed to practice religion if they wish to but hopefully there will be a future where it becomes about as important to personal identity as being a fan of miniature golf.

Left wingers are insane, illiterate about reality, living in a fantasy world.:crazy:

In countries with the Sharia law you cant drink vodka or beer or even coffee, or enjoy gay sex.:thumb:
You have to pray 5 times a day to a non existing God. Thats 5 times.
I think all liberals should move to the Islamic world they so treasure.

There is not going to be a war, implies actual work, and the left wing will have none of it. A whine war maybe. They excell at whining.

We can reject failed neo-liberal policies, fight for programs and policies that help working people, and become a more fair and free society without moving to the far-right. We need true progressivism, not nationalism. I understand that the Clintons and Blairs of the world failed many people in their respective countries, but that doesn't mean that the only alternative is Farage or Le Pen. If you really think that immigration is the main cause of contemporary society's ills, you are misinformed and are easy prey for populist demagogues.

You've hit the nail on the head. Right now, "liberalism" has gone so far off the rails that none of the left-of-centre parties are actually upholding classical liberal positions.

I agree that there should be actual liberal alternatives. The fact that there is only a choice between right-wing populist nationalism and left-wing neo-Marxist globalism is troubling. In Yeatsian terms, "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold," and now here we are.

I do think we are at a place in history in which the policies of the right-wing populists are actually needed. This is not a usual time. This is a challenging and history-defining period. Now, do I think either extreme would be ideal long-term? Perhaps not, hence my call for classical liberalism to be restored. If the right-wing parties are the ones to uphold those values, gain power, and then moderate somewhat in the future, then so be it.

You've hit the nail on the head. Right now, "liberalism" has gone so far off the rails that none of the left-of-centre parties are actually upholding classical liberal positions.

I agree that there should be actual liberal alternatives. The fact that there is only a choice between right-wing populist nationalism and left-wing neo-Marxist globalism is troubling. In Yeatsian terms, "things fall apart, the centre cannot hold," and now here we are.

I do think we are at a place in history in which the policies of the right-wing populists are actually needed. This is not a usual time. This is a challenging and history-defining period. Now, do I think either extreme would be ideal long-term? Perhaps not, hence my call for classical liberalism to be restored. If the right-wing parties are the ones to uphold those values, gain power, and then moderate somewhat in the future, then so be it.

There is nothing neo-Marxist about the neo-liberalism favoured by the mainstream left. It is global capitalism given free reign. Marx would be appalled. You can think what you like about Marx, but his political and economic philosophy has no resemblance to that of the Clintons and Macrons of the world.

Morrissey is right.
I saw the debate live on France24 and Le Penn trounced him. He resorted to "liair" and "You're Stupid" over and over again ... but she made points and he said nothing. She mocked him (some will like taht some not. Morrissey obviously did). She took the piss. He was witless.

I ws astonished to see all the France 24 pundits calling it for MAcron -- well not really ... they had only anti Le Penn Guests. More biased than the BBC. As bad as German TV and US TV

His inauguration was a joke -- no-one turned up -- but that wasn't shown in the MSM. And in the streets the riots continued, by muslims and by left wingers, not FN supporters

His inauguration was a joke -- no-one turned up -- but that wasn't shown in the MSM.

Who were you expecting to turn up? It was held in the Elysee with invited guests only, as it always is.

And in the streets the riots continued, by muslims and by left wingers, not FN supporters
Did anyone take pictures of this?

Morrissey is right.
I saw the debate live on France24 and Le Penn trounced him. He resorted to "liair" and "You're Stupid" over and over again ... but she made points and he said nothing. She mocked him (some will like taht some not. Morrissey obviously did). She took the piss. He was witless.
I ws astonished to see all the France 24 pundits calling it for MAcron -- well not really ... they had only anti Le Penn Guests. More biased than the BBC. As bad as German TV and US TV
You kidding me?
Are you living in France? Me, yes !
Do you speak french? Me, yes!
Even the mlp's politic staff said she had made a bad debate and actually there is a crisis inside FN's party

His inauguration was a joke -- no-one turned up -- but that wasn't shown in the MSM. And in the streets the riots continued, by muslims and by left wingers, not FN supporters
Riots in the streets of France by muslims? Oh yes the return of the famous No Go Zone (Fox "ethical" News).
BTW, search: "Brahim Bouarram" with google, just for refresh you memory....

So, sorry, but Morrissey is wrong

There is nothing neo-Marxist about the neo-liberalism favoured by the mainstream left. It is global capitalism given free reign. Marx would be appalled. You can think what you like about Marx, but his political and economic philosophy has no resemblance to that of the Clintons and Macrons of the world.

O no, no Marxism at all in the Labour Party. Corbyn probably hasnt even heard of the DK.:laughing:
:crazy:

Maybe because Marx was a loser in life and his philosophy has proved itself to also be a losing proposition.
Its envy brought up to the 100th degree. A philosophy for losers.
Lenin butchered six million in the first couple of years of the Red Terror.:rolleyes:

PS... Islam is THE religion of peace.LOL

Morrissey is right.

Moz hit it right.:rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom