Morrissey: "The Forefather of Emo"

i dunno. same reason why people knock on wood. or maybe i just wanted an excuse to touch Buzzetta's bald little head.

For the record everyone I shave my head and that is all she is talking about.

Yes, Smiths once supported Sisters of Mercy, but it's silly and lazy to associate with them goth/Emo.

Morrissey is a big influence on 'emo' (as it is today, I don't mean the original 'emotional hardcore' or whatever).

If you listen to My Chemical Romance's 'Black Parade' album, you will hear a lot of Moz influence on there. Forget about the fashion and the gloomy stereotypes, if you listen to the music with an open mind you'll find a lot that's close to Moz.

Morrissey is a big influence on 'emo' (as it is today, I don't mean the original 'emotional hardcore' or whatever).

If you listen to My Chemical Romance's 'Black Parade' album, you will hear a lot of Moz influence on there. Forget about the fashion and the gloomy stereotypes, if you listen to the music with an open mind you'll find a lot that's close to Moz.

EMO today is the offspring of emotional hardcore, theres' still a very direct correlation despite the fact most of the adherents aren't intelligent enough to know this. As for My Chemical Romance being similar to Moz,..surely you have a gas leak or something. My Chemical Romance are reductive, commercialized, intellectually shallow crap, comparing them to Morrissey can only be an insult. Also, I'd say referring to that noise as "music' is a bit of a stretch.

Whatever. All of you and the people bickering on the meat is murder thread seriously need to take a study break with Fallout Boy.

Sisters of Mercy were cool as hell, not whiny little c***s like the Emotards.

Let me come out of the closet and admit that "First and Last and Always" is my favorite album. Right time, right place.

It's amazing to me that The Smiths and The Sisters of Mercy played the same show, and people actually walked away at the end of the evening. I think I would have died, and gone straight to heaven.

Long live Emo. HE's a genius.

I hate the word emo. All music is emotional, even the shittiest kind.

ha,thats got to be a joke "God only knows what he used to keep his hair in place. I have my ideas but they are too disgusting to mention":rolleyes:.
Are new found glory still a band i remember that video they used to play on kerrang tv was quite good

i've never thought of morrissey hair as emo hair. ever.
785793288_m.gif

Back
Top Bottom