Moz Fans Needed This Friday for Fan Documentary...

We are infamous for being apostles. Other artist have fans.

The term 'Fanatics' is often linked to the insane. We know we are not normal and are happy not to be. We didn't alienate ourselves. We already were. We are insane to no greater degree than the 'norm' but nor do we really care what others think.

Morrissey is not a football club, product, trend; political party or just a work of art. Nor is he a life or death matter; he is much more intense than that.

He is my mentor; my escapism; he is aesthetic entertainment; he generates pleasure and euphoria unsurpassed by any other. He is family.

When somebody discovers the world of Morrissey, obession can soon take over but that can grow into something more unique and stronger.

Our behaviour could be seen as extreme or abnormal. It shouldn't be. He is just Morrissey and we are just people who connected. He isn't a passing phase. He is a way and guide of living. We are well adjusted kranks. Happy to not belong. Happy to violate social normality. Unlike 'fans' of other things, his audience lack unity (in my experience). We, like Morrissey, are alone.

A lot of our time, resources and indeed our lifestyle is devouted to him because of what he gives us in return. It is fine that friends and family don't understand. It matters even less what other think. I can only hope it doesn't have too much of an impact on the man himself.

It is hard to draw the line between the portrayal of 'Morrissey' the artist and the man. The artist must promote his art and gimmicks are used as they are in all areas of entertainment. He has proven himself to be at the top of that industry but I've yet to be close enough to have a chance to really know the man himself. Still, I know I would continue to love him no matter what. He is too far ahead of every living person outside of my family to ever let me down. I have a lot to thank him for. I will forever be greatful. That is one of the reasons I focus so much of my time and resources on him. I do however understand how this hurts my friends and family. To this day and I suspect forever, I will never be able to fully gain their understanding.

Unlike a football fan (Which I fully understand as I am a passionate fan of Scottish champions (for the third year in a row) Celtic FC) or similar, our experience happens (mostly) alone. After over twenty years, this isn't a crush. To see the full picture, Kate would need to speak to his most loyal and they will very guarded.

Morrissey the 23rd (Girlunafraid and Grim have gone to bed - Lightweights).

Most of what you wrote can be true for many people with an idol. 'We' are not that special, really.

Back
Top Bottom