Movie '500 Days of Summer' name drops The Smiths

This looks soooo sweet!

I cannot believe they name dropped the smiths - yay :)

Can't wait to see this film.

Anyone know when its released in UK? if it is

I'm looking forward to seeing this! I have a crush on Zooey Deschanel.

.... i think most of you are missing the point. you're focusing too much on what the GIRL does. if you notice, the BOY attaches himself pretty quickly to her because--yes, as a lot of you pointed out--not many 20 year olds TRULY know such bands... so he quickly falls in love with her & wants to know more, because i'm sure he feels isolated as a Smiths fan/music lover, just like a lot of you have in the past growing up.

be mad at the female character for not "being a real Smiths fan" (since you know ohhhh so much about what a REAL fan is), but don't be angry at the film or the writers. :p it was their intent to have her seem completely uninterested in him, even though they share a love for The Smiths. she's obviously very content with being alone (kind of like Morrissey is, WOW, how crazy is that for a Smiths fan??!).

besides, as someone else stated: it's just a movie. don't get so uptight. if you think it's rubbish, fine, don't see it. we're not forcing you to. someone just thought it'd be NICE to share this little info with all of you, because they LOVE The Smiths, and EVERYTHING that includes The Smiths makes them a little happier inside (i know it makes ME personally happy, but i'm quite a fangirl). name-dropping may not be a big deal, but it's just exciting, simple as that. no harm done.

:p

now, i love you all. let's share some hugs. HAHA!

Saw the preview for this tonight..How adorable is Zooey singing there is a light in the elevator whilst proclaiming her love for the smiths...very :thumb:

Saw the preview for this tonight..How adorable is Zooey singing there is a light in the elevator whilst proclaiming her love for the smiths...very :thumb:

it is adorable even though she sings it not so well. i am looking forward to hear the she and him cover of please, please...

Tags
i love zooey d. iloveet.com
Back
Top Bottom