Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
In contrast to Thatcher who once was described as " the only man in British Parliament ".

But man or woman is not the issue here.
I disliked, or should I say hated Thatcher deeply, not only because of her ideology but because of the cold, unemphatic ways she destroyed the life of millions, leaving them in misery, poverty and kicking them back to a same level of life as that of what used to be called as a third world country.
It was uncalled for in a European country.

I didn't like her either, but she had a definite identity. May seems clueless and goes on about helping people, but in reality is doing the opposite.

I didn't like her either, but she had a definite identity. May seems clueless and goes on about helping people, but in reality is doing the opposite.

Yes she had a definite identity.
And the power, as the prime minister to force the bad politics on so many people.
I don't know enough about England and it's people but always had a feeling it had to do with the strong class-structure of it's society.

The war of the classes and of course what is and was considered by many people as the "working class" at the losing end. As always. You can say victimization thinking is non positive and brings you nowhere but these were really unbelievable hard times for so many people and the advice given them by the conservative politicians were cynical, without ANY compassion and understanding whatsoever. Like building up some own business in a humdrum town where she closed the mines.

Saying that to someone who never could understand how to do that and even if he did not being able to cause that town had become a wasteland and there was absolutely no one who could.
Shame on her!

Yes she had a definite identity.
And the power, as the prime minister to force the bad politics on so many people.
I don't know enough about England and it's people but always had a feeling it had to do with the strong convictionclass-structure of it's society.
The war of the classes and of course what is and was considered by many people as the "working class" at the losing end. As always. You can say victimization thinking is non positive and brings you nowhere but these were really unbelievable hard times for so many people and the advice given them by the conservative politicians were cynical, without ANY compassion and understanding whatsoever. Like building up some own business in a humdrum town where she closed the mines.
Saying that to someone who never could understand how to do that and even if he did not being able to cause that town had become a wasteland and there was absolutely no one who could.
Shame on her!
But she made everyone become a house owner!

Mortgage loans and stomach acid pills sky rocketed.

LOL

In contrast to Thatcher who once was described as " the only man in British Parliament ".

But man or woman is not the issue here.
I disliked, or should I say hated Thatcher deeply, not only because of her ideology but because of the cold, unemphatic ways she destroyed the life of millions, leaving them in misery, poverty and kicking them back to a same level of life as that of what used to be called as a third world country.
It was uncalled for in a European country.
Joe Strummer hated her too but missed her like hell when she was gone from politics. He said she had balls.

There is no doubt after Brexit they need a strong leader to guide the ship and she doesn't come off as confrontational in any way or perhaps others disagree.

Abide with me or abide with meoow, we shall see!

Joe Strummer hated her too but missed her like hell when she was gone from politics. He said she had balls.

There is no doubt after Brexit they need a strong leader to guide the ship and she doesn't come off as confrontational in any way or perhaps others disagree.

Abide with me or abide with meoow, we shall see!

"He said she had balls".
She acted like she had them, I give you that.
But in fact she had not, or at the wrong place!
Or did I miss something?

"He said she had balls".
She acted like she had them, I give you that.
But in fact she had not, or at the wrong place!
Or did I miss something?
LOL

I am watching the dutch Fox Sports as Holland are winning in Morocco and many dutch words are the same as swedish.

United player Memphis Depay is doing well now he is loaned out by the club to Lyon and he always performs well for the national team.

Where is Moracko? What is a "Memphis Depay" and "Lyon"? Is Holland actually a real place? I thought it was just a made up word to describe cookies.

What does all this have to do with Steve Morrissey?

Sorry to be a total party pooper and to be the one to break the news to you all after 31 pages of your debate - but the discussion on the previous page of "It's Radical Islam" vs "It's not mainstream Islam", is a circular argument.

The REAL issue, that no one likes to admit - is that there IS only ONE single Islam.

Everything else is just people's interpretations of the Koran to suit their personal agendas. The Koran is contradictory, yes. But the "extremist" views are VERY much in the book, as is the call to murder all non-believers.

Would you like me to quote you the book?

Where is Moracko? What is a "Memphis Depay" and "Lyon"? Is Holland actually a real place? I thought it was just a made up word to describe cookies.

What does all this have to do with Steve Morrissey?
Nuffink at all!

But thank you for solving another clue for me.

That's silly as everyone knows and says it's the work of radical Islam. What they don't say is that it's the work of mainstream Islam.

Silly because it doesn't fit your personal narrative of what you want to hear? Any answer I come up with that doesn't have racist undertones is not going to be accepted by you as you're clearly determined to take the statement as one with racist undertones.

People might not like Theresa May but anyone voting Corbyn's Labour manifesto needs their head reads.

People might not like Theresa May but anyone voting Corbyn's Labour manifesto needs their head reads.
Is she hated at all?

I haven't heard a bad word about her when I follow the news or what people say. I get the feeling many see her as the right choice to lead the country out of the EU. I get a feeling that a lot of people now put other issues aside to allow her to deal with that process.

Could she become a friendly version of Maggie?

Would you like me to quote you the book?

Thanks but no.

Why do most Muslims not choose to blow themselves up in concert venues. Can it simply be that they don't understand the Quran as well as you do?

I wish Morrissey/Marr would use show up for this charity concert. Then use this as a vehicle to tour playing Smiths songs worldwide. They could donate $5 of each ticket to put towards whatever fund they wish. Imagine the money they could generate and the happiness the would spread.

Here we have Mark Steyn's commentary on Manchester to drive the point home on many of the points we have been making:

Theresa is not liked by anyone with a brain; check Facebook or Twitter - the mainstream media in the UK either love her because they are right wing or because the newspapers are owned by rich people who want the unfair status quo that benefits them and their friends. The BBC is worried it will have its license fee taken away so they toe the line.

bhops I did not mean your statement was silly, I meant it was silly that people could not blame radical islam in public. I take your point, but there are millions and millions of peaceful muslims.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom