Moz shows off his For Britain badge last night

full

Original video (#3):

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't really matter if it's the exact badge from the For Britain store, he knows what it stands for and that's why he's wearing it. Maybe he thinks if it's not the exact badge, there's some wiggle room and he can get away with it. He knows what he's doing.
It's apparently not the exact badge from the For Britain store so it doesn't represent them.
With all the Moz stalkers you would think one of them could have gotten a clear photo.
It suits some people to present him in simplistic terms like racist based on inaccuracies and subjective interpretations. Maybe that's his point in wearing the badge.
Freedom of speech. Freedom as an artist.
Or maybe he is a paid up member of for britain, though I doubt it..
He has never 100% given his allegiance to anyone except animals. That's the only issue on which he is consistent.

It's California SON not SUN, like the son of California. Get it delusional loonies? The California Son was born in the f***ing San Fernando Valley, not Mankchaster. He is not Brittish, but he needs to keep you KFC McDonalds eating Nike and Under Armour wearing lazy in bred foreigners engaged so you will keep the mporium uk the highest selling merch website for a living pop star mate tit c*** wacker camden chipper curry inn nnnn nn n nnn n n nnn n nnn n it.

Moderators...as there now seems doubt that this was actually a For Britain badge in the first place, title of thread should perhaps be changed???
It doesn't look like the political badge, not identical anyway.
Yes, we're still waiting for that close up of mozs badge. The money shot.... Anyone? No?
10 pages based on a blurry image. Interesting.

Morrissey is an unrepentant knob. I speak as someone who has actively and intensively followed his career since the days of The Smiths, attending over 90 gigs worldwide. Those days ended when he asked us to vote for these bigoted goons and voiced sympathy for Robinson. A man who’d previously told us not to vote!

I hear the voices who say that he has a right to his opinion and that we should separate the artist from his art. However, I believe that most people were initially attracted to Morrissey because of his words. I was. I could never stand in front of him in appreciation ever again. Why? Because of his words.

I know it’s over. He wears his “For Britain” badge when ironically British fans have never been so against Morrissey. Go out for a drink in Manchester, in the bars playing decent music. Whenever Morrissey comes up in conversation, people speak of once revering him. Practically everyone has rejected him.

What a racist f***nuckle he is. And backing a winning team too, just look at the spectacular result in the one by-election they've contested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47786885

“There must be no question of our being hustled or seduced into declarations affecting British sovereignty in any of the Dominions or Colonies. Pray remember my declaration against liquidating the British Empire… ‘Hands off the British Empire’ is our maxim and it must not be weakened or smirched to please sob-stuff merchants at home or foreigners of any hue.” -Winston Churchill

Morrissey is an unrepentant knob. I speak as someone who has actively and intensively followed his career since the days of The Smiths, attending over 90 gigs worldwide. Those days ended when he asked us to vote for these bigoted goons and voiced sympathy for Robinson. A man who’d previously told us not to vote!

I hear the voices who say that he has a right to his opinion and that we should separate the artist from his art. However, I believe that most people were initially attracted to Morrissey because of his words. I was. I could never stand in front of him in appreciation ever again. Why? Because of his words.

I know it’s over. He wears his “For Britain” badge when ironically British fans have never been so against Morrissey. Go out for a drink in Manchester, in the bars playing decent music. Whenever Morrissey comes up in conversation, people speak of once revering him. Practically everyone has rejected him.

Great post

It’s crazy the way so many people get so worked up about this. It’s really not a big deal unless you want it to be, and if it is a big deal to you then it’s simple - walk away.
I don’t particularly agree with a lot of his political views, I also am a heathen meat eater and none of his vegetarian views particularly speak to me. But it just...doesn’t matter? I tune out when it’s not for me and if it became too much that I just couldn’t stomach any more I’d walk away like I’ve done with other bands where their personal views/actions clashed too much with mine. This weird obsession with riding him into the ground and being glued to everything he says and does if all you get from it is negativity is strange and I know some here do it because it serves and ulterior motive - the faux outrage at him really just is any excuse to carry on old grudges.

But really, in the end he’s just a dude with a view. The guy that came around to fix my heating might vote conservative, the girl who served me at the check out might deny climate change...but I still used and appreciated their service because ultimately, their view doesn’t matter to me. Morrissey’s voice and music still works for me, it still provides me with something fulfilling and so that is what matters. If that stopped being the case, I’d walk away. Similarly, if his views got to a point where they were affecting me negatively, I’d walk away. Ultimately, if his views upset you that much it’s your issue.

Beautifully articulated - thank you. The relentless, obsessive negativity of a handful of people on here is just so life-suckingly dull and a sure-fire sign of mental illness.

Morrissey has forgotten that he is actually Irish. Or was?

I actually believe he is almost certainly Finnished!

It's apparently not the exact badge from the For Britain store so it doesn't represent theme.
With all the Moz stalkers you would think one of them could have gotten a clear photo.
It suits some people to present him in simplistic terms like racist based on inaccuracies and subjective interpretations. Maybe that's his point in wearing the badge.
Freedom of speech. Freedom as an artist.
Or maybe he is a paid up member of for britain, though I doubt it..
He has never 100% given his allegiance to anyone except animals. That's the only issue on which he is consistent.

You obviously missed his statement in early 2018 where he clearly and unequivocally gave his support to For Britain including, frighteningly, likening their leader to Thatcher, and urging everyone else to support them too. Chilling stuff.

Strange: I’m from Manchester, and this isn’t my experience. Nevertheless, I recognise if you discount my experience you would be right on the nail.

Of course it’s a For Britain badge! I can’t believe that there is even a debate about this! He has expressed his support for them and their cronies many times, and it makes no difference where or not it is the exact same one currently being sold on their web store. He supports a fascist political group and many of you are either still in denial, or also support those views, otherwise you would be as horrified as someone like me.
30714580_1994321710885084_580532454314475520_n.jpg

Of course it’s a For Britain badge! I can’t believe that there is even a debate about this! He has expressed his support for them and their cronies many times, and it makes no difference where or not it is the exact same one currently being sold on their web store. He supports a fascist political group and many of you are either still in denial, or also support those views, otherwise you would be as horrified as someone like me.
30714580_1994321710885084_580532454314475520_n.jpg

Yes, but you're making such an odd assumption here, that we're all the same. We're not. The world is nuanced, which makes it fun!

I'm not in denial, he clearly does support this political party.
I don't support those views, at all.
I'm not horrified. A bit sad, yes, because his music means so much to me - but not horrified at all.

See: we're all different! Yay!!

Strange: I’m from Manchester, and this isn’t my experience. Nevertheless, I recognise if you discount my experience you would be right on the nail.

I didn’t discount your experience, as to do that I would have had to have known it! This is 100% my experience. I initially thought that it was just a small number of conscience led fans who had voted with their feet, but I was taken aback at the number of people who proclaimed to me that they are ex-Morrissey fans.

He sold 400 tickets to Castlefield Arena. I’m not even sure if that was 400 per night, or over the two? That’s a complete nosedive.

Tags
for britain

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom