Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Mentioned on NME.

Morrissey takes aim at police brutality with politically-charged new t-shirt - NME

Excerpt:

T-shirt promotes singer's new album 'Low In High School'

Morrissey takes a swipe at police brutality with a new politically-charged t-shirt bearing the title of a song from his new album.

40757_Morrissey-police-brutality-t-shirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a jungle out there.
Better stay in bed. :)

fine if you think my above post was 'funny' but I meant no humor in it.

It's sad but we must be obedient at all costs or you may lose your life no matter who you are or what age you are. It happens everyday, and you don't know if it's going to be a good cop or a bad cop, it's like playing Russian roulette. One just has to be obedient and pray they get a good cop. Police need to be trained to treat people like human beings and not abuse or shoot first and ask questions later.

AXE THE POLICE !!!

I mean the bad ones, but how do you root those out ?

Last edited:

It's sad but we must be obedient at all costs or you may lose your life no matter who you are or what age you are. It happens everyday, and you don't know if it's going to be a good cop or a bad cop, it's like playing Russian roulette. One just has to be obedient and pray they get a good cop. Police need to be trained to treat people like human beings and not abuse or shoot first and ask questions later.

AXE THE POLICE !!!

Sorry Ketamine, I thought it funny you pointed at the civilry being mistaken by obedience. Obedience being promoted by the allmighty and never questioned authorities such as the police, as being civilry. Funny and insightful cause you are right of course IMHO.

The obedience is there too because people are afraid to get into trouble with the police. Also very civilized people who don't want to harm anyone. Why is that? Why are they afraid? Because they know the police have the power to use violence against them without any reason at all and not have to take responsibility for it.
They are protected by higher authorities and they know it and the public knows it.

In my personal experience with the police I found out they don't like it when your attitude is free, without any worries, respectful but asking questions they are not able to respond to or don't want to respond to as they consider it as attacking their authority. You just have to obey and do what they say. If you know your rights as a civilian and the law, your do's and don'ts they get angry.

I had some hilarious experiences, I could write a book about them, but too lazy. Note: I must say I have never been mishandled by them, using violence against me.

I totally agree with you about the rest of your post so I hope you understand now why I rated it as funny.
I just don't get along very well with so-called authorities telling me what to do and what not.
I won't say it openly but the first thing I think when I encounter it is: who the f*** are you then telling me what to do.
I can't help it.

i saw this video online recently. the womans reaction may seem a bit overdramatic, but i dont think it is really. in her situation not only would i be outraged but i would also be terrified, because these days you just dont know how encounters with cops are going to end. you can do everything right and still be the victim of police brutality.

i saw this video online recently. the womans reaction may seem a bit overdramatic, but i dont think it is really. in her situation not only would i be outraged but i would also be terrified, because these days you just dont know how encounters with cops are going to end. you can do everything right and still be the victim of police brutality.

I don't think it's overly dramatic

AXE THE POLICE !!!

Integrity check

It’s annoying when an old rich white man talks about police brutality. Morrissey has never been beaten, harassed, shot at etc by police. Quit this bullshit and focus on using talent to sell music not fake outrage

This isn't an excuse, ON THE CONTRARY. Our societies are full of bullies, so police is full of bullies too, and even more. That's why we must take exra care to look after ourselves when we face police members. Don't be a hero in the moment you are being mistreated, but ALWAYS report the deeds when you are safe and out of their reach. You could save many lifes if you can help to spot or cut the career of psychopaths in police forces. It's easier to shut your mouth, but do consider psychos thrive thanks to the silence of their victims. This could be the most heroic act of your whole life, a true act of charity. Spot a bad cop, save an innocent life.

Last edited:
New Morrissey shirt just uploaded to mporium! I wonder if this could hint at a future B-side?

27xno6g.jpg
Is this a call back to his comment during a live show when he said "I'd like to thank you from the heart of my bottom"?

It’s annoying when an old rich white man talks about police brutality. Morrissey has never been beaten, harassed, shot at etc by police. Quit this bullshit and focus on using talent to sell music not fake outrage
not at all. When poor blacks talk about nobody listens. It's only when old rich white men bring this shit to light that stuff gets done. I'll ask again. How is Moz complaining about this a bad thing? Are you for police brutality?

not at all. When poor blacks talk about nobody listens. It's only when old rich white men bring this shit to light that stuff gets done. I'll ask again. How is Moz complaining about this a bad thing? Are you for police brutality?

Very true. It's not like victims of police brutality are just trying to reach other victims or potential victims. The idea is that you want people who arent likely to be victims to hear and care about the issue as well. The truth is that morrissey could have made money off of any shirt probably more with just a pic of himself from some rare picture only he posses but he chose a pic and message that'll probably make less money than self portrait example. Also just for clarification almost everyone can be a victim. That nurse above was not black nor poor and was improperaly arrested and manhandled on camera and in front of a lot of people in a hospital

Very true. It's not like victims of police brutality are just trying to reach other victims or potential victims. The idea is that you want people who arent likely to be victims to hear and care about the issue as well. The truth is that morrissey could have made money off of any shirt probably more with just a pic of himself from some rare picture only he posses but he chose a pic and message that'll probably make less money than self portrait example. Also just for clarification almost everyone can be a victim. That nurse above was not black nor poor and was improperaly arrested and manhandled on camera and in front of a lot of people in a hospital

So true.

Okay maybe Morrissey has never been beaten or shot by police, and maybe his incident in Rome was his own fault. I think most of us would not consider being asked for identification to be a big deal.
But you seem to be saying that unless the police are beating an individual that individual has no right to express an opinion. I am not really sure what I think of this t-shirt, and I do wonder if he donates any money to help stop police brutality, maybe helping victims get lawyers. Maybe it is just a topic he has decided to try to exploit, but he has been harassed for stating his opinions, stopped at the airport for things he said about George Bush, and really people have the choice to buy this or not.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom