Morrissey statement on tour cancellation - true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Tuesday June 10th
- true-to-you.net

Morrissey announces the close down of the present U.S. tour with "unimaginable sorrow".
On Saturday, June 7th, following the show at Boston Opera House, Morrissey collapsed and was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital where doctors treated Morrissey for "acute fever". Difficulties had arisen on May 31st following Kristeen Young's opening set at the Miami Knight Concert Hall, after which Kristeen confessed to "a horrendous cold", the symptoms of which were passed on to Morrissey resulting in the cancellation of the next show in Atlanta.
For the good of all, Kristeen was asked to step down from the immediate upcoming shows, but instead she decided to leave the tour entirely. Morrissey and the band wish her well and hope she is now in good health.
Morrissey received medical attention in Miami, and once again in Boston, but it was not enough to shake off the virus, the recovery time for which is too lengthy to meet the final 9 shows of the tour.
Morrissey and the band are otherwise delighted and very grateful for their experiences on the U.S. tour, some shows of which they considered to be their best-ever, most notably:

1 BOSTON Opera House
2 LOS ANGELES Sports Arena
3 BEAUMONT Julie Rogers Theater
4 NASHVILLE Ryman Auditorium
5 MEMPHIS Orpheum Theater

Related press:

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying that Morrissey was actually spotted in Birmingham?

That is what I was told, yes. He said he watched a few people go up to him and shake his hand. I guess it could have been a look alike.(?)
I don't have any pictures. Feel free to disregard this if you want.

Are you saying that Morrissey was actually spotted in Birmingham?

That is what I was told, yes.
My friend said he watched a few people go up to him and shake his hand, although he wasn't chatting with anyone or signing stuff. I guess it could have been a look alike.(?)
I don't have any pictures. Feel free to disregard this if you want to.

Considering he just cancelled a tour, yes. He could be very ill and a fan would be concerned.
Well, I buy his records.
I make him rich. That's fan enough no?
And no, I'm not concerned in the slightest for his health.
I have far too many responsibilities in my own lift to be 'Concerned' about a pop star.
That you are is your business and that's fine (and if you are 13 it's easy to feel that way).
I just find it very strange and childish.

That is what I was told, yes.
My friend said he watched a few people go up to him and shake his hand, although he wasn't chatting with anyone or signing stuff. I guess it could have been a look alike.(?)
I don't have any pictures. Feel free to disregard this if you want to.

Last night Cliff Richard announced on stage that Morrissey is still in the hospital, so your friend must have been mistaken.

Ok, so now I am back home from a very pointless trip to Pennsylvania to see a concert that never happened. It was so depressing in Reading that you would think "Everyday is Like Sunday' was based on that town and not Manchester, minus the part about being a sea side town. I saw the amish folk, and that was pretty dull too. Sad how they turned themselves into a tourist attraction, while at the same time masquerading as devout religious plain folk. I thought there might be a chance there could be something else to do there, but really it's just sooo depressing there. The misery of the place could only be offset by hard drugs so maybe you could hallucinate your way out, but that's not my thing, so I physically got out of there pretty quick. Thank you rental car, thank you road.

Well, I buy his records.
I have far too many responsibilities in my own lift to be 'Concerned' about a pop star.
That you are is your business and that's fine (and if you are 13 it's easy to feel that way).

He is loved , unlike you. You spew nonsense all the time and are very rude. We are concerned because he is one in a billion and very much loved. YOU ARE A DIME A DOZEN.

Well, I buy his records.

Your post seems strange, childish and very 13 year old-ish.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom