Moz Concert Ad on Local Phoenix Radio

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
Much to my utter disbelief, 96.9 FM here in Phoenix ran an ad for the June 2nd Morrissey concert here in Phoenix. There was a snipet of "Everyday Is Like Sunday" during the ad. It's funny because I don't think I have ever heard the station play Morrissey. They played "How Soon Is Now?" once in the past three months.

I'm not sure what the rest of the U.S. is like but the radio in Phoenix is beyond awful. I work in a small office, and I am the only male. Just getting everyone to agree on a station is a major occurence. The "Best of the 80's, 90's, and Today" basically plays Pink's "U and Ur Hand," Gwen Stefani's "Sweet Escape," and this song about wanting to be a rock star like five times each a day. It's absolutely dreadful.

I have some sweet little speakers at my desk and have the PC loaded with Morrissey and Pulp just to provide some sanity...

Serenity now!

-Vaux

as a fellow 'fenixian', i feel your pain. i find myself listening to sports radio more and more. and this frightens me...

as a fellow 'fenixian', i feel your pain. i find myself listening to sports radio more and more. and this frightens me...

Expecially considering the teams that you have, Cardinals, Coyotes...:eek:

D-Backs are OK, Suns were good until last week.

I am a former Phoenixian and you are absolutely right - that station NEVER plays any Morrissey, and nor to most of the stations in the area other than 103.9 that takes "retro" requests during the lunch hour. I think in my 13 years in phx I heard "Every day is like Sunday" once - only as a request.

Since I moved to the NorthEast, I've heard Moz on the radio more than 4 or 5 times, which justified having to stay up till 1 am to watch the Suns play the Spurs in the playoffs - was that upsetting or what? :(

I'm orginally from Portland, Oregon (I mean everyone is from everywhere else in Phoenix), but found myself becoming a Sun's fan this year. They got jobbed in that series IMO.

Of course, after the Trailblazer's landed the #1 pick I find myself back to being a long suffering Blazers fan...

-Vaux

I think that Portland should take Greg Oden. But you also couldn't go wrong with Durant. It's a win-win situation.

that's funny. i moved here last year from PDX. the blazers can't go wrong with either one. and hopefully it'll turn their fortunes around and lead to a new arena one of these years...

i like the suns okay. they're an exciting team to watch. unlike the hated spurs, or any team in the east. but i can't get behind the dbacks. i find it hard to root for a team that didn't exist when i was a child. hell, didn't exist until i was in my 20's!

I should start a mid-season Morrissey-Solo fantasy baseball league. :p

Detroit. I have a shirt that says "TIGERS - I was a fan before 2006."

I actually had tix in the right-field corner for tomorrow night's game against Cleveland but found out that I can't go. :(

they looked pretty good against the angels this week. 12-0 on thursday. i'm one of those dorks that buy the mlb package on cable and sit and watch every game. the dodgers are my team, but i'll watch just about anything. i really need to get out more...

haha. how did a thread about a morrissey commercial on a phoenix radio station turn into sports talk?

That's ok, I go to sports bars and do the same thing. We get out enough. :D

Back
Top Bottom