Morrissey's It's Over enters vinyl singles chart at number 2

20191227_180016.jpg

Morrissey entered the UK Vinyl Singles at number 2 today behind Wham's Last Christmas.

source https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vinyl-singles-chart/

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very rough maths based on 69 major UK cities and about (probably less by now) 120 HMVs (only some of which sold it early and only some carrying it) added to about 15 copies seen in the biggest of stores and some guesstimation = about 1500 copies sold max with lots of benefit of the doubt.

Had Indies & Amazon been selling before next year, it may have helped him get that 'number 1' he appears to seek.
It would be great to know who actually has the say over some of these decisions - HMV may actually be at fault....
Who knows!?
FWD.

The UK vinyl singles chart is quite a new chart. His 8 last vinyl singles have reached number 1 except this one (number 2) and I think, All The People Must Fall In Love (number 2) which was held off the top spot by the Beatles' Yellow Submarine.

Better than all the rest

overlooked in new year honours once again

Very rough maths based on 69 major UK cities and about (probably less by now) 120 HMVs (only some of which sold it early and only some carrying it) added to about 15 copies seen in the biggest of stores and some guesstimation = about 1500 copies sold max with lots of benefit of the doubt.

Had Indies & Amazon been selling before next year, it may have helped him get that 'number 1' he appears to seek.
It would be great to know who actually has the say over some of these decisions - HMV may actually be at fault....
Who knows!?
FWD.

Damn it. I looked & I couldn't find it.

I think he just needs it to anchor himself. Showbiz is a weird life, if they're not obsessed with sales, they'll join some cult religion.

No idea why The Girl Who Fell To Earth is on there at number 3, it came out ages ago.

It's a wonderful song from Gaz Coombes (Singer from Supergrass).

WHOAA HOLY DRAMAJ f***EN LE PEW!!!!!!!:thumb:

No 2 with a NEW YEARS BULLET!!!!:rock:

DESPITE NOBODY COULD FIND FOR POOR DISTRIBUTION THE GROWING FANS WENT OUT AND DISCOVERED:rock:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom