Moz writes open letter to Australian Deputy PM about live animal export - PETA Australia

Posted today via peta.org.au:

Morrissey Asks Barnaby Joyce: Stop the Live-Export ‘Slow Boat to Hell’ - PETA Australia

As Morrissey wraps up his Australian tour, the music legend and animal advocate fired off a letter to Barnaby Joyce, Australia’s Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources and Deputy Prime Minister, urging him to put “the live-export industry out of its misery”.

Read Morrissey's letter (PDF)

39297_Morrissey-Letter-to-Barnaby-Joyce-PETA.png

UPDATE 9:40PM PT:

Link posted by Uncleskinny:

Morrissey to Barnaby Joyce: 'If meat is murder, live export is the slow boat to hell' - The Guardian

Includes response from Barnaby Joyce via Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok enough is enough of all this gimmick shit now ! There's a new kid on the block and he's got a right riveting read out on Thusday called Set the Boy Free :guitar::ahhh::guitar::ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

for some reason that arms waving smiley is so much funnier when benny uses it than when anyone else does. i dont know why. it's the oddest thing. sometimes i just sit there mesmerized by his use of smileys.

for some reason that arms waving smiley is so much funnier when benny uses it than when anyone else does. i dont know why. it's the oddest thing. sometimes i just sit there mesmerized by his use of smileys.

Yes. It's true.
I agree with you on that.
He is like an artist with them.
And, like smileys can be used to say something instead of using words he does it perfectly well.

Unfortunately when I thanked him for providing very interesting info on Diana Dors, I made a crucial typo due to autocorrect function and as his name is with BB and BrummieBoy as well, I addressed him as BrummieBoy. :mad: :sick:

He replied with WTF and some strategically placed smileys.
Which was funny in itself but I hated myself for making that typo.

I guess he hates me now, but he did not put me in the category munchkins, or mushrooms yet. Not important enough, ha.
Oh well, I'll get over it, I guess.

Yes. It's true.
I agree with you on that.
And, like smileys can be used to say something instead of using words he does it perfectly well.

Unfortunately when I thanked him for providing very interesting info on Diana Dors, I made a crucial typo due to autocorrect function and as his name is with BB and BrummieBoy as well, I addressed him as BrummieBoy. :mad: :sick:

He replied with WTF and some strategically placed smileys.
Which was funny in itself but I hated myself for making that typo.

I guess he hates me now, but he did not put me in the category munchkins, or mushrooms yet. Not important enough, ha.
Oh well, I'll get over it, I guess.
i doubt if he hates you! i dont sense any great hate from benny, and anyway, how could anyone hate you, gerrit?!
ha, i was going to say the same thing! :D

i doubt if he hates you! i dont sense any great hate from benny, and anyway, how could anyone hate you, gerrit?!

ha, i was going to say the same thing! :D

it's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate it's so easy to throw the word 'artist' around and in these last posts... misplaced! ;)

it's so easy to laugh it's so easy to hate it's so easy to throw the word 'artist' around and in these last posts... misplaced! ;)

I think you are wrong.
Don't take the word artist literary.
If I would say great talent would you object too? Cause Benny, whatever he may write, and I don't agree with him a lot, has that talent and I consider him to be funny.

By the way the original meaning of the word talent was stone tablet. The bigger and heavier the talent the harder it was to carry around with you, all your life. But the stronger you were if you did.

I think you are wrong.
Don't take the word artist literary.
If I would say great talent would you object too? Cause Benny, whatever he may write, and I don't agree with him a lot, has that talent and I consider him to be funny.

By the way the original meaning of the word talent was stone tablet. The bigger and heavier the talent the harder it was to carry around with you, all your life. But the stronger you were if you did.

So not literal then ? o.k.

I just reread your post and you did write 'like an artist' which I should have read as 'not an artist' well in that case... not misplaced. :cool:

Yet he had a much more intelligent reply.

No physical put-downs.
Yeah that's the method one gauges intelligence, whether or not they add an insult while conversing on twitter. Never mind what he actually said.

Do you really think Morrissey was crossing his fingers while waiting for a heartfelt and caring response. It was a 'call out'.

Um. Morrissey was making an emotional appeal rather than a rational argument, and adding a personal insult kind of undermines his request for kindness and compassion.

Last edited:
...it's so easy to throw the word 'artist' around...

I feel the same way. In particular, I hate it when grown-ups refer to their favourite pop stars as "artists" to try to dignify their continuing fandom; something proper people outgrow by about their mid-twenties.

Um. Morrissey was making an emotional appeal rather than a rational argument, and adding a personal insult kind of undermines his request for kindness and compassion.

Agreed.

His letter was intended only to maintain/raise his own profile. He's prone to that kind of thing.

I feel the same way. In particular, I hate it when grown-ups refer to their favourite pop stars as "artists" to try to dignify their continuing fandom; something proper people outgrow by about their mid-twenties.
Go back and read the posts. They weren't referring to Morrissey re the word artist at all. They were talking about a forum poster called benny and his use of, um... humour for want of a better word.

I'm glad I'm not one of these so called proper people you speak of.

Not when it is about Morrissey.
Not when it is about Benny too.
As a matter of fact not when it comes to other popstars too.
The thing is, they create something.
From scratch or whatever.
For which category of people you think is the word artist justified?
And which can be used after your mid-twenties?
Why is something you call bad art suddenly no longer art?
And what shall I call it than?

Well, to me M is an ARTIST so few these days. But then again, I'm not of the 'proper people' camp.

Go back and read the posts. They weren't referring to Morrissey re the word artist at all. They were talking about a forum poster called benny and his use of, um... humour for want of a better word.

I know they weren't referring to Morrissey. I was.

I'm glad I'm not one of these so called proper people you speak of.

You still love your favourite celebrity. Well done.

Not when it is about Morrissey.
Not when it is about Benny too.
As a matter of fact not when it comes to other popstars too.
The thing is, they create something.
From scratch or whatever.
For which category of people you think is the word artist justified?
And which can be used after your mid-twenties?
Why is something you call bad art suddenly no longer art?
And what shall I call it than?

He is, and makes, commercial product to be sold to you by the entertainment industry. At least, that was until he and his songs stopped being commercially viable.

(Incidentally, can I just explain: you don't need to take a new line for every sentence.)

He is, and makes, commercial product to be sold to you by the entertainment industry. At least, that was until he and his songs stopped being commercially viable.

was he ever 'commercially viable' ? I don't think it's up to the public to make that decision. It's the music industry that decides what they are going to push,promote and put money into to to make it 'popular'.

(Incidentally, can I just explain: you don't need to take a new line for every sentence.)
Every artist makes something you can buy with money. Do you think painters, photographers, film makers and sculptors give their creations away for free? That's some interesting logic you have there.

You should be excited though because it's clear you have a lot to learn. Now go on get out there and soak it up :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom