Todays post

“@MorrisseysMum: There once was a singer from Hulme
Who decided to sing us a tune
So he hired a bus
& told all of us
That we'd see him near home fairly soon

Betty Dwyer (@MorrisseysMum)
12/05/2011 20:10
Is it IN Manchester or just NEAR Manchester? Either way it's only a bus ride for me

Where does Morrissey call 'home' these days?

Is it still a question mark? Or is it a safe warm Lancashire home?

Following his penchant for small venues in odd towns - I'm going for the Bowdon Vale Youth Club - round the corner from his mum's :thumb:

Dave

Oh I do hope its true, Morrissey touring the UK and skipping Manchester is just,well,..wrong ;)

Well he managed to do it quite happily for twelve years.

This time? I smell Salford.

didnt he once say he had no great affection for Manchester back in his Smiths days? And that he just happened to live there?

I agree. Various interviews and his lyrics suggest quite strongly that people were horrible to him. Violence was directed at him and his friends, Linder (Merseyside) and James Maker (London)
Did he actually have any friends from Manchester? Anyway, maybe now it's different as he likes his family and friends who live in Cheshire.

Well in 'Who Put The M In Manchester' he seemed to show a great deal of affection to the place and the people.

Thank God Morrissey's not from Nantucket.

Well in 'Who Put The M In Manchester' he seemed to show a great deal of affection to the place and the people.

yeah he sure did! and he chose to celebrate his 50th Birthday in Manchester too, (the whole weekend :eek:) he could've chose anywhere in the world that he feels great affection for, but he chose lilltle ol Manc.

I smell Salford.

I smelt Salford just the other day. It seemed to be mostly under construction. :)

Failsworth would be a dream :lbf:

Or Chorlton Irish Club, perhaps!

Actually, while I think Moz was certainly more than happy to escape Manchester in the 80s, like most people as they get older, he seems decidedly more affectionate towards his old home town now. His 50th birthday weekend was great here. Was that really two years ago?

I was thinking about the quote by Paul Morley, " Morrissey was always laughed at in Manchester when we were kids. He was the village idiot. That's the ironic thing - now he's the poet of a generation. But in those days he was 'that-one-in-the-corner, Steve the Nutter'." It must have been a unhappy time.
and the chapter in James Maker's book about back then. The running from the skinheads.........
Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder

I was thinking about the quote by Paul Morley, " Morrissey was always laughed at in Manchester when we were kids. He was the village idiot. That's the ironic thing - now he's the poet of a generation. But in those days he was 'that-one-in-the-corner, Steve the Nutter'." It must have been a unhappy time.
and the chapter in James Maker's book about back then. The running from the skinheads.........
Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder

Absence in Los Angeles makes the heart grow fonder still :)

I'd love my home town if I never had to live here. As it is, it's a shithole :confused:

Todays post

“@MorrisseysMum: There once was a singer from Hulme
Who decided to sing us a tune
So he hired a bus
& told all of us
That we'd see him near home fairly soon

Betty Dwyer (@MorrisseysMum)
12/05/2011 20:10
Is it IN Manchester or just NEAR Manchester? Either way it's only a bus ride for me

so yet another date to be added, it would seem, after Morrissey assured us (before the latest three dates were added) that the original ones were the only dates for the UK this year. some London shows at some point in 2011 seem almost inevitable...

Come on Morrissey....manchester please? :)
reveal yourself Morrisseysmum! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest is.....

"Dates are added then stopped before confirmation. Manchester. is OFF as far as I know. But there may be a good surprise soon."

This is getting VERY interesting.

A tweet from about 20 minutes ago

MorrisseysMum Betty Dwyer
Anyone for Ennis?

.....is Enniskillen going to be added to the Irish leg of the tour maybe??

Back
Top Bottom