"Morrissey's 2011 North American Tour Selling Out and Setting Records" - press release

An anonymous person sends the press release from Girlie Action:

Morrissey’s 2011 North American Tour Selling Out and Setting Records

Following a sold out tour of Europe and the UK, Morrissey recently announced a North American tour. The show at Puebla, Mexico’s Auditorio del Complejo Cultural Universitario has become the fastest selling pop concert in the city’s history and his two nights at Mexico City’s Plaza Condesa are sold out. Many of the US dates have also already sold out including his date at the legendary Shrine Auditorium which sold out in twenty minutes, his fastest selling Los Angeles concert in twelve years. The performance at Pomona’s Fox Theater also sold out in twenty minutes. The tour begins November 10 in Chicago and concludes December 13 in Guadalajara, Mexico. He will be performing songs from throughout his unparalleled catalog including new unreleased tracks. Morrissey will also do two major US television appearances while in November.

Morrissey is often recognized as the most important British musician of his generation. The New York Times recently stated, ”Morrissey isn’t just any singer: he has become one of the defining rock stars of the past few decades by virtue of his grand voice, his grander songs, and his charming habit of playing with melodrama”. His influence is felt worldwide through the countless artists that cite him as their primary inspiration.

Morrissey 2011 US Dates...

Last edited:
Re: Article: "Morrissey's 2011 North American Tour Selling Out and Setting Records" -

Counting the days....I'm starting the football chant now "Morrissey...Morrissey..."

I want you to know that I'm a mother of a baby girl. Hoping you're going your way. THank you!

Re: Article: "Morrissey's 2011 North American Tour Selling Out and Setting Records" -

He is so big in the U.S.A. It is his main market. Isn't it. His fan base there is the most whatever. 15,000 went to the concert in Lokeren in Belgium in August. Lokeren is hardly a city like New York or let's say London. His Royal Highness however only sang for an hour and then he ran off, but chose to sing for one and a half hour to a 3,000 people at the Palladium in London. He is bigger than Jagger, Lennon and Elvis combined? I keep the comments that people said at the end of the Lokeren concert to myself due to the shortness of his set. Sometimes it is not enough to just talk and appear in the media, you also have to deliver. But that those in London got the longer concert is of course more important because there were the more important British media and his non paying friends and his sick vocal fans who think they are more important than others, like the Americans. As to the question if an artist having nationalistic views matters, of course it does not to those who are no affected, but those who are and are treated by his stupid nationilistic British and American fans it very much does.

Oh and by the way, Uncleskinney, stop pretending that you are a nice guy, anybody knows that you are pure, mentally ill arsehole and a liar.

how many albums did he sell , just the last 2 studio to begin

Yes he has great fan base, but his records and singles doesn't get aired and sold as many as
in the UK, the reason why, care to elobarato oh though [big]moughty USA defender?

I like the news about the sell out, hope he can get his record deal and release his new album next year

:guitar:

Last edited:

Morrissey Sells Out Hollywood Bowl! 25,000 plus on 8 June 2007 Morrissey Sells Out 2011 Euro Tour! Madison Square Garden? HA! Moz could fill it twice and put that one in his hip pocket. :thumb:

remember his 5 LA and 5 NY shows planned?

or was it 7

anyway he had to cancel and people with tickets from cancelled dates could go to another date,
to get a filled area

noiw It's OK though no NY, and too much west coast

Sold out to scalpers & touts who are turning around & selling the tickets for hundreds of dollars... which is so infuriating. Vegas has the right idea... will call only (so the person buying must collect the tickets - what a concept) and guess what vegas didnt sell out...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom