Morrissey statement on French election posted on Gustavo's Facebook

Link to Gustavo's Facebook post on May 4 posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"Last night Marine Le Pen easily won the French Election debate.

Today both the BBC and CNN say Macron won the debate.

This is precisely the reason why mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people."

Morrissey
4 May 2017.

UPDATE 5:15PM PT:

Amendment added to original post (posted by Ed Wood):

AMENDMENT:

"My statement is that the mainstream media will not objectively or truthfully report on any figure who is not already a part of the political elite. Marine Le Pen is a perfect example of this.
She proves that the BBC or CNN are incapable of reporting without enforcing their own private agenda. Thus, the BBC and CNN do not actually provide news. Instead, they feed your their opinion which, in fact, no one has ever asked for. For example, today the BBC assures the world that 'the nation salutes Prince Phillip' when, factually, it would not be possible to find any nation anywhere that salutes Prince Phillip, or, if it were found, it certainly would not be England."

Morrissey
5 May 2017

UPDATE May 7:

Facebook post now deleted. Posted earlier by an anonymous person:

Gustavo has edited his post again, and says he is going to take it down shortly:

"Thank you all very much for the support, the opinions, and the attention. They are ALL valid but now, the French people have spoken.
1f37e.png
1f37b.png
. This post is history now and will be taken down soon. If there are any last words, by all means, scream away. If not, I will resume my personal FB with pictures of my dogs and horrible selfies. XO - g"

Media coverage:

Last edited:
UncleSkinny wrote: "If this is real he can go f*** himself. Full-on racist buffoonery. He and Farage are, to coin a phrase, hand in glove. Booze and racism. A disgrace."
I replied: "What has Farage ever said or done that is "racist"?"

UncleSkinny claims I was "ranting" and thus he blocked me. But as any rational person can see, he was the one ranting with obscenities and wild charges and intolerance, and I simply and politely asked him for evidence. He couldn't support his rants so he flipped out even further.

Well, I still think that Nigel Farage is a good dude. COSIGNED by Morrissey and Johnny Rotten and millions across the UK and Western Civilization! :)

If you like Farage so much just go f***ing listen to him in Fox News. Nobody is keeping you

Wow, I thought if Farage is such a racist you'd show me some video or some actual reliable sources proving it. Instead you gave me garbage and then started hurling swear words at me saying I'm blocked. LOL I've watched many YouTubes of Nigel. I follow him on Twitter. I've watched his speeches. I've watched many of his radio broadcasts. Not once have I seen any evidence of racism. But you're gonna give me some garbage smear links and act like you've proven your case. LOL It doesn't hold up in court! And what did I do to get blocked? LOL What a joke. Typical.

He'll block anything. He does everything with blinders on. He's the guy that says, "I'm not racist! I have a black friend!" He'd block his wife from the last piece of pizza. Typical boring left-winger, and this is coming from a left-winger, but who's tired of the boring left-wingers like him.

Associating with the President of the United States sets off "alarm bells" for you? Wow, scary stuff. I'm enjoying watching all the critics of Nigel and Brexit being proven wrong on all of their fear-mongering and B.S. They will be ridiculed by history one day.
I like Theo cause he is a true american who was never given anything for free by the state and had to create his own life without any assistance. A lot of europeans need to be more aware of the fact they are where they are cause the state provided for them. Sadly that does not make people grateful and they just want more and more for free.

What will happen with those who make a living or get free marketing by promoting racism or accusing others of being racist, when finally they have to admit that human races don't exist and that the real problem behind segregation and exploitation is a matter of power and submission, not a matter of skin tones or physical features??

There aren’t, and never were, biological human races. Races are cultural constructs based partly on perceived biological differences. Nevertheless, proponents of racial ideologies have tried to appropriate science to legitimise their ideas. One example is their use of racial photography in early 20th-century Germany to shape the idea of a Nordic, Aryan “race”, while dismissing the Jewish people as a “mixed” race. (newscientist.com)

"'my people'

I never had a 'people' where does one get a 'my people' ? Just curious."

-----

Why didn't you quote what I was replying to, where the person stated "People like you"?

What will happen with those who make a living or get free marketing by promoting racism or accusing others of being racist, when finally they have to admit that human races don't exist and that the real problem behind segregation and exploitation is a matter of power and submission, not a matter of skin tones or physical features??

