Morrissey to open NON-COMMvention (public radio convention) in Philly on May 14, 2019

Hello,
*I didn’t see this info listed elsewhere, but please combine threads if I missed it.

On May 14, 2019 in Philadelphia, Morrissey is playing a showcase at Non-Comm, which is a convention for public radio folks- a 4-day gathering of public music radio programmers, radio talent, etc.
http://www.xpn.org/events/non-comm

Morrissey to Open NON-COMM 2019
admin | Jan 10, 2019 | Comments 0

The 2019 NON-COMMvention will kick off in a big way as Morrissey is slated to headline the opening night lineup…

By Paul Marszalek
TheTop22.com

The 2019 NON-COMMvention is proud to announce that Morrissey will headline the opening night of the conference, performing Tuesday, May 14

Moz will perform in support of his new album of cover songs, called “California Son.” The set will be released May 24th.

Morrissey is currently spinning at NON-COMM radio with his cover of The Pretenders’ Back on the Chain Gang. More covers are on the way from the likes of Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Carly Simon, and Roy Orbison.

Morrissey is the first of dozens of artists slated to showcase at the event. Much more to come.

http://www.thetop22.com/news/2019/01/morrissey-to-open-non-comm-2019/

Last edited by a moderator:
He has wined and he has dined,
with every bogus music mogul,
so what’s the point?

Non-commercial?
Non-conformist?
Non-communist?

So Morrissey's playing a gig in support of local radio? I fear he is turning into the Alan Partridge des nos jours.

No :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: scheduled at this very important and prestigious NON COMMvention.:clap:

when the Missus emailed his application they probably never heard of the Cometic one:censored:

This sounds like exactly the kind of show that Morrissey wouldn't enjoy (given that it won't be a hall full of adoring fans) but it does suggest that his management team are serious this year about getting radio traction for the covers album. (See also the Ken Bruce announcement.) It's good to see them giving it a shot!

There was a reason I didn't take this seriously back in January when it appeared online - I cannot, for the life of me, remember why though.
The good will out.
[mumbles incoherently]
Regards,
FWD.

What's the over/under on the number of times he complains about not being played on the radio? Gotta be 3.5.

People take public radio over here seriously. I sometimes don’t think those overseas understand American radio. He won’t be doing it to get AirPlay here. It doesn’t really matter here the way it does in the uk. Most public radio is full of talk radio and I’m guessing he’ll ha e a lot of fans there. That said if your trying to see him in philly and can’t merryweather is not that far away

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom