Moz's Potty Mouth

clarke41

I was listening to "How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel" for the first time in a while today and I was struck by the profanity (I've had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit and I do not like it). I love that line by the way, but it just seems a bit unmozzy sometimes. I can't think of any other songs that he uses profanity, are there any?

I was listening to "How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel" for the first time in a while today and I was struck by the profanity (I've had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit and I do not like it). I love that line by the way, but it just seems a bit unmozzy sometimes. I can't think of any other songs that he uses profanity, are there any?

the world is full of crashing bores "No it's just more lock jawed pop stars
Thicker than pig shit"

yes, I remember thinking the same. Works though :D

ha i like the title of this thread Morrissey has a potty mouth.

yes, he does swear a lot on 'you are the quarry'. May be, he wanted one of them 'parental warnings' on his cd; and that picture of him and that machine gun....that would be like, "well sick" "in't"

"potty mouth"? kinky! fkn hell, he's come a long way since being celibate!

what a dirty boy.

ha i like the title of this thread Morrissey has a potty mouth.

yes, he does swear a lot on 'you are the quarry'. May be, he wanted one of them 'parental warnings' on his cd; and that picture of him and that machine gun....that would be like, "well sick" "in't"

"spineless bastards all" from the early days

cossy

So sorry just woke up and typed the wrong song! I meant Tony The Pony.

ok mate.....can't remember the lyrics. wait here: google=

'There's a free ride on
f***ed-up Tony '

oh yes mr morrissey is a bad boy:D

I'm not perfectly sure (I was asking about this in another thread but I cant find it right now) but it sounds very much like Morrissey's voice giggling "..f***ing hell.." at the end of "I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong".

I get more frustrated when he uses bad grammar, there is no reason for it at all.

Kumo

I `av to say as much as I adore most of Moz`s songs and especially luv iz "real lyrics" I do feel a song is rather spoilt when its got "shit" in it.Maybe its me posh upbringin` or summit.:o

I'm not perfectly sure (I was asking about this in another thread but I cant find it right now) but it sounds very much like Morrissey's voice giggling "..f***ing hell.." at the end of "I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong".

What we hear at the end of that song is Vini Reilly saying "When they're duff, they really are f***ing duff." referring to his missed note.

Peter

What we hear at the end of that song is Vini Reilly saying "When they're duff, they really are f***ing duff." referring to his missed note.

Peter

but it's morrissey laughing isn't it?

I have a live bootleg of him performing the world is full of crashing bores and after the song he says something along the lines of "if you know the state of modern music today it is full of crashing bores, f*** 'em f*** 'em"

I know what you mean. I've never heard Moz curse in any of his songs or ever. That's the first time I heard him in "How can anybody possibly know how I feel". I had to rewind it to make sure it really did say what I think he said. But I'm perfectly fine with it! It makes me feel like I could relate to him more as a person. "I had my face dragged in 15 miles of shit, and I do not like it." Who can't relate to that??

Back
Top Bottom