Morrissey - "This story is old, I know, but it goes on..." - TTY

I think we all knew it was coming.

Killing animals one day and then speaking about protection for wildlife the next day is so awful. These "boys" are the exact opposite of protection! They are murderers of animal kind. Murder for "fun". Disgusting!

Last edited by a moderator:
as obvious as snow

Just record the album Morrissey , maybe instead you've coud've written a song

' and they say he's mentall' ... horrible hunters....

Surely he can do both (and more).

I actually have a feeling the new album will contain a powerful Meat is Murder-type track on it that's sure to stir up controversy.

as obvious as snow

Just record the album Morrissey , maybe instead you've coud've written a song

' and they say he's mentall' ... horrible hunters....

The nub of this is once more down to Morrissey and PETA's (People for the Euthanasia of Troublesome Animals) mutable viewpoint of whether you see a mouse as important a creature as your local heart surgeon. Many do not. Like it or not there is a difference between shooting one of many, many wild boar in a managed area, and one of just three thousand tigers. I don't expect people such as Morrissey to understand such things. So perverse is his world view he would not be sure whether to rescue a toddler or a daddy long-legs from a burning house.

There's no doubt this hunting expedition was poorly timed, but it seems to me the simple fact wild boar (and deer) are not endangered species...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/19/france-wild-boar-numbers-rise

... while African elephants and tigers are both on the brink has some bearing on this.

In this instance the Royal Family are lending their support to a campaign to reduce the extermination of endangered species:

"Prince Charles, president of the wildlife charity WWF UK, starts the message with a warning that the trade has reached "unprecedented levels of killing and related violence" and poses a threat not only to endangered animals but to economic and political stability around the globe.

He says: "More than 30,000 elephants were killed last year, amounting to nearly 100 deaths per day. In the past 10 years, 62% of African forest elephants have been lost. If this rate continues, the forest elephant will be extinct within 10 years. A rhinoceros is killed every 11 hours. As recently as 100 years ago, there were as many as 100,000 wild tigers living in Asia. Today, there are believed to be fewer than 3,200 left in the wild."

The duke [William], who is royal patron of the wildlife conservation charity Tusk Trust, says he wants future generations, including his son, George, to be able to appreciate protected wildlife. "This year, I have become even more devoted to protecting the resources of the Earth for not only my own son but also the other children of his generation to enjoy," he says."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/feb/09/prince-william-hunting-wildlife-appeal

As usual Morrissey's desire to attack the Royals trumps all other considerations, including the parlous situation faced by certain increasingly rare creatures in Africa and Asia. Where is Morrissey's condemnation of these crimes?

Morrissey is far, far more concerned with his ongoing battle against the evil British: a battle he cannot win. If you remember his loathing of Britain moved into top gear in 1996/7 when a High Court Judge had the temerity to refuse to do exactly as Morrissey wanted, based, apparently controversially, solely on the evidence.

There are some Royals Morrissey seemingly has no issue with whatsoever, regardless of their actions...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18942736

Perhaps if he'd taken up the cudgels against Juan Carlos too, I'd be less likely to question his true motives.

I'll also take him far more seriously when he aims that blabbering blunderbuss of a mouth at the poachers of Africa and Asia. I think we'll be waiting a long time before that happens. I'm sure when the final tiger falls dead in Morrissey's eyes that too will be down to the failure of the Royal family to prevent it, rather than those responsible.

Last edited:

Killing animals one day and then speaking about protection for wildlife the next day is so awful. These "boys" are the exact opposite of protection! They are murderers of animal kind. Murder for "fun". Disgusting!
Well said Davie!

From the same folks who celebrate the birth of Christ by going out on a fox hunt. I'm glad I'm not required to bow down to these people.

And why do people get in a tizzy over Morrissey's puns?

I think because - especially when they are as naff as this - they run the risk of undermining what was a serious statement/argument, at the expense of some petty name-calling. It makes him look like a silly child, rather than someone with something serious to say.

He did, you bozo. He held a press conference covered in the media some years ago taking direct aim at elephant poachers in Thailand.

Tiresome blather edited...

I'll also take him far more seriously when he aims that blabbering blunderbuss of a mouth at the poachers of Africa and Asia. I think we'll be waiting a long time before that happens. I'm sure when the final tiger falls dead in Morrissey's eyes that too will be down to the failure of the Royal family to prevent it, rather than those responsible.

He did, you bozo. He held a press conference covered in the media some years ago taking direct aim at elephant poachers in Thailand.

I didn't know this.

Why must he always undermine the acuity of these statements by peppering them with inane pun names?

British establishment, British Boil Family, British taxpayer, British press ? Sounds to me that Tossirrey has a problem with all things British ?
I suggest he treats us like Canada and never tours here again then if he hates and loathes us so much.

" The British Boil Family never fails to be a colossal embarrassment to the United Kingdom " They don't embarrass me one jot in fact if I had my way I would replace the Royal Yacht Britannia so the could sale all around the world sealing lucrative business deals for British companies.

He just couldn't wait to send this message out, getting his knickers in a twist again playing the role of Doctor Dolittle.
The message is pretty simple really, stop killing animals that are endangered. Shoot it your gonna lose it forever.

On the other hand though wild boar, pigs, sheep, deer, cows, chickens, rabbits, horses, fish are all fair game and are good for us in a controlled and balanced diet, don't get confused though I'm not saying Maccy Ds or Kfc or Kebabs are good for you, what I am saying is meat (British of course)sourced well and treated well is nothing to be confused with shooting elephants, rhinos, tigers, lions which Tossirrey would like everyone to believe.

What a twisted bitter tosser he has turned out to be !

Yes you guessed it

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Re: Morrissey - "This story is old, I know, but it goes on..." - TTY

Good old funny Moz. The last line gave me the best laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

British establishment, British Boil Family, British taxpayer, British press ? Sounds to me that Tossirrey has a problem with all things British ?
I suggest he treats us like Canada and never tours here again then if he hates and loathes us so much.

" The British Boil Family never fails to be a colossal embarrassment to the United Kingdom " They don't embarrass me one jot in fact if I had my way I would replace the Royal Yacht Britannia so the could sale all around the world sealing lucrative business deals for British companies.

He just couldn't wait to send this message out, getting his knickers in a twist again playing the role of Doctor Dolittle.
The message is pretty simple really, stop killing animals that are endangered. Shoot it your gonna lose it forever.

On the other hand though wild boar, pigs, sheep, deer, cows, chickens, rabbits, horses, fish are all fair game and are good for us in a controlled and balanced diet, don't get confused though I'm not saying Maccy Ds or Kfc or Kebabs are good for you, what I am saying is meat (British of course)sourced well and treated well is nothing to be confused with shooting elephants, rhinos, tigers, lions which Tossirrey would like everyone to believe.

What a twisted bitter tosser he has turned out to be !

Yes you guessed it

Benny-the-British-Butcher

These messages aren't aimed at complete twats, that's why you don't get it, you twat.

What Moz mentioned about the privileged thinking the working class would be jealous of the British Boil Family reminded me of my theory of why Lourde's "Royals" became a "hit": I think the ruling elite wanted it to be a hit because it expresses naive jealousy of the Boils ("we don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams"), rather than condemning them for the hypocritical exploiters that they are. Thank Goddess we have the Mozza to condemn them good and proper. Go Moz. Keep punning and slaying! We need you!

BlueSkiesInTheDayTime

I bet some chaud French maid is fluffing more than his pillows. :cool:

"Monsieur Morresaaay, your bath ees redeeeeee."

"Thank you Brigette, all I need is the wifi password. Merci beaucoop deville."

He made Yahoo mainpage. :squiffy: And it wasn't "English singer Morrissey" he must be a household name here now?

12447773213_6e6ded2168_b.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom