Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Theresa is not liked by anyone with a brain; check Facebook or Twitter - the mainstream media in the UK either love her because they are right wing or because the newspapers are owned by rich people who want the unfair status quo that benefits them and their friends. The BBC is worried it will have its license fee taken away so they toe the line.

bhops I did not mean your statement was silly, I meant it was silly that people could not blame radical islam in public. I take your point, but there are millions and millions of peaceful muslims.

There are millions and millions of peaceful sexists, too. But sex and gender discrimination are forbidden and punished by law.

There are millions and millions of peaceful sexists, too. But sex and gender discrimination are forbidden and punished by law.

Can you force people to like someone because of their gender? It's the policies I object to. Put up Angela Rayner or Rebecca Long-Bailey for PM and I'm there. I've already sent my postal vote for Sally Gathern (Labour candidate for Ashford).

So by extension, there are millions and millions of peaceful muslims, but practising Islam should be forbidden and punished by law.

Can you force people to like someone because of their gender? It's the policies I object to. Put up Angela Rayner or Rebecca Long-Bailey for PM and I'm there. I've already sent my postal vote for Sally Gathern (Labour candidate for Ashford).

Not "like" because of gender or sexual orientation, just "respect" and equal treatment.

Thanks but no.

Why do most Muslims not choose to blow themselves up in concert venues. Can it simply be that they don't understand the Quran as well as you do?

The point is that people are (erroneously) arguing, including on this thread, that extremists' views are not supported by the Islamic religion, and that "Islam is a religion of peace" - with a few murders that the "other" people of of the Islamic faith and that "other" Islamic believers somehow need to distance themselves from, due to "not having the same beliefs" and as the "extremists."

My point is that non-violent Muslims who claim Islam is a "religion of peace" are also offering their own very loose interpretation of the book, and they are also ONLY cherry-picking only the parts that make sense to them.

The point that other people are rightfully making, is when they are saying, "open your eyes, because it's NOT being "racist" to at least *acknowledge* that the actual written book of the Koran ABSOLUTELY has terror commanded toward ANY and ALL infidels and non-believers."

When some uniformed, naive person - here on this thread, or in the real world - comes back with a retort such as "Well, most Muslims do not choose to blow themselves up" this is neither here, nor there.

The entire Islamic religious IDEOLOGY is based on the Koran, and the Koran is not something that I, or anyone else, is "making up" to "make Islam look bad".

- "And fight them (the unbelievers), until there is no fitnah (rebellion), and until the religion, ALL OF IT, is all for Allah." Qur'an 8:39

- "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, kill him" 'Prophet' Muhammad, Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57

- "Surely the vilest of animals in all of Allah's sight, are all of the disbelievers". Qur'an 8:55

- "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. Those who are with him are HARD against the disbelievers, and merciful only amongst themselves". Qur'an 48:29

- "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. So strike off all of their heads!" Qur'an 8:12

- Former President Barack Obama, Cairo Speech to the Muslim world, June 2009: "The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent is as - it is as if he has killed all of mankind." WRONG. What the Koran ACTUALLY states in the passage that he quoted incorrectly, is the following:

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our Messenger with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to comma excesses in the land. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief* through the land is: execution of crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposites sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is their hereafter." Qur'an 5:32-33. *Mischief - defined as idolatry or rejection of Muhammad's message in the classical texts.

"Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'NONE has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'" 'Prophet' Muhammad, Sahih Bukhari 8:387

At the Summit Against Violent Extremism, February 2015 "... we are at war with people who have perverted Islam." - Former President Barack Obama.

Perhaps Barack would now like to expand on this comment, and to explain to us all how ISIS "perverts" Islam?

Warfare against the unbelievers for the sake of Allah - Qur'an 9:5
Mutilation of enemy combatants - Qur'an 8:12
Punishing Homosexuals - Qur'an 4:17
Crucifixion of 'mischief-makers' - Qur'an 5:33
Sexual slavery - Qur'an 33:50
Subjugation of 'unbelievers' - Qur'an 9:29
Forced conversion - Qur'an 8:39

No one ever said that all Muslims want to blow themselves up. However people are being attacked for daring to voice that there is a problem with the entire religion's ideology. Or even less controversially as far as I can see - that Islamic terrorism is not something independent of, and unrelated to, or at odds in any way with the teaching's of the faith's GIVEN IDEOLOGY.

At the same time, the same people who are ironically denying that all of this is factual, also seem to somehow agree that we shouldn't have terrorism, and that we shouldnt't have gays being stoned to death, and that we don't support women having their genitals hacked off with rusty scalpels. These things are all part of the religious ideology of the Islamic faith, and yes, the reason most rational and reasonable people seem to agree that on the whole we are against ALL of these barbaric practices and beliefs, is because the entire ideology is COMPLETELY AT ODDS and against ALL of truths and rights that are innate part of our hard-fought for, over centuries, valued Western culture.

Call me when anyone here has anything else intelligent to say. I'm going to put my feet up and I'm going to put a little paper tropical umbrella in my cocktail now - and I also won't be holding my breath.

Signed,
A scanty bit of a thing
With a decorative ring
That wouldn't cover the head of a goose

Just if they discriminate women and homosexuals, Uncleskinny.

Your position seems ambiguous. Is that you

(a) think people who discriminate against women and homosexuals should be banned from practicing Islam;
(b) think people should be banned from discriminating against women and homosexuals, but only people who are Muslims?

The point is that people are (erroneously) arguing, including on this thread, that extremists' views are not supported by the Islamic religion, and that "Islam is a religion of peace" - with a few murders that the "other" people of of the Islamic faith and that "other" Islamic believers somehow need to distance themselves from, due to "not having the same beliefs" and as the "extremists."

My point is that non-violent Muslims who claim Islam is a "religion of peace" are also offering their own very loose interpretation of the book, and they are also ONLY cherry-picking only the parts that make sense to them.

The point that other people are rightfully making, is when they are saying, "open your eyes, because it's NOT being "racist" to at least *acknowledge* that the actual written book of the Koran ABSOLUTELY has terror commanded toward ANY and ALL infidels and non-believers."

When some uniformed, naive person - here on this thread, or in the real world - comes back with a retort such as "Well, most Muslims do not choose to blow themselves up" this is neither here, nor there.

The entire Islamic religious IDEOLOGY is based on the Koran, and the Koran is not something that I, or anyone else, is "making up" to "make Islam look bad".

- "And fight them (the unbelievers), until there is no fitnah (rebellion), and until the religion, ALL OF IT, is all for Allah." Qur'an 8:39

- "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, kill him" 'Prophet' Muhammad, Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57

- "Surely the vilest of animals in all of Allah's sight, are all of the disbelievers". Qur'an 8:55

- "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. Those who are with him are HARD against the disbelievers, and merciful only amongst themselves". Qur'an 48:29

- "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. So strike off all of their heads!" Qur'an 8:12

- Former President Barack Obama, Cairo Speech to the Muslim world, June 2009: "The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent is as - it is as if he has killed all of mankind." WRONG. What the Koran ACTUALLY states in the passage that he quoted incorrectly, is the following:

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if anyone slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our Messenger with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to comma excesses in the land. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and his Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief* through the land is: execution of crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposites sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is their hereafter." Qur'an 5:32-33. *Mischief - defined as idolatry or rejection of Muhammad's message in the classical texts.

"Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'NONE has the right to be worshipped but Allah.'" 'Prophet' Muhammad, Sahih Bukhari 8:387

At the Summit Against Violent Extremism, February 2015 "... we are at war with people who have perverted Islam." - Former President Barack Obama.

Perhaps Barack would now like to expand on this comment, and to explain to us all how ISIS "perverts" Islam?

Warfare against the unbelievers for the sake of Allah - Qur'an 9:5
Mutilation of enemy combatants - Qur'an 8:12
Punishing Homosexuals - Qur'an 4:17
Crucifixion of 'mischief-makers' - Qur'an 5:33
Sexual slavery - Qur'an 33:50
Subjugation of 'unbelievers' - Qur'an 9:29
Forced conversion - Qur'an 8:39

No one ever said that all Muslims want to blow themselves up. However people are being attacked for daring to voice that there is a problem with the entire religion's ideology. Or even less controversially as far as I can see - that Islamic terrorism is not something independent of, and unrelated to, or at odds in any way with the teaching's of the faith's GIVEN IDEOLOGY.

At the same time, the same people who are ironically denying that all of this is factual, also seem to somehow agree that we shouldn't have terrorism, and that we shouldnt't have gays being stoned to death, and that we don't support women having their genitals hacked off with rusty scalpels. These things are all part of the religious ideology of the Islamic faith, and yes, the reason most rational and reasonable people seem to agree that on the whole we are against ALL of these barbaric practices and beliefs, is because the entire ideology is COMPLETELY AT ODDS and against ALL of truths and rights that are innate part of our hard-fought for, over centuries, valued Western culture.

Call me when anyone here has anything else intelligent to say. I'm going to put my feet up and I'm going to put a little paper tropical umbrella in my cocktail now - and I also won't be holding my breath.

Signed,
A scanty bit of a thing
With a decorative ring
That wouldn't cover the head of a goose

You can pick and choose any old fairy-tale bollocks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...han-quran-text-analysis-reveals-a6863381.html

http://www.salon.com/2014/05/31/11_kinds_of_bible_verses_christians_love_to_ignore_partner/

Your position seems ambiguous. Is that you

(a) think people who discriminate against women and homosexuals should be banned from practicing Islam;
(b) think people should be banned from discriminating against women and homosexuals, but only people who are Muslims?

Nobody should discriminate women and homosexuals, don't you think so? No matter what excuse they have, religion is the excuse for muslims.

Good retort, Skinny!

With a link to a completely off-topic article, that has absolutely zero content that relates specifically to any of the very even and measured statements or factual transcriptions relayed above, and which also has - in fact - zero substance that is relevant to what was posted above on the whole. But then, your comments always have zero substance.

General violence being described as part of a historical allegory, is quite different to an ENTIRE RELIGIOUS IDEOLOGY that promotes torture and commands death specifically to ALL non-believers, and which condones, encourages, and demands rape and torture before death to ALL non-believing females, and which further encourages, condones, and allows the sexual abuse of all minor children, both male and female.

The fact that some people do not actively seek out to engage in these practices is not what is being debated. Nor is that what is being argued - as you well know. Nor does the fact that some people do not actively seek out to engage in these practices mean that these practices are NOT a part of the faith's belief system, and indeed STATED central tenets of the entire Islamic faith and its GIVEN ideology. Because they are.

The first article you linked to is a general comment piece. It is completely off-topic in every sense of the word, and it does not address any of the valid points made above - none of which were hateful. The second 'article' you linked to is a joke - thanks for the laugh.

Don't let my response to your "articles" deter you. But at least don't respond until your discourse improves.

Also just a friendly word of support... Don't ever quote a 'SALON' article in the future, if you ever expect to be taken seriously by anybody - on any subject.

Please, stop analizing texts and go directly to the practice of the ideology (aka res non verba):

- Women in Islam

- LGBT in Islam

- Middle East is "the most dangerous place for Christians to live"

- Conversion of Churches to moskes

If you think it's less violent and you prefer the practice of Quran, why don't you move your family to the Middle East? Try to convince them you are an atheist. Surely they will respect you.

Last edited:
Nobody should discriminate women and homosexuals, don't you think so? No matter what excuse they have, religion is the excuse for muslims.

I'm still not clear. What is it that you think should be banned?

Of course, but which one are we allowed to criticize? You should be smarter than this. Pointing out that Christianity is a bunch of bullshit doesn't really do anything to counter the argument that reasonable people would be anti-Islamic.

Of course, but which one are we allowed to criticize? You should be smarter than this. Pointing out that Christianity is a bunch of bullshit doesn't really do anything to counter the argument that reasonable people would be anti-Islamic.
We do need to point a finger at christianity for using violence and oppression as a means to kill off paganism. The way that christianity has destroyed pagan places of worship including temples is a part of the history denied by christianity.

Most people have no idea that christianity was not at all the original religion but I guess most know how it stole traditions that belong to paganism. As soon as something became popular christianity picked it up.

Christianity is a soulless evil religion which is all about greed and ignorance. It manages to gather masses of people who are in no way aware of its history. Christianity is like a big powerful company only looking at the finances and could not care less about their followers.

Christianity needs no terrorism for it is terrorism itself and it is time its victims of the past got the recognition they deserve.

Not "like" because of gender or sexual orientation, just "respect" and equal treatment.

I will not treat a bad politician as a good one just because they are a woman, just as I wouldn't because they are a man. A bad politician is a bad politician - I named you some good female politicians.

Last edited:
Law must be respected. Equality and human dignity.

Absolutely. Wherever it promotes equality and human dignity, the law should be respected and, more importantly enforced. In fact, even where the law fails to offer protection, we still have an obligation to respect equality and human dignity.

But, wouldn't you agree that Muslims are as entitled to equality and human dignity as anyone? So that they should not, as a population, be subjected to intimidation, unfair discrimination or hate propaganda?

We do need to point a finger at christianity for using violence and oppression as a means to kill off paganism. The way that christianity has destroyed pagan places of worship including temples is a part of the history denied by christianity.

Most people have no idea that christianity was not at all the original religion but I guess most know how it stole traditions that belong to paganism. As soon as something became popular christianity picked it up.

Christianity is a soulless evil religion which is all about greed and ignorance. It manages to gather masses of people who are in no way aware of its history. Christianity is like a big powerful company only looking at the finances and could not care less about their followers.

Christianity needs no terrorism for it is terrorism itself and it is time its victims of the past got the recognition they deserve.

I have nothing good to say about Christianity. But my point was that it's okay to put down the Catholic Church and the Pope but if you start talking about Islam suddenly you are an evil person. I'm not defending Christianity but as far as I'm aware no Christians have blown up an Ariana Grande concert in the past couple of weeks. The point is that Islam is some stupid bullshit. You have to be a moron or brainwashed to believe it, and the idea that it really is having an increasing influence on western society is alarming to me. It should be open to being mocked the same as any other religion. People tread lightly because of fear of extremists or becausee of fear that saying Islam is bullshit will result in charges of bigotry, even "hate speech," which is a ridiculous law in the first place. You can't have freedom of speech and then have a few words or phrases that don't count.

Absolutely. Wherever it promotes equality and human dignity, the law should be respected and, more importantly enforced. In fact, even where the law fails to offer protection, we still have an obligation to respect equality and human dignity.

But, wouldn't you agree that Muslims are as entitled to equality and human dignity as anyone? So that they should not, as a population, be subjected to intimidation, unfair discrimination or hate propaganda?

Of course, as I said in a previous post, muslim women and gays are the main victims of practices encouraged by Islamic interpretation of Quran. A lot of them are victimized in western countries despite the fact they are protected by western laws. Child marriage, clitoris mutilation, women submission, intimidation of homosexuals based on religion, all those are agressions that still happen in western countries, particularly to muslim people, encouraged by muslim people.

Muslim people should never be intimidated, discriminated or hated.
But ideologies that enforce discrimination and hate towards their own people and towards "Quran infidels" should be -at least- analized and questioned because they are totally against western values and law. If someone breaks the law that person should be punished, no matter on what religion, culture or ideology they intend to excuse that crime.

Promoting the idea that women are inferior or have less rights than men is totally illegal. Likewise promoting the idea that homosexuality is a crime or a sin that must be punished. If a religious leader in western territory speaks publicly promoting or encouraging ideas of discrimination based on sex or sexual orientation that person should be arrested and subjected to criminal prosecution. If they act differently, officials are breaking the law.

Back
Top Bottom