Murray Chalmers briefly talks about Morrissey, Courtney Love on the Four Marys (The Courier)

Stan writes:

Murray Chalmers has a rather obscure mention of M in his recent column for The Courier, a newspaper that covers East Scotland.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/unc...ste-of-nostalgic-food-memories-as-2021-looms/

Excerpt:

"It’s nothing to reminisce fondly about but we were very poor, so poor that our neighbours would give me comics when their own kids had finished with them.

Their children were all girls though so, even now, what I can’t tell you about the Cathy and Claire column in Jackie and the Four Marys in Bunty just isn’t worth remembering. (Incidentally, when I used to work with Morrissey, I once proudly told him the above fact and he told me that Courtney Love was also an expert on the Four Marys. I have no idea how the Marys crossed the Atlantic or how they affected Courtney’s music, lyrics or lifestyle but am glad to share such an arcane knowledge with such an esteemed rocker.)"

remember the bunty well and jackie of course,having five sisters these mags were always lying around,was produced by d c thompson in dundee.
there was a famous issue in 1987 where they had a deadly outbreak in the year 2020,must have had a crystal ball.anyone who has see M in dundee would have seen desperate dans statue.

Poor Murray. His poor old cat, Simone, was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week, and given just weeks to live. Now back home for love and cuddles until the end.

🖤

:cry::cryingcat:

She clearly knows she's loved.

One of my bunnies died in my arms in summer 2019, it was the saddest of moments, but I was so glad that I could be with her...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom