Morrissey supported by Noel G, Boy G, Luke H etc.

Try to redress the balance a bit...

Luke Haines:
“They’ll miss him when he’s gone.”
“he’s a pop star... he’s allowed to have opposing views... just don’t take him seriously”

Noel Gallagher interview: “I love him. He’s a saint to me.”

Noel Gallagher Has A New Album So We Talked To Him About Taylor Swift, Morrissey, And His Latest Beef With Liam - Stereogum

Boy George:

Posted by Maurice E Maher:

Don't recall Noel G ever singling out Morrissey songs before. Thought he was mainly just a Smiths fan who was also a bit matey with Morrissey. He's one of the most successful British songwriters of the last 40 years so it's interesting to hear his take on the new stuff:

"There’s a track on his album called “All The Young People Must Fall In Love.” It’s great. He can do no wrong in my eyes. His stuff ebbs and flows. For every “Irish Blood, English Heart,” there’s something where you’re going “Hmm, don’t know about that.” But you hear “Spent The Day In Bed” and it’s just wow. I love him. He’s a saint to me."

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s taking the piss out of you, you bogan muppet. Remember, the time you got hard while making mock single covers and then went flaccid when you saw someone hadn’t put a fake barcode on theirs...
Oh yeah I remember now you simple c*** :)

I always love the "His opinions don't matter. He's a just a rich pop star," replies.

By the same standard, neither do their opinions matter. Uneducated people's opinions don't matter. Nobody's opinions matter, so why even have them?

I find it humorous when artists, and comedians freak out when statements meant to be provocative face criticism. It's the response that they wanted. Why be controversial if you're not upsetting others? It used to be that controversial people would embrace the backlash because they weren't interested in mainstream appraisal. It's the basis of whole punk ethic. Now, when an artist receives condemnation, they open a go-fund me account, and act as if they're being detained by an S.S. soldier.

No one is stopping anyone's free speech. But, you should be aware that your comments are much more up for grabs than in previous decades. It's not that being controversial didn't result in ruined careers in the past, it's that bad news could die an early death, and the media would move on to the next subject. It was out of people's minds.

The irony is, it's the fact that the mainstream media is no longer the only media that matters that has made these controversies that much more painful and visible.

The mainstream media moves on after a certain period of time. Social media lasts forever, and at any moment, a previous controversy could be brought back to life by one person.

So, for those of you fake rebels who despise the so-called "mainstream media," well, you've dug your own graves. You wanted a free-for-all, and no Sheriff. You got it. You're now stripped naked, and standing before the callous general public.

It's only going to get worse. The number of lives ruined by social media is going to continue to mount. There are young adults whose futures are already ruined, and they don't even know it. No institution can stop it.

Twitter alone is a grave yard of naive people, who thought no one was listening. Social Darwinism is cruel, but necessary, and some people should know better.

Life has always been Willy Wonka, and the Chocolate Factory.

I always love the "His opinions don't matter. He's a just a rich pop star," replies.

By the same standard, neither do their opinions matter. Uneducated people's opinions don't matter. Nobody's opinions matter, so why even have them?

I find it humorous when artists, and comedians freak out when statements meant to be provocative face criticism. It's the response that they wanted. Why be controversial if you're not upsetting others? It used to be that controversial people would embrace the backlash because they weren't interested in mainstream appraisal. It's the basis of whole punk ethic. Now, when an artist receives condemnation, they open a go-fund me account, and act as if they're being detained by an S.S. soldier.

No one is stopping anyone's free speech. But, you should be aware that your comments are much more up for grabs than in previous decades. It's not that being controversial didn't result in ruined careers in the past, it's that bad news could die an early death, and the media would move on to the next subject. It was out of people's minds.

The irony is, it's the fact that the mainstream media is no longer the only media that matters that has made these controversies that much more painful and visible.

The mainstream media moves on after a certain period of time. Social media lasts forever, and at any moment, a previous controversy could be brought back to life by one person.

So, for those of you fake rebels who despise the so-called "mainstream media," well, you've dug your own graves. You wanted a free-for-all, and no Sheriff. You got it. You're now stripped naked, and standing before the callous general public.

It's only going to get worse. The number of lives ruined by social media is going to continue to mount. There are young adults whose futures are already ruined, and they don't even know it. No institution can stop it.

Twitter alone is a grave yard of naive people, who thought no one was listening. Social Darwinism is cruel, but necessary, and some people should know better.

Life has always been Willy Wonka, and the Chocolate Factory.

Happened just today - the young lad on i'm a celebrity has just been called out for some unsavoury tweets he made in 2012.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4949732/racist-slur-jack-maynard-im-a-celebrity-2017/

Don't recall Noel G ever singling out Morrissey songs before. Thought he was mainly just a Smiths fan who was also a bit matey with Morrissey. He's one of the most successful British songwriters of the last 40 years so it's interesting to hear his take on the new stuff:

I recall during the 90's in interviews Noel mentioned his appreciation of Morrissey's lyrics. I always assumed, of course, he meant Smiths but also his solo songs as well. He also gave props to Brett Anderson of Suede.

Sadly, for many (including celebrities), the music is irrelevant. People want to demonize or canonize Morrissey, and to demonize his supporters and canonize his detractors (or vice versa, depending on the poster). It's very interesting.

You're gonna knock Haines? That's a joke. He's easily your country's greatest living songwriter.

And at this point in the game it's kind of moot to say somebody's opinion doesn't matter. The internet is replete with opinions. Do any of them matter? If so which ones? Do none of them matter? Do they all matter? Does yours matter? You seem to spout it loudly and often enough, in all its dimwitted leftist glory.

If Haines' take on this doesn't make a difference, then why offer yours? Alternately if yours is so bleedlingly necessary to type out, then surely his is as well and should be considered.

And Morrissey didn't say "f*** immigrants" and he also didn't say "victims of sexual assault are liars."

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear because you follow a dogmatic liberal script that is about as allowing of nuances and grey areas as a Baptist revivalist preacher's sermon on Sunday morning. You cannot understand anything that is not black and white.

You are not an intelligent person.
Luck Haines is a an indie twat , ugly as shit and deeply boring . AS for Boy George , he goes anywhere the money is. He was defending Trump at one point

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom