Morrissey to play in Berlin

there are wochenendtickets and ländertickets where one buys it and a group can travel on it and therefore sharing the costs with buyer but its on a weekday so...and ländertickets are good if you only travel through one bundesland..
im sure with a regular ticket there are group travel possibilies as well

i have told that before on here
but WILL-did you know that flensburg is a moz fan capital? when i lived there : one guy from saturn is,i chatted with him
then i saw another guy with a queen of dead shirt strolling along the FL harbour... and a rockabilly guy in his late 30ties early 40ties with a moz shirt shopping at aldi;) from the size of the city i find that quite amazing.
still havent seen any random hamburgers with a mozzer shirt;(
maybe some of them might drive with you there and its cheaper then? there is a free veranstaltungsheft where one can put down ads for free
,i cant remember the name of it- its quite a small size.
but you prob dont travel from flensburg on that particular day i guess?

Last edited:
Flensburg as a Moz fan capital?! Hahaha!
I don't know anyone there - just my teacher for latin, he asked me one day when I wore my Morrissey-shirt. He's pretty cool and said that his teenage "gang" listened to The Smiths a lot in the 80s. ;)

But anyway: I think there are nice and cheap possibilities to got to Berlin by train, for example the Länderticket, but I've got my bahncard and so I'll book a ticket via the general Sparpreis, because I can be sure to have my ticket that way and I don't have to search for other people. It will be pretty cheap with the bahncard if there are Sparpreis-tickets left.
And, yes, think I will go to Berlin for more days, not just for the 18th.

Hey peeps! Thanks to the fact that a friend of mine is a O2 customer I've already purchased my/our ticket/s! I'm very, very happy right now! It's gonna be my first Moz concert! I really can't wait for the 18th of July! :D

i wonder if thats seated? anyone lucky enough to have an O2 cell phone please report.

By the way: Here it's said that the tickets will cost 50€ -> http://www.trinitymusic.de/product_info.php/info/p3450_Morrissey.html

Just one ticket category, so it will definitely be just standing.

Yep! Standing-room-only tickets for 52 €!

Aaaaahhhhh, just read the good news. Now I´m waiting for my sister to call back if she and her boyfriend are available that monday. If I have to go on my own maybe I can take 2 or three passengers with me in my (t)rusty old car.

Hmm, I think I'll don't take the train anymore - all the most cheap Sparpreis-tickets aren't available anymore.
So I'll go by car to Berlin.
Would be great to drive with some other guys from Hamburg.

But: Actually I would like to go to Berlin on sunday. Otherwise I would like to go to Berlin very early on monday.

wouldnt the eindhoven gig be closer to your home?

Yes, it would (it is). And I'll try to get one for Eindhoven too - sale starts tomorrow at 10AM according to info from Soulwax in the Eindhoven thread. Location looks quite nice there.
Was so glad to notice the Copenhagen and Helsingborg dates a few weeks ago (wanted to go there for 100%) and then realized that I'm on a vocational training that week which was impossible to cancel. So this new additional dates save - ähhm, not my life but - at least they save this year for me ;)
And I'm buying those tickets now without knowing if I'll get vacation days from job or not (as I'm on vacation at the moment). Eindhoven on a friday will work anyway, but Berlin might get problematic. Let's see...

for those overseas: koka 36 is cheaper than eventim -also morrissey tickets appear at koka with the "to come soon"
18.07.2011 MO 19.00 Uhr -- € VVK-Start 28.05.2011

and i remember vaguely someone from solo from overseas did buy there in the past
..if they do box office collection or sending out i dont know
they dont have a english version but its easy to understand.
http://www.koka36.de/search.php
you can also call them 0049 30 61 10 13 13
9.00 german time is 8.am in Uk
elsewhere look here when you time zone is:
http://www.weltzeit.de/zeitzonenkarte.php

then eventim
http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?language=en
who have an english version but are more expensive and moz hasnt appeared there yet
buy online or call.0049 1805-570070 but the eventim number is a service number which is more
expensive then the regional berlin number 030
there are more small regional concert offices but these are those i remember
on ticketmaster.de :berlin hasnt appeared yet but you can buy eindhoven from there...
well i try my luck with buying tomorrow. at my Konzertkasse here vor Ort.
but surely it will work out. im still surprised than aarhus sold out in 3 hours but then again its onyl 700 capitavy. but copenhsagen did sold in ina few days as well.
i wished mozzer had put out the info about the german date on the same day as the danish dates,,as much as i always wanted to visit copenhagen for a holiday. i could have visit it later as well.and would have not gone to the danish dates-. but i was so sure no more german dates will be added- so i booked the train immediately 2 weeks ago .well.and now the berlin date.2-3 hours away with just the price of a ticket and 14-20 euro travel cost..i couldnt say no.
but luckily german dates are selling out slower when it comes to moz but they do sell out....
Also there have always been a lot of food outlets on the site. Hope they are aware that Moz doesn't like to smell certain food....
hehe i remember the hamburg 2006 and he was playing an arena-were there were notes hangin that no meat was served on that day

Last edited:
I've bought a ticket once through Koka 36 and it was possible to collect the ticket at their office in Kreuzberg in Berlin.

I'm surprised that Århus didn't sell out faster. Maybe I'm just constantly overestimating Morrissey's popularity?

for those overseas: koka 36 is cheaper than eventim -also morrissey tickets appear at koka with the "to come soon"
18.07.2011 MO 19.00 Uhr -- € VVK-Start 28.05.2011
and i remember vaguely someone from solo from overseas did buy there in the past
..if they do box office collection or sending out i dont know
they dont have a english version but its easy to understand.
http://www.koka36.de/search.php
you can also call them 0049 30 61 10 13 13
9.00 german time is 8.am in Uk
elsewhere look here when you time zone is:
http://www.weltzeit.de/zeitzonenkarte.php

then eventim
http://www.eventim.de/tickets.html?language=en
who have an english version but are more expensive and moz hasnt appeared there yet
buy online or call.0049 1805-570070 but the eventim number is a service number which is more
expensive then the regional berlin number 030
there are more small regional concert offices but these are those i remember
on ticketmaster.de :berlin hasnt appeared yet but you can buy eindhoven from there...
here is another site also with english version and they also have the prices there
its from the agency directly and it also appears with the prices
http://www.trinitymusic.de/product_info.php/language/en/info/p3450_Morrissey.html
nice to see radio eins is presenting it..they recorded the 2006 gig i hope they do that this time again too. radio eins is a very cool channel where they pay lots of indie stuff daytime. i heard last night i dreamt that somebody loved me there for example(when i had satelite tv/radio) on a christmas day(time).top-recommended.surely they have online streams as well,

http://citadel-music-festival.de/events/morrissey
they say doors open at 17.30 uhr (5.30 pm)

Last edited:
hehe i remember the hamburg 2006 and he was playing an arena-were there were notes hangin that no meat was served on that day

Do you also remember Hamburg Nov 2009 in the CCH where there was something like a traditional pre-christmas goose eating in one of the other halls inside CCH at the same time? Don't know if he was aware about it - but might have been one of the reasons (except the words that guy shouted to him) why he got so angry later and kicked out a fan after 4 songs...

yes i do remember Hamburg goose indeed terryyak;)
i bought from trinity online in the end as the concert box office in my district who normally sell tickets for every german city., do not sell for this one..
as trintiy dont work with them...
55 euro:includes sending out and booking fee.

For those of you who can't wait:

June 18th 2011, 20h
RANK - a tribute to The Smiths.
The best Smiths-tribute band on the continent plays at

Schacht 1
Essener Str. 259
Oberhausen (Germany)

this is the perfect warm-up for Morrissey`s European Tour!

Be there and check it out!

www.rank-smiths.de
www.schacht1.com

Re: For those of you who can't wait:

June 18th 2011, 20h
RANK - a tribute to The Smiths.
The best Smiths-tribute band on the continent plays at

Schacht 1
Essener Str. 259
Oberhausen (Germany)

this is the perfect warm-up for Morrissey`s European Tour!

Be there and check it out!

www.rank-smiths.de
www.schacht1.com

Very nice! I didn`t saw any Smiths-Tribute-Band in Germany and so I think I will be there. It`s not so far from me. And always watching the Smiths-Rockpalast-DVD on my TV isn`t so funny, live is better :)

I bought tickets for the two Moz-gigs in Berlin and in Eindhoven, I`m very happy to see him again. Berlin is Open-Air, so I hope the weather will be so fine as today :)

See you there ...

Back
Top Bottom