Morrissey's December Speech 2017 - SER / YouTube

41828_stateoftheunion_20171218.png

41827_stateoftheunion_20171218_2.png

(posted on SER's YT channel).

This is definitely a never seen before, direct to camera discussion from Moz.
Chart position, Der Spiegel, questioned by the American Secret Service as a result - possibly no free access to the US!?
"Whatever will be in 2018 will be..."
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
How difficult is it to come up with a form of words to articulate a vehement dislike of Mr. Trump without alerting the Secret Service? The media manage to do it every second of every minute of every hour. You are free to say anything about the President short of threats to kill him. That’s quite a liberal position, isn’t it?

“I don’t like Donald Trump and I find many of his policies alarming, however, the American people voted him into office and we must respect that.” Job done,

Watching the video again I think it is a good example of what can happen if you surround yourself with people whose livelihood is dependent on telling you you are always right. In some ways that is quite Trumpian in and of itself.

It’s quite sad to see the levels of delusion Morrissey exhibits. At no point is there even a glimmer that he himself might have somehow exacerbated the events of the last few weeks. I couldn’t live under the same roof as someone that permanently miserable without wanting to strangle them.

It will also be interesting to see where this leaves the label. They don’t get a word of recognition, let alone thanks and, as Morrissey clearly does not believe he holds any responsibility for anything wrong he does, if previous form is anything to go by the finger pointing should begin shortly. Assuming it hasn’t already.

EXACTLY!!! On point! Let us no forget his run with police in Roma. He blames them for doing there job. If your speeding the wrong way on one way street the law is entitled to stop + question you. He thinks he special. He thinks the rules that apply to everybody else don’t apply to him. His best friends on the payroll won’t tell him the truth. He there cash cow. Expect for Matt and Boz the other three can’t get a job. They’re not the loyal friends he thinks they are. He need to break away from them scums around him and have come to Jesus moment. Grow the f*** up Moz. They printed exactly what you said. Every person on the planet isn’t out to get you. You do it to yourself. LIHS didn’t sell good because it’s CRAP. You sold to you’re base. There are to many parrarels between trump and him. It’s shocking!!!

Just spitballin here, but does anyone else get a feeling there’s some sort of internal bickering conflict between two people that is played out through Morrissey’s disasterous PR? I mean he gave the interview. He knew what he said. Then Person #2 threw a fit at the reaction of the press then privately grilled Morrissey about what he said. Morrissey being sober when grilled forgetting what he said drunk during the interview tries to recall what he said and claims there’s a case against Der Spiegel for misrepresenting him, so person #2 writes the vitriolic Facebook post calling out Der Spiegel not thinking they’d call their bluff. So that happens and it’s clear “whoopsie i remembered it all wrong” so person #2 says “how can we clean this up!” in order to appease Morrissey for making him look like an idiot and SER volunteers to record a fireside chat. That’s published and under several names person #2 PROMOTES the efficacy of their clean up job because meanwhile Morrissey is in the corner shaking his head saying you’ve f***ed this up again, person #2.

Good God Almighty. What a whiner. He is more successful that 99.9 percent of all of those that seek out a musical path and is able live in any 5 star hotel of his choice and able to play to appreciative paying audiences all over the world. Including some enclaves like Los Angeles that offer up 40,000 paying customers yearly if he wishes. This chart position obsession is so meaningless in 2017 and even bloody Sir Paul McCartney doesn’t get his records played on the radio or even purchased in large quantities anymore. Or more importantly seem to give a rats bum. If he wouldn’t shite all over his success and opportunities for more positive press and acclaim by pissing all over himself each time a new record comes out he would do even better and certainly be happier.

Are they really likely to bar his return to America for saying he'd push the Button on Donald? Are they really that dumb?

Dear Morrissey,
I have been following your career since 1984. I am not going to stop now because of what haters say. I made my own opinion of you long ago and it hasn't change. I like you and I often agree with what you say and not what I read. I met you once very briefly in 2002. Just a shake of hands and a few words spoke lots. It has been very brave of you to do a video. As I fan I follow you because I truly love your songs. I thank you for all these amazing years bringing wonderful music to my ears and my heart.
Sincerely,
Gejo

I won't even comment on other stuff but how does he dare saying that rubbish about Arena victims?

It's never too much from our minds here and nearly everyone knows someone who's been affected by it. We're reminded of it on daily basis - when you go to Arena these days you have to go through airport type of security system. Just on Saturday Liam Gallagher was playing Live Forever in Arena against a backdrop of Manchester bee and a number 22. What a prick Morrissey has turned into.

OK. So he had himself a nice long moan on film. "But I was the real victim, victim, victim, victim, now let's bring up the true victims- deaths by terrorist attack- but again, I was a victim too."

A little "I'm sorry to anyone who thought that my comments re: Rapp, Spacey, Weinsteing were offensive.
To clarify, I meant _____. " would have went a long way.
But hey, there's a wild (not very Wilde anymore) man in his head, right?

I called that he would be facing probable official persona non grata status in America following the Trump
statement, the day after it was printed. That's kind of the way it goes. "If God bestows protection upon you, and if George W. Bush doesn't kill you" is a little different than "Press the button, Trump goes ka-put."
Do I believe that similar statements about Trump are made every day by god knows how many people?
Sure do. But you know. Celebrity/foreign/blah blah blah. It was an obvious end result.

What I saw was a man angry at being forced to defend his words, depressed and distraught at the state of his career and that he'd managed to cock up yet another record release. It was going so well, and then, well. He happened. Again. In print, in fulfilling obligations, in embarrassing himself and eroding the goodwill of those who support him. Deflection, deflection, deflection, and never a moment of accountability.

I feel sad for the man, but he brings it upon himself.

Boohoo! I said vile shit and it has impacted my commercial output. Simple Moz - think before you speak! No one supports a racist, misogynist, and supporter of sexual predators. Go figure! MS

I was ready to write him off after reading the interview but I must be in the small minority who having heard the words form in his mouth, can see some sort of context (bar one or two clangers)
Funnily enough this was suggested to me after, I have never seen this interview before and enjoyed it as a juxtaposition to the above. It touches on some of themes.

Very interesting interview before the release of Strangeways. At the 14:00 mark he is asked how he would feel if The Smiths' upcoming record was received poorly. He replies: "It would devastate me... But I would really feel that it was a miscalculation on other people's part." There's that sense of self-importance that we all know and love. But, to be fair, Strangeways was and still is a fantastic record.

If what he says about the Secret Service and future access to the US is on the level, well.... I actually saw this one coming based on the current administration's distaste for anything that speaks out against them. Morrissey would have probably flown under the radar (with his f*** Trump badges and t-shirts and concert banter), given he's not exactly a mainstream figure here, but as soon as you speak in even broad terms about harming the President in an interview.... well, he was asking for a knock on the door.

Of course, this is is Morrissey and its never easy to tell exactly where the truth lies.

Who is President has nothing to do with the US Secret Service and the protection of their President.Anyone who speaks out with such a tone in going to see a visit from them no matter who.

Calling his address the state of the union is lame and clichéd.

His bitterness comes through with ‘as usual’ when chart position disappoints.

At the start he’s clearly addressing his customers or fans, but later says his 35 years of a following counts for nothing. Although he is grateful. He means ‘the haters’ discount this?

He claims the hateful press and print media try to shut down anything they hear that seems to reflect what ‘ the people’ think. But what has been shut down? Morrissey got his points across. They haven’t been censored or banned. All that’s happened is that other people expressed their opinions about his. He doesn’t like the fact others don’t agree?

It’s true that there is growing confusion about what is right-wing, and what is left-wing. Doesn't he personify this overlap? And debate about that can be strained and stifled, but it’s not shut down just because readers commented on Morrissey’s interpretations of reality and selective presentation of facts.

Those haters do not prioritise trying to get rid of Morrissey’s name as soon as they see it, although that very name has attracted some stereotypes over the years, largely due to his own actions and words. Many of the haters have belonged to his huge fandom for decades.

Is there not much he can do about it? He completely avoids addressing what happened; that he said controversial and sectarian things during the interview, then denied saying them, and then was proved to have said, and denied, them. Despite his forty years giving print interviews and fending off reactions, he treats those interested as fools.

Despite Ganglord and Who Will Protect Us ftp, the only very nice people he had a great chat with recently were the secret service. Amazing how a little bit of power and authority affects his views. The threat of not being let back into America where he lives and works so much, is very serious. That more than anything shows the state of the world. But again, with his previous similar run-ins, why should he be surprised this could be a consequence of his statements? Yet he blames the medium that offered him the opportunity to review the interview which he refused. Big baby. All this had so much promise. It could all have worked in his favour.

Verging on paranoid, he actually seems to believe there’s a planned conspiracy against him. How dare they accuse him of saying what he said?!! Does he think music journalists are really hell-bent on assassinating him? They want him to succeed, surely? They only reported on his very topical views. Nobody criticised that Rolling Stone interview, did they? Because it was sincere and reasoned. More like ‘a double bed and a stalwart lover for sure’ in contrast to those ‘sheets for which I paid’, a rather gloating phrase to my ears.

But he’s right about the news, according to Nasim Taleb, who reckons it’s misleading because it gives the impression that the changes that matter and last happen gradually, whereas major events are often unexpected, not provided for and hugely disruptive. Glenn Greenwald dissects coverage of a news item that went viral in the main news organs from December 8th, but was false, yet none of the big names admitted it. Info made public grows a life of its own.

The Christmas address is a good idea, but it’s not really all about you, Morrissey! It nearly worked out. The innovative album was very well received in many places. It’s a matter of facing everything: (who I am, how I end up here…) Reflect, regroup and keep going!

Last edited by a moderator:
EXACTLY!!! On point! Let us no forget his run with police in Roma. He blames them for doing there job. If your speeding the wrong way on one way street the law is entitled to stop + question you. He thinks he special. He thinks the rules that apply to everybody else don’t apply to him. His best friends on the payroll won’t tell him the truth. He there cash cow. Expect for Matt and Boz the other three can’t get a job. They’re not the loyal friends he thinks they are. He need to break away from them scums around him and have come to Jesus moment. Grow the f*** up Moz. They printed exactly what you said. Every person on the planet isn’t out to get you. You do it to yourself. LIHS didn’t sell good because it’s CRAP. You sold to you’re base. There are to many parrarels between trump and him. It’s shocking!!!

Nonsense. he wasn't driving. He did nothing wrong. They demanded papers, he had every right to refuse.

Are they really likely to bar his return to America for saying he'd push the Button on Donald? Are they really that dumb?
Since 1963 oddly enough those in-charge of protecting the President of the United and states and leader of the free-world take such things quite seriously. And frankly, I don't see anything "dumb" about such a stance. I suspect you won't see him on US soil for quite some time. If ever again.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom