morrisseytour.com - is history repeating itself?

Stanley the 2nd

I had a thought the other day - didn't the girls who used to run the morrisseytour.com site have a similar experience with Morrissey that Davidt has just had?

For those of you who might have forgotten, morrisseytour was a website set up around the time of the 1999 tour and was a like a tour blog with reviews of the eachshow. It was a good record of the tour and I seem to remember the girls getting friendly with some of Morrissey's band and tour personnel and then suddenly getting cold shouldered and not welcomed to the shows. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I do remember there being a slightly bitter experience for them at the end. Was a great site by the way and I always enjoyed reading it.

I had a thought the other day - didn't the girls who used to run the morrisseytour.com site have a similar experience with Morrissey that Davidt has just had?

For those of you who might have forgotten, morrisseytour was a website set up around the time of the 1999 tour and was a like a tour blog with reviews of the eachshow. It was a good record of the tour and I seem to remember the girls getting friendly with some of Morrissey's band and tour personnel and then suddenly getting cold shouldered and not welcomed to the shows. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me but I do remember there being a slightly bitter experience for them at the end. Was a great site by the way and I always enjoyed reading it.

Your mind is not playing tricks. I distinctly recall that too...

I'd be interested to read more (used to read morrisseytour a bit back in the day)

Still being could shouldered and not being welcomed is a far cry from being outright banned, unless that is what you meant.

Man, there's no big conspiracy, I think most of them just started doing other shit...

I remember the site. It was a really good site. I don't think anything negative happened to them. I saw two of the girls in Tulsa 2006, and Chicago 11/21/06. Everything seemed fine.

That was a very good site.
Perhaps life got away from them. Following an artist for every tour has got to be hard if you have commitments to work and family.

Back
Top Bottom