Morrissey's vocal

myboyracer

Speedway, here we come!
Hiya,

Did Morrissey go through any vocal lessons or any theory lessons? Every note he sing and the songs he penned are truely amazing. :guitar:

Cheers!

mbr.

Actually one of the forum members told me that her friend was asked from Morrissey to give him voice training.
I don't remember when it happened, hopefully she might reply to this later.

Serious? She should share her experiences coaching Morrissey. :)

mbr.

Actually one of the forum members told me that her friend was asked from Morrissey to give him voice training.
I don't remember when it happened, hopefully she might reply to this later.

I think it was in one of the true-to-you q&a sessions that Morrissey said he didn't do anything in particular to take care of his vocal chords, which is quite amazing considering how many years and how often he's singing.

Serious? She should share her experiences coaching Morrissey. :)

mbr.

This particular member didn't work for Morrissey.
She has a friend who is a professional singer and voice trainer.
He was asked by Morrissey when Morrissey was start recording Southpaw Grammar or Maladjusted.

I seem to recall from the Inside the Smiths dvd that John Porter (I believe) said that after the debut Smith's LP, Morrissey received vocal coaching so he could explore his range and what he was able to do. This is why Moz arose from the baritonal depths of songs like I Don't Owe You Anything and Reel Around the Fountain to a more moderate and comfortable key for Hatful of Hollow and Meat is Murder LPs. :)

do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, to .... no wonder his pitching is so right. :cool:

I seem to recall from the Inside the Smiths dvd that John Porter (I believe) said that after the debut Smith's LP, Morrissey received vocal coaching so he could explore his range and what he was able to do. This is why Moz arose from the baritonal depths of songs like I Don't Owe You Anything and Reel Around the Fountain to a more moderate and comfortable key for Hatful of Hollow and Meat is Murder LPs. :)

in goddards book songs to save your life the author stated tht morrissey gets his vocal lessons around the how soon is now recordings

Back
Top Bottom