Moz portraits

I'm trying a small painting of Morrissey at the moment from a photo posted on one of the threads. I'll post it here if it comes out OK. I like to work in oils and use photos that are not studio or performance, but relaxed and show a particular mood or aspect of character...
I like the pictures here, thank you for sharing them, please post some more...

PS my avatar is a painting I did a few years ago.

@Inathan, that is a very interesting technique. I never would have thought of that myself! Thanks a lot... I'm much more of a conservative wannabe artist, so I could never come up with something like that myself! :D
I found a couple of pencil crayon pictures of mine.

@left out - that is a painting??? Holy cow, that's amazing! :)

Last edited:
I'm trying a small painting of Morrissey at the moment from a photo posted on one of the threads. I'll post it here if it comes out OK. I like to work in oils and use photos that are not studio or performance, but relaxed and show a particular mood or aspect of character...
I like the pictures here, thank you for sharing them, please post some more...

PS my avatar is a painting I did a few years ago.

That looks fantastic. Can you share a bigger version please?

I used to use oils, but these day I prefer acrylics for bigger paintings because I have to paint at home, and I'd rather not expose myself to those toxic fumes. And I like the fact that it dries quickly.

I hope you'll share your Moz portrait.

Those are red crosses for me. Can you try again? I'm very curious :)

Ooops, sorry about that. When I previewed the pictures, they were showing just fine. Ok, second attempt. You may find these a bit juvenile, they were actually all drawn as gifts, so not for my own pleasure. I've never tried a portrait of a real person, but now I'm really tempted...

218845241_bff369b2c7_m.jpg
256029237_92cb7b8601_m.jpg
256029226_2445d58a47_m.jpg

Last edited:

Wow! they are really good. That is your right element I can tell. They are not really my style, but they are very well executed! Especially the middle one. I tried doing something like that when I was younger, but I never got really good at it so I lost interest, hehe.

It's a good idea to try "real" portraits but I hope you won't drop the cartoony style, you're very good at it!

Here's a portrait of Morrissey I did for my art gcse last year:

Morrissey12.jpg

It doesn't look exactly like him, but I did get a really good mark for it :D.

@ Inathan - thank you very much for your words. The Wonder Woman is my fave too, and the person I gave it to has it proudly hanging on the wall. :) I'm not sure how the cartoonish style would translate into a portrait, but tell you what, ok, I'm going to try it next weekend.

Wow, I feel like I found soulmates or something... :D

@ Young Girl, I knew right away this was Morrissey, so you did a great job, very good likeness. :o I like the hands and the hair very much.

@ Inathan - thank you very much for your words. The Wonder Woman is my fave too, and the person I gave it to has it proudly hanging on the wall. :) I'm not sure how the cartoonish style would translate into a portrait, but tell you what, ok, I'm going to try it next weekend.

Great! Can't wait to see it :)

Here's a portrait of Morrissey I did for my art gcse last year:

Morrissey12.jpg

It doesn't look exactly like him, but I did get a really good mark for it :D.

That is very nice indeed. The details on the hands looks really good, and the likenes is great. It's easy to see who it is.

Wow, they're gorgeous!
All of you should submit your work to the forum gallery.
:)

Thanks for your advice and the link :)

Here’s a couple of pencil/charcoal drawings I did of Moz a couple of months ago, which I’d like to try and redo in pen.

They are gorgeuse!
And they would look great in pen. Looking forward to see it :)

@ Tbevie, those drawings are great. Very very good likeness. I like the moodiness of them both. By the way, can you explain what do you mean to do them by pen? Just like any ordinary pen? I think they look great as they are at the moment, but I'm not an expert. It would be great to see the difference between the two styles on the same picture.

@Inathan, I think Kewpie meant the forum picture gallery where pictures of Moz are gathered. Maybe there should be a fan art folder or something. :)

I dunno why, but I really like Morrissey's nose... and in your second picture, Tbevie, you showed it perfectly. Silly I know!

@ Tbevie, those drawings are great. Very very good likeness. I like the moodiness of them both. By the way, can you explain what do you mean to do them by pen? Just like any ordinary pen? I think they look great as they are at the moment, but I'm not an expert. It would be great to see the difference between the two styles on the same picture.

Thanks Blue Dress I'm glad you like them :)

I'd like to draw them in pen, in the style of lnathan's brilliant drawings, at the beginning of this post. I've tried to draw and shade with pen in the past but I haven’t been very successful. So I thought because these are the two latest drawings that I’ve done I'd try and redo them both in pen.

If I’m successful I'll be sure to post them here. I agree it would be interesting to see the difference in the two styles.

Thanks you again for your kind comments ;)

Back
Top Bottom