Moz portraits

lnathan

Passed a couple of hours doing these last night. You like?
The second one is probably my favorite photo of Morrissey ever. It's so poetic. I think it's a Linder.

Passed a couple of hours doing these last night. You like?
The second one is probably my favorite photo of Morrissey ever. It's so poetic. I think it's a Linder.
Yes, that photo is actually on the cover of Morrissey Shot. Really beautiful.

I think I recognize the first one too, it's from the Smiths days, but I can't remember exactly where from;

Yes, that photo is actually on the cover of Morrissey Shot. Really beautiful.

I think I recognize the first one too, it's from the Smiths days, but I can't remember exactly where from;

Thanks for that information. What I love about that photo is his knees just sticking up at the bottom left. Such a small detail that completely makes the picture. It is just perfectly composed.

I don't normally like to post my photo references next my portraits, but I'll make an exeption. This is the one I used for the second one. I have no idea where it is from. I had a feeling it was from Your Arsenal period, but maybe you know better.

chestymoz.jpg

Last edited:
I like your drawings, especially the second one, the photo of that is my current desktop :)

Funny, I spent last night doing a sketch of Morrissey too! Much less accomplished than yours though, it kinda resembles him if you squint from a distance... and ignore the fact he looks like he has a beard.

wow, lnathan. The pictures you have in that album are great! (so are those of LenoreTheRetroWhore!)
It's great to see how God shattered Talent all over us. (and some caught more of the pieces)

wow, lnathan. The pictures you have in that album are great! (so are those of LenoreTheRetroWhore!)
It's great to see how God shattered Talent all over us. (and some caught more of the pieces)

Thanks!

I don't know if God has anything to do with it, but Morrisseys appearance is certainly a great inspiration :)

Ok, here's my minor contribution! If this works mind you, my first go at posting an image...

Ok, here's my minor contribution! If this works mind you, my first go at posting an image...

That's really good! It's easy to see who it is. And you have been very patient with the ear. Something I always rush through, cause it's too complicated

That's really good! It's easy to see who it is. And you have been very patient with the ear. Something I always rush through, cause it's too complicated

Thanks so much, it was nice to do a sketch just for my own amusement for a change, maybe I'll spend a bit more time doing one at some point, I didn't spend long getting the proportions right. Yeah, I did the ear first and then got a bit bored by the end doing the hair as you can probably tell!

Back
Top Bottom