Morrissey to respond on Tuesday to Comments

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
A lot of people saying he is letting Merck do his dirty work. I for one am delighted Moz is going to make a statement himself on this subject once and for all

cossy

Tuuuuuuesday,
Aaaaaaaaafternoon.....

finally ,go moz kick tim jonze ass!!

ooh, any bets on if this direct-from-moz statement gets released straight to solo in the same way the recent ones from merck have?

if so, you think it will read at the top (from davidt) "Morrissey writes:"?? :D:p

ooh, any bets on if this direct-from-moz statement gets released straight to solo in the same way the recent ones from merck have?

if so, you think it will read at the top (from davidt) "Morrissey writes:"?? :D:p

It will deffo go on True to you IMO which is a pity

cossy

A lot of people saying he is letting Merck do his dirty work. I for one am delighted Moz is going to make a statement himself on this subject once and for all

cossy

i dont think merck is doing his dirty work , he is doing what a manager should do and supporting his client ... morrissey has no need to comment , i think the court case will be amazing , i think its great seeing a manager supporting his client , well done merck

cossy

Well I will be interested to read that statement, however I do not agree with the idea that Merck is "doing his dirty work" Merck is his manager and I think he seems to be doing a pretty good job. I am glad we have had these updates, of course we are hearing what they want to put out but I think it makes a change from hearing very little or nothing. Keep up the good work Merck, and as ever Viva Morrissey.

I don't think Morrissey stands a chance in court so let's hope this statement goes some way to repair the damage. I only hope he doesn't write it all himself and allows someone with a bit more nous to advise him.

I don't think Morrissey stands a chance in court so let's hope this statement goes some way to repair the damage. I only hope he doesn't write it all himself and allows someone with a bit more nous to advise him.

Even although your previous post was 'Anyone with even a basic level of intelligence reading the article will be able to see straight through the NME. It is so clumsily written and Morrissey's comments are so mild that you couldn't possibly draw any other conclusion that they are trying to stitch him up.'?

You also posted recently that Linder made the point once that people always underestimate Morrissey. Don't you underestimate your Moz father.

Even although your previous post was 'Anyone with even a basic level of intelligence reading the article will be able to see straight through the NME. It is so clumsily written and Morrissey's comments are so mild that you couldn't possibly draw any other conclusion that they are trying to stitch him up.'?

You also posted recently that Linder made the point once that people always underestimate Morrissey. Don't you underestimate your Moz father.

They were trying to stitch him up. We all know that. But I think in a court it would be regarded as fair comment and the NME expressing an opinion. He did actually say those things and some people interpret words like that as racist. The only thing Morrissey might have a case on is the front page.

I'm not talking about my opinion, I'm talking about what a court would rule.

They were trying to stitch him up. We all know that. But I think in a court it would be regarded as fair comment and the NME expressing an opinion. He did actually say those things and some people interpret words like that as racist. The only thing Morrissey might have a case on is the front page.

I'm not talking about my opinion, I'm talking about what a court would rule.

In your opinion.

Well I will be interested to read that statement, however I do not agree with the idea that Merck is "doing his dirty work" Merck is his manager and I think he seems to be doing a pretty good job. I am glad we have had these updates, of course we are hearing what they want to put out but I think it makes a change from hearing very little or nothing. Keep up the good work Merck, and as ever Viva Morrissey.

Karin I said a lot of people are saying Merck is doing Moz's dirty work. I should clarify that is not MY opinion. I too think Merck is doing an excellent job in fact if Moz had a manager like him over the last 15 years his career could have been even more sucessful...I was merely expressing my delight that Morrissey was to comment on this subject at last and hopefully no ambiguity. Hopefully he will be upfront and pull no punches

cossy x

I dont need any "comments" from Morrissey to make up my mind on him. Been a fan since 88/89, I know who Moz is and thats good enough for me. The NME & Timmy can go f*** OFF!

I wouldn't rush to judge. If Merck has the original tapes and transcripts (which he has alluded to) and the story which appeared in the NME is markedly different, i.e. questions re-written, answers taken out of context, then I think Morrissey has every chance to win a libel suit.

I'm glad Morrissey is fighting back this time, not fleeing to Los Angeles.

Back
Top Bottom