There aren’t, and never were, biological human races. Races are cultural constructs based partly on perceived biological differences. Nevertheless, proponents of racial ideologies have tried to appropriate science to legitimise their ideas. One example is their use of racial photography in early 20th-century Germany to shape the idea of a Nordic, Aryan “race”, while dismissing the Jewish people as a “mixed” race. (newscientist.com)
I understand that many anthropologists believe that race doesn't exist but they are experts and they debate this. It's not as if that view is widely accepted so you can't just declare it to be so. You are correct that the idea of race make it easy to divide people and create false group identities which can then be more easily exploited. Morrissey clearly believes race exists. "Blacks and whites will never get along." "Obama is white on the inside." Not to mention that recent "black on the inside" debacle.
In the United States, one can't help but feel that racial division is very real but generally among the poorest or most exploited people. In prison, for example, or when you consider those living in poverty racial identity is considered very important because everything else can be taken away. Once you get into areas that are more financially comfortable race is less important and it's more about wealth and earning power.

I'm still laughing at how quickly UncleSkinny blocked me. When he was the one hurling ranting and raving obscenities.

No one really takes these leftist smears seriously anymore. Morrissey said it on "You Are The Quarry" over a decade ago. "Every ist and ism thrown my way". But people have woken up now. All you have to do is disagree with a lefty and suddenly you will have every "ist" and "ism" thrown your way. It's an attempt to make people who disagree with the LeftWell, people don't buy that crap anymore. You wanna prove Nigel Farage is a racist, then actually prove it. The burden is on YOU to PROVE your case when you make such an accusation. I don't have to prove anything just because I like Nigel Farage, because I've never heard him say or do anything racist.
Don't give us garbage links to smears about what he supposedly said when he was 10 years old. That's a joke. If that's your case, you're laughed out of court. No wonder you block people.
Show us real proof or stand down and apologize, because defamers are the lowest scum of this earth. People who DEFAME others with SMEARS are scum. Rotten people. Trying to silence and shut people down from speaking their minds, making them afraid to say what they truly mean. Your brand of bullying has gone out style. People have wised up to it.

You, UncleSkinny, are a hateful, intolerant person. You owe me an apology.

Last edited:
No, Farage has nothing to apologize about regarding his associating with President Trump.

I'll tell you who should apologize. Former President Obama should apologize to the entire UK for going over there and meddling with their democracy, issuing threats about how the UK would be put to the "back of the queue" if they voted to leave the EU. President Obama should be ashamed of himself for interfering in that vote and issuing such scumbag threats against our closest friend in the world. But he thought the Wicked Witch of the West, Hillary, would win, and would make good on his threats.
Didn't work out that way. President Trump is putting the UK to the FRONT of the queue. And yet you see the clowns on here saying that UK politicians should not have anything to do with President Trump. LOL

No, Farage has nothing to apologize about regarding his associating with President Trump.

I'll tell you who should apologize. Former President Obama should apologize to the entire UK for going over there and meddling with their democracy, issuing threats about how the UK would be put to the "back of the queue" if they voted to leave the EU. President Obama should be ashamed of himself for interfering in that vote and issuing such scumbag threats against our closest friend in the world. But he thought the Wicked Witch of the West, Hillary, would win, and would make good on his threats.
Didn't work out that way. President Trump is putting the UK to the FRONT of the queue. And yet you see the clowns on here saying that UK politicians should not have anything to do with President Trump. LOL

With all the crackpots floating in the world, Obama attempted regime change in only two places
UK
Israel
Crazeeeee..:crazy:

He was going to put the UK at the back of the queue. LOL. The back of the queue is where he now resides.:thumb:

Obama lived off the fat of the land all his life, off grants, loans etc became an academic etc Never knew what it is to have a real job and produce. Hillary never worked, Kerry lived off the wife. You find this type in the left: 'film makers' (just about every single one is a filmaker with the stupid phone camera), artists..... etc. With no talent but so be it.
But they all think they deserve to be made to live large.

Bizarro world to hear Morrissey parroting alt right people by complaining about the mainstream media. Soon he will be telling us he hates Mexicans, healthcare, and Government programs to help the poor.

Bizarro world to hear Morrissey parroting alt right people by complaining about the mainstream media. Soon he will be telling us he hates Mexicans, healthcare, and Government programs to help the poor.

LOL right, Moz spends his down time in Switzerland and 5 star hotels worrying about healthcare and assistance for the poor.:crazy:
Maybe no.

"Moz" lives in LA and has been since 1996. He doesn't spend his "downtime" in Switzerland or Portugal, or Itsstan Bull, or "visiting relatives in Dublin" Someone who shops at the Calabasas Costco and doesn't miss $2.00 veggie taco Tuesday at The Sunset Marquis doesn't make a habit of staying in 5 star hotels all the time. If it wasn't for sell outs in California and the rest of the Southwest of the US and the mporium uk, he would be roomies with Steve Jones at his apartment in Sylmar.

Last edited:
"'my people'

I never had a 'people' where does one get a 'my people' ? Just curious."

-----

Why didn't you quote what I was replying to, where the person stated "People like you"?

because in your post #700 there was no post in a box to show who you were replying to. So it is IMPOSSIBLE to see or tell who you are replying to. (like this post of yours that I'm replying to, though it wasn't directly posted to me) Anyways,I took it as a post (yours#700) commenting in general and not on a particular post. Now, if you tell me the post # of the post you were replying to, then we might see why you used the words 'my people'. And I wasn't looking for an argument with you, I was just really curious why you chose those words, sorry if it looked that way.

Last edited:
"Moz" lives in LA and has been since 1996. He doesn't spend his "downtime" in Switzerland or Portugal, or Itsstan Bull, or "visiting relatives in Dublin" Someone who shops at the Calabasas Costco and doesn't miss $2.00 veggie taco Tuesday at The Sunset Marquis doesn't make a habit of staying in 5 star hotels all the time. If it wasn't for sell outs in California and the rest of the Southwest of the US and the mporium uk, he would be roomies with Steve Jones at his apartment in Sylmar.
In Sweden we eat tacos on fridays but our version is less spicy and some do not even consider it tacos (mexicans).

Some argue the swedes will never be able to start a war cause that would mean abandoning the friday tacos for a ditch or bunker somewhere and no friday evening tv show to watch either.

That would just kill us all off.

Moz doesnt eat anything that costs two bucks. :mad:
Hes never seen the inside of a Costco. He purchases XXXXLL Tshirts for the band there but sends the chubby chick that works for him to do the actual buying. They have cement floors in Costco.:crazy:

Moz doesnt eat anything that costs two bucks. :mad:
Hes never seen the inside of a Costco. He purchases XXXXLL Tshirts for the band there but sends the chubby chick that works for him to do the actual buying. They have cement floors in Costco.:crazy:
American shops always had the best and most even floors.

I'd love to visit the Walmart deli where Barbara, the mother of teen mom star Jenelle, works.

barbara-evans-zinger-jenelle-evans.gif

This anti-media stance is quite disturbing. The kind of stuff you get from right-wing extremists all over the world at the moment (Sweden, the US, the UK, and so on).

Have you read George Orwell's 1984, Adorno and Horkeimer's The Culture Industry: Enlightenment as Mass Deception, or Guy Debord's Comments on the Society of the Spectacle? Certainly none of these texts reflect the views of right-wing extremists and yet all of the above express similar views to Morrissey.

Why do you find it disturbing to question or at least to be skeptical of medial reality, which of course is the version of events that serves to propagate the agenda of the ruling-class?

It certainly gives the impression that Morrissey agreed with many of Le Pen's arguments if he thinks that she won the debate. He should have the courage to say that he agrees with her and not mouse around by talking about the media. These are reckless comments given the rise of the far-right across the globe. Morrissey can't have it both ways. You're either are against racism, or you're a racist. I think it's time he made a statement clarifying his position.

Likening an election to a referendum on racism is absurd. I worry about the future of liberalism if left-of-centre parties' only selling point is "if you don't support us, you are a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic Russian Nazi and you need to die."

It's not working, and it's not liberalism either.

If liberals are turning to "right-wing" parties more often in search of leaders who will uphold classical liberal values, that reflects a fundamental problem with current "liberalism" and not a fundamental problem with the people whom the modern left has abandoned. That's a cop-out and a shirking of responsibility on the part of failed politicians and their out-of-touch platforms.

This is great considering Morrissey called CNN fake news, for all intents and purposes: "mainstream news media outlets cannot be trusted to tell the truth. Their private agendas are more important than facts, reality, or their duty to the people" and "BBC and CNN do not actually provide news"—delightful!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom