Moz writes open letter to Australian Deputy PM about live animal export - PETA Australia

Posted today via peta.org.au:

Morrissey Asks Barnaby Joyce: Stop the Live-Export ‘Slow Boat to Hell’ - PETA Australia

As Morrissey wraps up his Australian tour, the music legend and animal advocate fired off a letter to Barnaby Joyce, Australia’s Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources and Deputy Prime Minister, urging him to put “the live-export industry out of its misery”.

Read Morrissey's letter (PDF)

39297_Morrissey-Letter-to-Barnaby-Joyce-PETA.png

UPDATE 9:40PM PT:

Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Morrissey to Barnaby Joyce: 'If meat is murder, live export is the slow boat to hell' - The Guardian

Includes response from Barnaby Joyce via Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play to the guys response. No mealy mouthed politicians crap. Straight down the line. I don't like it but I respect his honesty.

Morrissey damaged his argument with the red(der) face nasty jibe.

It's almost as if Morrissey has no idea about how to get along/win people over...

But he did get publicity though I wonder if that was the game all along...

This won't matter with 20 years, plant based 'meats' are getting better and better with far less (if any health related issues.) And for those who insist on the 'real thing' mass produced meat grown from cells is only a few decades away as well. Then what will Barnaby do? LOL

Profits more important than animal suffering and murder, he sounds proud of it, asshole!

god, he's an unattractive man, though. looking up pictures of him just now (just to see exactly how red his face is) brought to mind descriptions of the pilgrims from the canterbury tales. i bet he even has carbuncles.

It's difficult to express to those who do not live in Australia just how much of a scumbag Joyce is.

At every turn, he has cackled his way through injustice after injustice in the name of protecting the "battlers" of our country - despite the overwhelming majority of Australia s being regularly disgusted by the realities of live export.

Our previous Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, was a close ally of Joyce's and a certain Mr Murdoch. He succeeded in lowering the national conversation on virtually all counts by politicising issues of conscience like this and climate change. God knows how far these men have set us back.

Don't be fooled by Joyce's 'matter of fact' tone - it's his schtick. He performs for the rougher element amongst us, the working class, in order to appear all folsky and larrikin-like, much like a certain potential despot in the States currently running for office.

Joyce knows about Morrissey, he would've had this response prepared a couple of years ago. People like Joyce think they have Moz's number, but they're wrong. They also think that their lies and thuggery will prevail. They're wrong again. What's tragic is the suffering that has been made inevitable during their ugly little reign.

Joyce is the lowest of the low. We need to be grateful for people like Moz for standing up to him and challenging him publicly - something which our own media constantly ail to do effectively.

Bravo.

It's the same argument that the Baird Gov't in NSW Wales uses to defend it's backflip on abolishing the greyhound 'industry'. Any families that profit from cruelty to animals need to change the businesses they are in. Maybe they can grow crops or help the homeless?

Historically the greatest evil minds have tried to justify the greatest atrocities (killings, slavery, colonization, bombing, genocides). Australian PM added his name to the fiendish list.
List of the lost.

Last edited:
Better boycott Australia now -- can't leave Canada alone on that list. Or is the Australian touring market too lucrative, Steven?

Better boycott Australia now -- can't leave Canada alone on that list. Or is the Australian touring market too lucrative, Steven?
Think Moz can only spread the word on these terrible things, if he was to boycott every country with issues relating to mistreatment of animals, where exactly would be left to go to? The whole world needs to be made aware of exactly whats going on with livestock in slaughter houses, its hidden as best it can be by those who take big profits from the meat industry. I speak as someone who was maybe middle of the road on eating meat, considered it to be cruel but believed we needed meat to survive. I am now over 2 years vegetarian, was difficult at first, but theirs no way I would consume meat again, once you have the diet right its easy and better for you. I can see the meat industry falling one momentous day, hopefully that day is sooner rather than later.

When PETA calls for a boycott he boycotts. He didn't just decide one day to boycott Canada. Boycotting an entire country might be something they want to rethink anyway.

I'm sure these were the similar arguments during the last days of the slave trade. Farmers can take a running jump. Making money on the imprisonment and death of an animal is not what I would call a service to society. Humanity is (hopefully) moving beyond that.
I agree totally, I was looking for a comparison in history, like the fall of the Berlin wall I thought, but the slave trade is the perfect comparison, the more people who show opposition makes the minority bigger and eventually the wall breaks down, its foundations rotten to the core!!

Fair play to the guys response. No mealy mouthed politicians crap. Straight down the line. I don't like it but I respect his honesty.

Morrissey damaged his argument with the red(der) face nasty jibe.

It's almost as if Morrissey has no idea about how to get along/win people over...

But he did get publicity though I wonder if that was the game all along...

" Morrissey damaged his argument with the red(der) face nasty jibe. "

^^ THIS ^^
As if he already knows it is useless he undermined his own important message. Which it still is.

Now you get all these miserable reactions leading to him as a person and NOT to the issue itself. Like it happened before.

I don't know why he does that. I think it is part of his strategy but I think he would get more support from people who now resent him and therefore his message.

He could influence many peoples opinions (meateaters a lot) by addressing it without that jibe to that despicable person.
Yours Sincerely, is strange after that jab.
Oh Moz

Barnaby Joyce is a f***ing tool of the highest order.

Morrissey doesn't have much luck with people named Joyce does he?

" Morrissey damaged his argument with the red(der) face nasty jibe. "

^^ THIS ^^
As if he already knows it is useless he undermined his own important message. Which it still is.

Now you get all these miserable reactions leading to him as a person and NOT to the issue itself. Like it happened before.

I don't know why he does that. I think it is part of his strategy but I think he would get more support from people who now resent him and therefore his message.

He could influence many peoples opinions (meateaters a lot) by addressing it without that jibe to that despicable person.
Yours Sincerely, is strange after that jab.
Oh Moz

Obviously he suffers a skin condition. It is not about who he is, it's about what he does as a politician. He doesn't seem to care about animal suffering, he just justifies it by economical reasons and it seems that for him there's no possibilities of progress towards a situation where animals receive a better treatment. Always there's space to improve in all kind of situations with true will and hard work. If a politician doesn't believe in the possibility of changing things for the better, even at a slow but steady pace, he shouldn't be there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom