Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Mentioned on NME.

Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Excerpt:

T-shirt promotes singer's new album 'Low In High School'

Morrissey takes a swipe at police brutality with a new politically-charged t-shirt bearing the title of a song from his new album.

40757_Morrissey-police-brutality-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from what I've seen on the news concerning police brutality...if you live in certain area's of cities in the US, the police shoots and not on the knees,during the demonstrations the police also showed they like a good beating,and yes there were afro - american or hispanics,etc. who were there just to make trouble,but the damage was done,killing a young boy,etc.

but it's simple, buy it or not, I feel a bit old,going all Morrissey style the last 10 years at least, but the T shirt
I gonna buy, as the album.

I reckon the word down at the Marquis is that he wanted Body Count to open up for him at the hometown LA gigs in November instead of William Michael Albert Broad. I reckon Ice Cube and Snoopy Dog must be influencing him a lot at the Dodger games. Their season tickets are right next to each other.

so just because he's a bit socially removed from this issue that means he's not allowed to have an opinion on it or be moved by the plight of people who have suffered police brutality? so all rich and famous people shouldnt bother speaking out about police brutality or try to show support to that who have suffered from it? would it be better if he was okay with it? :confused:

The point is that he is okay with it. He just wants to say that he isn't, and (more importantly) have other people see that he's saying he isn't okay with it. You don't actually believe that he cares about this stuff, do you??

When he files an official complaint and produces evidence to support his allegations, I'll look at it and proceed from there. Until and unless that happens, I maintain that his "reports" are bullshit. The burden of proof's on him.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if I hadn't matured and evolved as a person in the course of 27 years.

I'm not "hating", I'm criticising. It's an end in itself.
Enjoyed this. You seem intelligent . I wouldn't waste your time with Ketamine Sun. He is a simpleton . He has no clue behind whats really real. It's blind fan worship for him.

nice grainy photo they used on that Tshirt........ I will keep buying my moz and smiths tshirts from bootlegers who care about their craft

so just because he's a bit socially removed from this issue that means he's not allowed to have an opinion on it or be moved by the plight of people who have suffered police brutality? so all rich and famous people shouldnt bother speaking out about police brutality or try to show support to that who have suffered from it? would it be better if he was okay with it? :confused:

'so just because he's a bit socially removed from this issue that means he's not allowed to have an opinion on it or be moved by the plight of people who have suffered police brutality? so all rich and famous people shouldnt bother speaking out about police brutality or try to show support to that who have suffered from it? would it be better if he was okay with it? :confused:'

:rock::thumb: insightful ten fold.

No protection needed here. I am one of the lucky few that, after respectfully complying with the officer's requests, gets to go home unharmed.

New Morrissey shirt just uploaded to mporium! I wonder if this could hint at a future B-side?

27xno6g.jpg

'Who will protect us from idiots speeding the wrong way down a one way street'?

If it's not the police, you mean? :rolleyes:
Then nobody won't, I guess.
It's a jungle out there.
Better stay in bed. :)

No protection needed here. I am one of the lucky few that, after respectfully complying with the officer's requests, gets to go home unharmed.

lucky few ? there are a lot of people who are white.

Morrissey isn't. He's black on the inside, just like James Baldwin. That's why the cops keep harassing him.

Thing is, people who were in punk bands, writing about, and objecting to, police officers' conduct were actually quite likely to find themselves in trouble with the police - unlike multi-millionaire Morrissey. Neither is he likely to find himself on the receiving-end of a police baton nor to have any other legitimate personal gripe against the police.

He wants his fans to think him "edgy", but, in fact, he's just a cock.

so you have to be on the receiving end of injustice or brutality to comment or speak out against it? That's ludicrous. Really, what exactly are you complaining about here. he's saying police brutality is bad. How is that a bad statement? Are you for police brutality?

What he's doing is not an act of solidarity, and it doesn't illuminate anything for anybody. It's shameless exploitation of social problems to further his own brand. In 2017, he's no longer a well-rounded (albeit massively f***ed up) human being making an artistic record of himself; he's a hollowed-out shell of a person, a brand to be marketed to impressionable young people and to older people who should know a lot better.

And how on earth would you know this? I'd say that somebody that logs on hourly to a site dedicated to an artist they clearly hate is "no longer a well-rounded (albeit massively f***ed up) human being." You really need to get on with your life and find something constructive instead of being the ultimate troll.

And how on earth would you know this? I'd say that somebody that logs on hourly to a site dedicated to an artist they clearly hate is "no longer a well-rounded (albeit massively f***ed up) human being." You really need to get on with your life and find something constructive instead of being the ultimate troll.

He gets even sillier as he starts talking about revolutions next

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom