Morrissey's next album - Are you buying it?

A

Anonymous

If you read the NME, The Guardian or some other "news" website, you'll likely come across a clickbait article telling you that 'Morrissey's Fans Are Deserting Him', or words to that effect.

However, the fact is, Morrissey's fans are not deserting him.

His followers on Spotify have increased. See the Spotify thread for more info.

This video of him on Broadway is getting thousands of views.

And look at the upvotes/downvotes under that video: 1,764 upvotes 73 downvotes. Also, have a read of the comments. 99.9% positive. Go check!

Does any of that info look like Morrissey's fans are 'deserting him'?

I think I know the answer to the thread title, but just to be sure, I'd like to know if you are going to buy Morrissey's next album?

Personally, I'll be buying the vinyl and the cd. What about you?

Only if it's any good. Didn't like LIHS nor the covers one, so didn't buy.

try and stop me.

If you read the NME, The Guardian or some other "news" website, you'll likely come across a clickbait article telling you that 'Morrissey's Fans Are Deserting Him', or words to that effect.

However, the fact is, Morrissey's fans are not deserting him.

His followers on Spotify have increased. See the Spotify thread for more info.

This video of him on Broadway is getting thousands of views.

And look at the upvotes/downvotes under that video: 1,764 upvotes 73 downvotes. Also, have a read of the comments. 99.9% positive. Go check!

Does any of that info look like Morrissey's fans are 'deserting him'?

I think I know the answer to the thread title, but just to be sure, I'd like to know if you are going to buy Morrissey's next album?

Personally, I'll be buying the vinyl and the cd. What about you?

Where is the Spotify thread?
Yes, his popularity has increased everywhere, also on Twitter and FB he gains followers rather than losing them. Something which NME/Guardian will of course never discuss, since they hate facts.

No. I will never spend so much as a slim penny on this man ever again. I’ve spent tens of thousands of pounds on tours, etc. Never again. If he records a monumental album I will obtain it by means whereby no financial benefit goes his way. In the case of the California Son recording, one listen online was more than enough for me. I genuinely didn’t like it. I’m capable of separating the art from the artist, and I haven’t been a fan for all these years for no discernible reason. However the covers album was a middle aged mans caberet at best. Even without the foul political outbursts turning me off the man, I wouldn’t have been impressed by this offering.

Where is the Spotify thread?
Yes, his popularity has increased everywhere, also on Twitter and FB he gains followers rather than losing them. Something which NME/Guardian will of course never discuss, since they hate facts.

Shame people don’t buy his albums or want to see him tour in the UK anymore. All these new followers don’t seem to buying tickets for the some of upcoming US gigs, at what point do you think he will cancel or downgrade some of the venues?

No. I will never spend so much as a slim penny on this man ever again. I’ve spent tens of thousands of pounds on tours, etc. Never again. If he records a monumental album I will obtain it by means whereby no financial benefit goes his way. In the case of the California Son recording, one listen online was more than enough for me. I genuinely didn’t like it. I’m capable of separating the art from the artist, and I haven’t been a fan for all these years for no discernible reason. However the covers album was a middle aged mans caberet at best. Even without the foul political outbursts turning me off the man, I wouldn’t have been impressed by this offering.

Why do you come here ... ?

Back
Top Bottom