Morrissey UK shows in March 2015; on sale Jan. 16

Concur

Took the plunge for pre sale seat tickets for Glasgow, went on TM on Friday and could have got standing or better seats all day so wished I'd not bothered.

Methinks Mozz has underestimated the financial impact of charging the thick end of £70 on demand for seats only a few weeks after Christmas.

I don't think the prices are set by Morrissey, its set by the agent with Morrissey getting a fixed fee

Concur

Took the plunge for pre sale seat tickets for Glasgow, went on TM on Friday and could have got standing or better seats all day so wished I'd not bothered.

Methinks Mozz has underestimated the financial impact of charging the thick end of £70 on demand for seats only a few weeks after Christmas.
I also got the presale tickets for glasgow(standing) I checked ticketmaster on fri morning at 11am and standing tickets were sold out

I don't think the prices are set by Morrissey, its set by the agent with Morrissey getting a fixed fee

Absolutely correct, Surface.

Unfortunately, a small uninformed contingent find it more convenient to regard Morrissey as responsible - and therefore culpable - for every single detail of his career.

Absolutely correct, Surface.

Unfortunately, a small uninformed contingent find it more convenient to regard Morrissey as responsible - and therefore culpable - for every single detail of his career.

Wasn't criticising the man himself per se, just stating that seat prices are bordering on the over priced hence it's doubtful many of these gigs will sell out. Hasn't stopped me making the plunge, seen him a dozen or so times already, looking forward to it.

well, obviously, is moz demanded a smaller guarantee, then tickets would be cheaper.
higher guarantee higher higher ticket prices.
moz gets a guarantee and a split after a certain percentage of tix are sold.

Wasn't criticising the man himself per se, just stating that seat prices are bordering on the over priced hence it's doubtful many of these gigs will sell out. Hasn't stopped me making the plunge, seen him a dozen or so times already, looking forward to it.

I agree the prices are excessive, however when I saw the venues I thought he is never going to sell all those out. reckon Bournmouth, Leeds and Glasgow may do but not the others.

I saw him in Birmingham NIA when he had PJ Harvey as support and the place was only a quarter full but the atmosphere was ok for such a soulless building.

Concur

Which pre-sale did you get seats from? I got some from both the SSE and Mporium pre-sales and both had better seats than TM ~ both were offering seats in the 2 Level 0 blocks.

Impressed with Mporium pre-sale all round really. They told you what seats they had available, got an e-mail over the weekend to confirm my seat allocation (which seems goood to me). Their seat allocations all seemed to be pretty premium, or as premium as you get in these Sheds. Astonishingly professional, given that it's Moz! Hopefully this will be a regular arrangement on future tours.

Yep, the prices were slightly higher (minus the apparel); so you sacrifice the inflated price of a couple of bevvies on the night. Big deal.
To me, it was worth it to avoid the possible hassle of the Friday on-sale.

I agree that I doubt if he's got a cat in hell's chance of selling these sheds out though; Morrissey's "Black Curtain" Spring 2015 Tour? ;)

Which pre-sale did you get seats from? I got some from both the SSE and Mporium pre-sales and both had better seats than TM ~ both were offering seats in the 2 Level 0 blocks.

Impressed with Mporium pre-sale all round really. They told you what seats they had available, got an e-mail over the weekend to confirm my seat allocation (which seems goood to me). Their seat allocations all seemed to be pretty premium, or as premium as you get in these Sheds. Astonishingly professional, given that it's Moz! Hopefully this will be a regular arrangement on future tours.

Yep, the prices were slightly higher (minus the apparel); so you sacrifice the inflated price of a couple of bevvies on the night. Big deal.
To me, it was worth it to avoid the possible hassle of the Friday on-sale.

I agree that I doubt if he's got a cat in hell's chance of selling these sheds out though; Morrissey's "Black Curtain" Spring 2015 Tour? ;)

I dwelt on it and bought mine on Saturday.

Standing tickets seem to have sold out, I haven't much hope for the £70 odd quid a ticket seats all going though. I'm sure the fan base is there, not so sure about the will to part with £150 quid for a couple of concert tickets.

Looks like Moz is trying to make up for lost bucks from those album sales by playing at these venues. It's a very un-Morrissey-like tour.

I dwelt on it and bought mine on Saturday.

Standing tickets seem to have sold out, I haven't much hope for the £70 odd quid a ticket seats all going though. I'm sure the fan base is there, not so sure about the will to part with £150 quid for a couple of concert tickets.

Looks like Moz is trying to make up for lost bucks from those album sales by playing at these venues. It's a very un-Morrissey-like tour.

I agree, it's a strange fit.

My supposition had been that something happened at those last 2 shed shows in Dublin & London; the reaction at both seemed to be very positive (amongst non-casual fans at least), as were the glowing reviews. (I couldn't attend either). And obviously Moz himself allocated them top billing in his little list.

So maybe he thought 'I can pull these kind of shows off'. We'll see.

But I can't imagine it's that simple; Moz decides he wants to try and play a bunch of Arenas so he announces a tour. Would not the promoter/agent have a say so?

In my experience, he's never seemed comfortable playing these shows, barring a handful of glowing exceptions (MEN 2004, Dublin Point 2004).

TM are all out of the BIC terrace seats this morning. And I notice that Mporium have removed the Ticket offer ~ all gone already?

My supposition had been that something happened at those last 2 shed shows in Dublin & London; the reaction at both seemed to be very positive (amongst non-casual fans at least), as were the glowing reviews. (I couldn't attend either). And obviously Moz himself allocated them top billing in his little list.

But I can't imagine it's that simple; Moz decides he wants to try and play a bunch of Arenas so he announces a tour. Would not the promoter/agent have a say so?

In my experience, he's never seemed comfortable playing these shows, barring a handful of glowing exceptions (MEN 2004, Dublin Point 2004).

TM are all out of the BIC terrace seats this morning. And I notice that Mporium have removed the Ticket offer ~ all gone already?

wasnt the o2 show also a pretty big success or is that the london show? the venue operator owner would also have a say as they try not to book things they cant make money off of and if they think he cant fill it they wouldnt let him play there. almost everything ive read in the past four years about making money from music says that almost all money made is to be made in touring or commercial endorsement (the last i cant see moz doing outside of the rare product he actually loves) so it makes sense to me. i think the demand is there and hell fill them just fine. well see though i hope people are happy for him if he does. tickets seemed to sell out very quickly. wonder how many people just downloaded world peace and if its much more popular than those sales records suggest.

As an aside, that Dublin Point concert was the best Morrissey one I've been to so I guess the big venues can work.

As an aside, that Dublin Point concert was the best Morrissey one I've been to so I guess the big venues can work.

I've seen him at a few arena shows (and Hyde Park) and Dublin 2014 was by far and away the best one out of that ilk... It sounded like the London O2 was similar in the appreciation stakes,

I did enjoy Birmingham 2004 too but that was probably cos you were getting PJ Harvey and Morrissey for the price of your ticket.

Worst one was definitely MEN 2012. He came on early as the audience were still filing in, complained a lot especially about the Olympics and Manchester played his shitty new songs and then left.

Alas would we have it any other way?

I missed Manchester 2012 as I was at a wedding that day. Tried to get out of it, gf wouldn't have it.

Looking at that setlist and the reviews, I think the free food and drink was a better idea. Cheers Steven!

i think the demand is there and he'll fill them just fine. well see though i hope people are happy for him if he does. tickets seemed to sell out very quickly. wonder how many people just downloaded world peace and if its much more popular than those sales records suggest.

There really is no chance he'll fill these venues. Last year his only GB date was one arena (O2) and he didn't even fill that (I know as i bought a ticket on the night).
He might get 3/4 full on the smaller ones (under 8,000 capacity) but the bigger ones may not even be half full. If Staircase was released, that would get him on the radio and make a pretty big difference, but won't obviously happen with the current record-company situation.

I presume standing tickets for all gigs will go no problem, but you're quite right on the seats.

There really is no chance he'll fill these venues. Last year his only GB date was one arena (O2) and he didn't even fill that (I know as i bought a ticket on the night).
He might get 3/4 full on the smaller ones (under 8,000 capacity) but the bigger ones may not even be half full. If Staircase was released, that would get him on the radio and make a pretty big difference, but won't obviously happen with the current record-company situation.

ITB clearly think differently (they booked the venues). They evidently think it's financially viable to play these venues and I think they have a little more experience in tour booking than the armchair critics and doom-mongers on here.

ITB clearly think differently (they booked the venues). They evidently think it's financially viable to play these venues and I think they have a little more experience in tour booking than the armchair critics and doom-mongers on here.

I'm not saying that the tour isn't viable - only that it won't get close to selling out.
It is very likely to be viable. With those high ticket prices, the venues will only need to be about 40% full to break even. But there really is no chance of most of them selling out.

Just where was the O2 not full, exactly? This is my shot from mid-show at the right front corner of the stage. I keep hearing "it wasn't full" but to my eye (and I was there) it was quite full.
O2Moz.jpg

Just where was the O2 not full, exactly? This is my shot from mid-show at the right front corner of the stage. I keep hearing "it wasn't full" but to my eye (and I was there) it was quite full.
View attachment 33670

It was pretty full but I turned up on the night at 8pm, and was given a good choice at the ticket office - there were probably a few hundred.
I think the capacity is 20,000 so with 19,000 in there, it would seem pretty full. The standing section sold out fairly quickly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom