Morrissey will play a special show at Santa Ana Observatory (California) on May 8th.

Re: Morrissey will play a special show at Santa Ana Observatory (California) on May 8th.

Stubhub has 158 tickets ranging from $178 to $1100. So if money is no object to people like those who go to every show...

That's gotta be more than 20% snatched up by scalps. It doesn't seem fair.

Re: Morrissey will play a special show at Santa Ana Observatory (California) on May 8th.

Stubhub has 158 tickets ranging from $178 to $1100. So if money is no object to people like those who go to every show...

That's gotta be more than 20% snatched up by scalps. It doesn't seem fair.

I may have posted that on FB earlier ;-)

I paid about $50 to see Cat Power there, $75 seems reasonable. I'll try to get one, I'll be DYING knowing he's playing one of my fave venues and I'm not there. Do you think I'd get ejected if I hopped on stage and punched KY in the face? :D Kidding, KIDDING! Jesus, I probably just made the banned list.

You have been on Security's watch list for years.

You have been on Security's watch list for years.

If so I hope they deny me entry before I turn my ticket in so I can sell it to a fan. :D

To f***ing true but hey that's the modern morrissey audience..American c***s.
He rep in the UK is shot pretty much.
It's only America and far shot out posts that really fall for his shit

That is a nasty, narrow-minded generalization. I don't think that I have been to one show where I didn't meet people who had traveled from other countries: England, Ireland, parts of South America; so to say that his fan base is now all American is inaccurate. Besides, if his admirers had been restricted to the UK, his career would have been less relevant. If you truly respect his work, why would you want to deny anyone the right to enjoy his music? If you don't admire him, why are you here, following his career? I don't understand this constant ridicule; shouldn't we be united as people who share an appreciation for the same musical artist? It's so easy to hate...

lynnda

To f***ing true but hey that's the modern morrissey audience..American c***s.
He rep in the UK is shot pretty much.
It's only America and far shot out posts that really fall for his shit

:clap: Spot on, very well put.

It is certainly true that his stock here in the UK is far, far from its peak. That is in part because we Brits don't really like being told by a cowed music media who our national treasures are, and the simple fact Morrissey no longer delivers where it matters: in the studio. If only.

He has instead preferred to slag off his country of birth at any port of call, to gain the column inches to in turn flog tickets. He's a modern day Lord Haw Haw, and there are times, at his most idiotic, when it is hard not to hope he shares the same fate. The visceral hatred he exhibits for this country needn't really be a problem if he was still capable of even a Suedehead or a First Of The Gang To Die, but there is little evidence that might be the case as I write this.

Morrissey today is not really that different to Paul McCartney or Elton John or U2. Every now and then he might release something interesting but his best is behind him. In his defence, how could it not be? He was in the Smiths.

Sadly, he has ultimately proved himself to be no different to other acts. It is an act. It has always been an act. It was never really what it might have sometimes seemed. The almost thirty years since the end of the Smiths has seen some beautiful moments, but to borrow further from the famous Rossini quote about Wagner, some bad quarter hours. The last really great batch of Morrissey songs I heard was Martin Rossiter's recent album. At the moment a weak impression of Morrissey is better than the real thing.

If Morrissey had fallen under a bus the day after Viva Hate was released he'd still be spoken of in hushed terms today. Instead in many quarters he's derided.

It is certainly true that his stock here in the UK is far, far from its peak. That is in part because we Brits don't really like being told by a cowed music media who our national treasures are, and the simple fact Morrissey no longer delivers where it matters: in the studio. If only.

He has instead preferred to slag off his country of birth at any port of call, to gain the column inches to in turn flog tickets. He's a modern day Lord Haw Haw, and there are times, at his most idiotic, when it is hard not to hope he shares the same fate. The visceral hatred he exhibits for this country needn't really be a problem if he was still capable of even a Suedehead or a First Of The Gang To Die, but there is little evidence that might be the case as I write this.

Morrissey today is not really that different to Paul McCartney or Elton John or U2. Every now and then he might release something interesting but his best is behind him. In his defence, how could it not be? He was in the Smiths.

Sadly, he has ultimately proved himself to be no different to other acts. It is an act. It has always been an act. It was never really what it might have sometimes seemed. The almost thirty years since the end of the Smiths has seen some beautiful moments, but to borrow further from the famous Rossini quote about Wagner, some bad quarter hours. The last really great batch of Morrissey songs I heard was Martin Rossiter's recent album. At the moment a weak impression of Morrissey is better than the real thing.

If Morrissey had fallen under a bus the day after Viva Hate was released he'd still be spoken of in hushed terms today. Instead in many quarters he's derided.

Your country is suffering the fate it deserves and if I had a big enough bulldozer I'd scrape it all into the sea and start over.

If Morrissey had fallen under a bus the day after Viva Hate was released he'd still be spoken of in hushed terms today. Instead in many quarters he's derided.[/QUOTE

"All me life Johnny"

Fantastic post as always.
It's been said before on here and it really is true, America ruined him full stop. He has tried to be clever by bridging generations of fans by abusing his 'chosen one' powers, but as he said himself "Time will prove everything".
That statement is the truest thing the man has ever uttered ! This man will NEVER again write a decent song that means anything to the working classes of Manchester, Dublin, Dundee or Humberside ! How can he ? Wearing a smoking jacket and his feet up in Beverly Hills with Russell Braindamage slagging off the Royal Family and the "Peckham's" ? It's a bit f***ing rich isn't it ?
So much up his own anus he really thinks it's ok to communicate to his fan base with "statements" released via a VERY SLOW BORING FANZINE WEBSITE.
We all know what he should have done but the bridges have been burned be on repair now.

Up yours Tosserrey ! Goodnight and thank you

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Your country is suffering the fate it deserves and if I had a big enough bulldozer I'd scrape it all into the sea and start over.

Others have said much the same down the centuries, yet we are still here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom