Morrissey's Dick Gregory death statement - SER Photography / Facebook

On SER's Facebook

"Dick Gregory, America's last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly - work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us ... as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace."

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland.

40559_dick_gregory_morrissey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The story is old, I know...
I don't think we're going to get "the facts" and they don't really matter.

'I don't think we're going to get "the facts" and they don't really matter.'

But don't you want the 'facts'? don't you and some others want M to make a statement saying I'm 'straight' or I'm 'gay' or any other narrow minded pigeon hole of a label? FINE if it works for most. But I think there are a lot of people who realize that they are more complicated than the language we're given to use in order to define and express ourselves. And the creative and the brave and the honest will come out and say so. M is just one who took the first step in bringing this to light.

meaning? ....

Statement

19 October 2013

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

The rest of your post is just more mere speculation that's not worth discussion.

NEXT!

Statement

19 October 2013

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

The rest of your post is just more mere speculation that's not worth discussion.

NEXT!

Especially not if they're Chinese.

LOL, Rob's FACE when he finishes speaking, and takes that gulp! Was it rocket fuel? Was it acting? Was it a fully thespian take, on what it feels like going down, if you actually try to drink some rocket fuel? I completely forgot I never got around to seeing this. I don't know if even those three different combined grimaces in one single scene are enough to make me do it now though. Not even with all the sequins. Not even sequins and the promise of my own hipflask full of rocketfuel will probably ever bribe me now.
You have to watch it, Scanty. I got HBO to watch that dragon soap opera but the real makeup and special effects geniuses were working on this thing.

I wonder if Morrissey told Dick Gregory that he feels black on the inside and that Obama acts white? That is a conversation I would like to have overheard.

Especially not if they're Chinese.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:
JFC

Well in context of the interview, they were discussing the barbaric cruelty of animals by people in China.
In that context, he was talking about those people in China that he assumes are Chinese that are causing these cruelties against animals. So I guess we'll read it how we want. But keep in mind, I don't think M would have called these Chinese a sub-species if he and the interviewer were talking about say the traditional opera music of China or whatever.

JFC

Well in context of the interview, they were discussing the barbaric cruelty of animals by people in China.
In that context, he was talking about those people in China that he assumes are Chinese that are causing these cruelties against animals. So I guess we'll read it how we want. But keep in mind, I don't think M would have called these Chinese a sub-species if he and the interviewer were talking about say the traditional opera music of China or whatever.

A country with people that produce fake eggs and other fake foods and deal with things no one else in the rest of the world does. They sure are strange alright.

As far as Moz's comment goes you are of course spot on. It is the same reason as his interest in Dick.

JFC

I consider it unfathomable that this even has to be continually repeatedly explained to anyone anymore. But on the other hand we could just as easily say that what I call unfathomable, is also just the flip side of some people's devoted unwillingness to hear. Everybody chooses their side in life. Everybody. And if someone actively wants to look for the worst in someone, or in something, or in something that was said, or in any given situation - they will find it.

Even if it is not there.

Last edited:
I consi

I consider it unfathomable that this even has to be continually repeatedly explained to anyone anymore. But on the other hand we could just as easily say that what I call unfathomable, is also just the flip side of some people's devoted unwillingness to hear. Everybody chooses their side in life. Everybody. And if someone actively wants to look for the worst in someone, or in something, or in something that was said, or in any given situation - they will find it.

Even if it is not there.

Spot on and that is the exact world we find ourselves in these days. You could start to wonder who wins when every comment by someone is turned into something else and why that is done.

CIA killed Michael Jackson with a laser to his arms. Prince hated drugs but took them 24/7, MJ loved children but diddled them LOL .

The are gone now this nut is gone.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I understand there are a good many Southerners in the room tonight. I know the South very well. I spent twenty years there one night.

Last time I was down south I walked into this restaurant and this white waitress came up to me and said, "We don't serve colored people here." I said, "That's all right. I don't eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken."

Then these three white boys came up to me and said, "Boy, we're giving you fair warning. Anything you do to that chicken, we're gonna do to you." So I put down my knife and fork, I picked up that chicken and I kissed it. Then I said, "Line up, boys!"

i didnt know someone could be this funny.:ha-no:

i mean f ing a, that totally unfunny.

JFC

And, let's not forget, he very recently saw footage on the internet of the horrible things done to living dogs and cats in China and mentioned it in the interview.
He was very upset and angry.
So that was the reason for the subspecies comment.

the comparison is hurtful but I still wonder how he got so much hostile reactions to it but not that many people reacted to the horrible things done to the animals.

Like people felt very uneasy to comment on that and saying things like you can't and should not critise these practises cause you could be seen as racist.

In fact, I think it was more or less deliberately said with the hope it would draw attention to this horrible practices.
But in stead of that, all attention was drawn to his subspecies comment, so actually he didn't succeed in that. On the contrary.
He was outraged and made that bloody awful comparison.

Maybe Gregory was a conspiracionist, but what he said about the death of Prince, that wonderful man and beautiful soul, has a lot of sense. Like many other things he said. I don't share his opinion about "white" power, for me it's just power. One way or another, the man had a lot of interesting ideas and the guts to express them until the last moment.

Even if it is not there.

I couldn't agree more Scanty

Last edited:
I consi

Even if it is not there.

Okay, but some people* also choose the side that believes "I like this person's songs so whenever they say something they are criticized for they didn't really mean it."
You'd have to believe Morrissey is really naive, ignorant, and stupid, and that this is his first interview to think that his choice of words was not intentional. He is a master troll and knows how to get attention by saying something controversial. "Subspecies" was either chosen intentionally or not. If not then it's amazing he has made it this far.

The real problem is that Ketamine Sun, in order to make this statement mean what she wants it to, has to restate it with additional words added, and then use a hypothetical opinion (We can't really know what "M" :rolleyes: would think about Chinese opera) to back it up.

If it was one statement that would be different but it's one of a number of statements that divide people by skin color, nationality, accent, and so on.

So. some people do look for the worst, it's true. Some people wish he would just make a new record. A good one if possible. And some people refuse to realize the implications of his statements. It is true that empathy for animals is less present in some cultures than others but there are people in every conceivable category that you might consider "a subspecies" except for the fact that the term implies some sort of genetic division, and sounds like racism.
Which had to be exactly what he wanted it to sound like so he could get more headlines. Now maybe he is sacrificing his public image in order to draw attention to certain kinds of reprehensible actions, and it so, that's fine. You could even say it's noble. But he can't make these outrageous statements and then pretend to be shocked when people find them outrageous, and he can't expect people to wait for some Mozbot to raise their hand and explain what her "really" meant.

*Mozbots

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom