Morrissey: VHS “tonight show edited segments” C97405 Warner Brothers REC-LIBRARY C974

FROSTY

any opinions on this ?

mozsnvhs.png

Re: MORRISSEY: VHS “tonight show edited segments” C97405 Warner Brothers REC-LIBRARY

I had this, but let someone borrow it and claims she gave it back to me but she never did.

It contains Morrissey's performance, and clips of Bill Cosby mentioning Morrissey. It also shows bits from the local news about the fans who had queued up.

Re: MORRISSEY: VHS “tonight show edited segments” C97405 Warner Brothers REC-LIBRARY

...this was given to me back in 1991. The days of gold lame' shirts. I was just curious if these were collectible in any way? ..ahhh Morrissey history

~Frost

Re: Morrissey: VHS “tonight show edited segments” C97405 Warner Brothers REC-LIBRARY

My opinion ~ Very Nice indeed!
Would there be any possible chance that you could convert the footage to a digital format and make it available for download? It's just that most of the versions of this show that I have seen are very poor quality, and I would assume that this would be pretty good quality. It's one of Morrissey's best ever TV appearances :)

Re: Morrissey: VHS “tonight show edited segments” C97405 Warner Brothers REC-LIBRARY

...sadly my VHS player has gone to the light... i have a number of VHS that need to be copied before decay.. sounds like it is time for a new VCR

~Frost

...sadly my VHS player has gone to the light... i have a number of VHS that need to be copied before decay.. sounds like it is time for a new VCR

~Frost
maybe an option is to go at a video store near you or to a regional tv station(you know these ones where people from the street made their own shows /show clips of their weddings or holidaytrips )where there should be a converter...dont know about the costs though

you may not need a vhs /dvd combined player i ve heard its also possible to convert vhs onto a computer but dont ask me how:p
i would be very interested too..i read transcripts - in a fanzine i think -of the cosby act milking the waiting morrissey fans..

That episode also was the first appearance of Dirtfoot.

I've had a few of these go through my hands and I found that the footage quality was not very good on all copies. First time around I thought someone had sold me a badly done copy, but other copies were the same.

Stephane

...hmm, I'll get it transferred or do it myself and get back to here on results

~Frost

Cheers Frosty! :thumb:

In the meantime I was just alerted to this version on YouTube (won't allow embedding) ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccXWkUQnDGU&feature=related
This is the cleanest version I've seen so far, which isn't saying much, but it looks lovely on my iPod :)

Cheers Frosty! :thumb:

In the meantime I was just alerted to this version on YouTube (won't allow embedding) ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccXWkUQnDGU&feature=related
This is the cleanest version I've seen so far, which isn't saying much, but it looks lovely on my iPod :)

Has anybody written to Warner Bros to ask for a digital copy? I had written to MTV last year to ask for a copy of a VH1 interview with The God Machine and they obliged.... perhaps Warner Bros are just as obliging??:confused:

Back
Top Bottom