Moz and the heckler

I think the classy way out is to let everyone make up their own minds and to try to avoid interacting with the other person. Scarlet doesn't seek these people out, but she's no pansy either when they provoke her. Scarlet doesn't go around spontaneously saying Silke is evil, that came out only after trying to defend her position.

I think things should be worked out privately, if that's the true intent. Working things out publicly on Solow can't possibly work at all. It seems likely to me the true intent of this request is simply to attack and argue some more. And the proper thing to do is to decline.

It makes total sense to me and seems to support rather than conflict with her stance in this thread. We try our best to live and let live (and ask that others do the same), except when we feel people are intentionally and actively antagonizing us. We try our best to accept that everyone else is human and has a point of view, and we'd even support one's right to say "Morrissey is a jackass" verbally, in private. Posting things like this on Solow is a different matter. Because it's the opposite of living and let living, the opposite of accepting that everyone is human and has a point of view.

Scarlet has suggested repeatedly that both sides put the other into the Ignore filter, and that, because the Ignore filter does not filter out comments in QUOTES, to further agree in principle to not respond to each other. Silke and others are not obligated to do that or anything else, they can do what they want. But it's a genuine offer and I think would be the best for all involved. CG for one has refused to do this, which seems to me to be wrong and can only result in more drama.

Bottom line, we don't want to argue, we come here to joke around. But certain people act like they love yanking chains and going negative to cause drama, not just towards us but to many others as well.

Don't worry about what is happening to "many others". If someone is behaving towards you in a way that breaks the rules, you can report it or ignore it. You bring too much personal drama to the board and it's gotten to where people are openly mocking you for your victim mentality.

I just liked the Axl Rose things

Very entertaining, thank you Dave :thumb:

Don't worry about what is happening to "many others". If someone is behaving towards you in a way that breaks the rules, you can report it or ignore it. You bring too much personal drama to the board and it's gotten to where people are openly mocking you for your victim mentality.

"Victim mentality" would be if I said boo hoo, feel sorry for me, give me special treatment, which I haven't, AND if I thought this was directed only at me and Scarlet, which it's not. I'm merely trying to defend myself against the people who claimed I'm a hypocrite for not being all smiles and roses, how calling someone a name-caller doesn't make me a name-caller. It's ridiculous really that it should come to all this. I can't see how anyone can disagree with calling for civility.

And I don't "worry about other people being attacked," I'm pointing out that no, I don't think it's all about me, and it's not an authentic complaint, and the proof is when certain people post a plurality of negativity towards others, not just towards me and Scarlet. Merely pointing out this fact is hardly me worrying.

I cannot believe how people continue to misunderstand (or twist) my words in the way you have here. I shouldn't be explained after this going on for 9+ pages, really.

Last edited:
Actually, I'd like to apologize. I shouldn't have called Silke "Pure Evil" in this thread. That was unnecessary. It was based on things from other (multiple) threads. Silke has hurt my feelings repeatedly over the past year or so and I have a lot of hostility towards her. I'm sorry it leaked out here.

I still disagree with nearly everything she says and certainly everything she's written about me here (or elsewhere). I really wanted to think it was all down to multiple misunderstandings, but she obviously doesn't want to talk it out to see if that's the case. She just wants to argue. I mean, obviously, if we were to work it out privately there would be no need for anyone to read her (misguided) truth here because she'd see that there was no original bad intent. What she wants is for me to lay it out the way I see it so she can tell you all how wrong I am. I'm not going to do that for obvious reasons.

I'm going to put her on ignore and I'm going to try not to look at this thread anymore. You all confound me so.

One of the few interactions I actually had with Scarlet, and the only one in private, was that she sent me a PM saying that she thought that I was trying to upstage her with my knowledge about Morrissey. Until this moment it did not even occur to me that I was in some sort of competition about Morrissey knowledge.

I am trying to let this thread die. But I cannot let this statement stand, it is simply not true. As with the "deodorant" picture, you've again misunderstood or misremembered her words.

We have no urge to talk badly of you, CG or anyone else, unless you're in our face confronting us.

I repeat myself, go back and you will see that Scarlet started the interaction with me on this thread with the post in which she called me evil.

I re-read it. You're saying Scarlet started the interaction with you, making my statement false. That is not the case, she did not start the interaction.

Also, what she said was, "How about the time, long ago before I knew you were Pure Evil..." It's hard to take that too seriously, it sounds like a joke to me. And with the things you've said to her in past threads... It sounds like perhaps you are quick to be angry at her during repeated cases of language misunderstandings on your part.

Last edited:
Nice try. "Victim mentality" would be if I said boo hoo, feel sorry for me, give me special treatment, which I haven't, AND if I thought this was directed only at me and Scarlet, which it's not. I'm merely trying to defend myself against the people who claimed I'm a hypocrite for not being all smiles and roses, how calling someone a name-caller doesn't make me a name-caller. It's ridiculous really that it should come to all this. I can't see how anyone can disagree with calling for civility.

And I don't "worry about other people being attacked," I'm pointing out that no, I don't think it's all about me, and it's not an authentic complaint, and the proof is when certain people post a plurality of negativity towards others, not just towards me and Scarlet. Merely pointing out this fact is hardly me worrying.

I cannot believe how people continue to misunderstand (or twist) my words in the way you have here. I shouldn't be explained after this going on for 9+ pages, really.

If you want to be civil, be civil. But you are a newcomer that is trying to get people to shut up because you don't like what they are saying. I never noticed you until recently, so I don't know what was going on, but lately I've seen you post a lot of complaints about people here, and it doesn't seem like you are happy with the way the board is run.

If you don't like some people and they don't like you, stop antagonizing them completely, and ignore them. Don't comment on the posts of people you don't like. You are not innocent in this. You tried to isolate one person here and it didn't work and now you want to play nice. That's cool. Prove it.

If you want to be civil, be civil. But you are a newcomer that is trying to get people to shut up because you don't like what they are saying. I never noticed you until recently, so I don't know what was going on, but lately I've seen you post a lot of complaints about people here, and it doesn't seem like you are happy with the way the board is run.

If you don't like some people and they don't like you, stop antagonizing them completely, and ignore them. Don't comment on the posts of people you don't like. You are not innocent in this. You tried to isolate one person here and it didn't work and now you want to play nice. That's cool. Prove it.

You're mistaken on all counts. I don't recall ever being uncivil or not playing nice, if that's what you're suggesting. I don't recall disapproving of the way the board is run. I'm not trying to silence anyone. I haven't intentionally antagonized anyone, though people have tried to do that to me. I didn't try to isolate one person. I don't see that anything I've asserted here has been unsuccessful. I'm not suddenly trying to play nice, I'm the same I've always been. It continues to amaze me, these posts that are so thoroughly mistaken.

Last edited:
Scarlet has suggested repeatedly that both sides put the other into the Ignore filter, and that, because the Ignore filter does not filter out comments in QUOTES, to further agree in principle to not respond to each other.

I have no idea WTF is going on here, but this is the only thing you should do. It works. For instance, I have Dave on ignore and I think some other people do, too, because he totally hates me and would argue over the color of the sky if I posted "blue." (Hi, Dave!) So I just ignore him. :D

And this is why: Trust me, I know! Some day you are going to be sorry for every minute you spent arguing (not debating, not discussing, just arguing, bickering) with strangers on a message board. Life's not long, it's sooo sooo short.

I have no idea WTF is going on here, but this is the only thing you should do. It works. For instance, I have Dave on ignore and I think some other people do, too, because he totally hates me and would argue over the color of the sky if I posted "blue." (Hi, Dave!) So I just ignore him. :D

And this is why: Trust me, I know! Some day you are going to be sorry for every minute you spent arguing (not debating, not discussing, just arguing, bickering) with strangers on a message board. Life's not long, it's sooo sooo short.

Kristeen quote! I love it!

Thanks for the advice, you're right of course. That's what I've been saying, that several people here disagree with my posts 100% of the time, makes me think it's not authentic opinion. I must admit it's not entirely unpleasant in that it resembles debating.

My worry with putting people on ignore is that they'll continue making outlandish accusations about character, and that someone might start to believe it after multiple repetitions. But I guess I'll give it a go.

So,Silke is not evil any more?
Phew!

Was she exorcised?

(she's always seemed rather nice to me)

Actually, I'd like to apologize. I shouldn't have called Silke "Pure Evil" in this thread. That was unnecessary. It was based on things from other (multiple) threads. Silke has hurt my feelings repeatedly over the past year or so and I have a lot of hostility towards her. I'm sorry it leaked out here.

I still disagree with nearly everything she says and certainly everything she's written about me here (or elsewhere). I really wanted to think it was all down to multiple misunderstandings, but she obviously doesn't want to talk it out to see if that's the case. She just wants to argue. I mean, obviously, if we were to work it out privately there would be no need for anyone to read her (misguided) truth here because she'd see that there was no original bad intent. What she wants is for me to lay it out the way I see it so she can tell you all how wrong I am. I'm not going to do that for obvious reasons.

I'm going to put her on ignore and I'm going to try not to look at this thread anymore. You all confound me so.

Scarlet, you continue to do it. You claim that I showed a lot of hostility to you without naming one incident. Work it through. You are just making some totally misguided general statements about what I supposedly said and about my character. It baffels me how somebody can be as confused as you are. You get everything wrong and misunderstand everything and I repeatedly told you that it is your projections and your mind, not me.

What you continue to do here is that you don't want to go through the supposed history of bad events because you cannot. During the time when you and your husband wrote your long paragraphs, you could have done so, but you cannot. You instead continue to twist things and say that I do not want to talk things out. I do. I made it very clear. In very short sentences. Very clear to understand. And I told you to go ahead.

I am trying to let this thread die. But I cannot let this statement stand, it is simply not true. As with the "deodorant" picture, you've again misunderstood or misremembered her words.

I re-read it. You're saying Scarlet started the interaction with you, making my statement false. That is not the case, she did not start the interaction.

Also, what she said was, "How about the time, long ago before I knew you were Pure Evil..." It's hard to take that too seriously, it sounds like a joke to me. And with the things you've said to her in past threads... It sounds like perhaps you are quick to be angry at her during repeated cases of language misunderstandings on your part.

I did not misunderstand her word with the "deodorant" picture. And I have no difficulty to understand what you are writing. Same strategy as Scarlet. I would not be surprised if what is typed was not even written by the same person at times.

It was getting late and I went :sleeping:
Right, my first interaction with her was a defence which she took as another opportunity for further insults. In your own words this would be: Oh, did I? This was just a joke. Don't you have any humour? Why do you overreact in such a way to such a little funny side remark?

You and your wife do not know what humour is. It is when you laugh about yourself in a difficult situation.

I would not be surprised if what is typed was not even written by the same person at times.

I'd put money down on this being the case. :p

um...

well, I think he was within his right. sure, it does seem a bit mean, but at the same time if you can't handle his jokes, and his insults...then, I mean, why bother going? I live in Chicago and if he were to say something insulting regarding the slaughterhouses or really, anything about Chicago, I wouldn't tell him to go f*** himself, even though I love my city.
And besides, it's not like he jumped into the crowd and started beating the crap outta the guy, (although Boz looked pretty pissed off and about to deck someone.), which is what a lot of artists I'm sure would've done. Others might've ignored it. But Morrissey is stubborn and proud.

I do think he needs a well deserved rest though.

1st of all, let me say I read a lot of crap in this thread since I posted to it :cool:
some good stuff too, by my ppl, you know who you are :thumb:
then snowie posted this:

omg! i was totally thinking of this song too! brilliant man, brilliant :clap:

I'm glad someone noticed!

Although I wasn't very nice in my posts in this thread either, so, apologies for
being a bitch.

Tags
*yer on ignore but i bait you
Back
Top Bottom