Music Week: "Johnny Marr signs new worldwide album deal with BMG" (August 3, 2021)

Good news for Johnny

The very same BMG that dropped Morrissey

RB6emZv.jpg

Shouldn't that say re-signed?

The company has represented the former Smiths guitarist as a songwriter for a number of years, publishing his last three solo albums: 2013’s ‘The Messenger’, 2014’s ‘Playland’ and 2018’s ‘Call The Comet’.

Johnny Marr announces new album deal with BMG
FWD.

The company has represented the former Smiths guitarist as a songwriter for a number of years, publishing his last three solo albums: 2013’s ‘The Messenger’, 2014’s ‘Playland’ and 2018’s ‘Call The Comet’.

FWD.
Could it be the difference between representing him as a songwriter before and now as an artist? And his records will no longer be on his New Voodoo label.

FWD.

I thought he was with Warner previously, although Warner is a distributor fro BMG?

I thought he was with Warner previously, although Warner is a distributor fro BMG?

They've distributed/manufactured his music for ages.
I was trying to interject the idea that it wasn't really a story involving Morrissey (or some huge snub etc), as Marr clearly had some form of relationship with them for a long period of time. To wit: the NME article was included as it managed to not mention Morrissey at all for once :)
FWD.

Happy for Johnny. His solo albums, although not perfect, have all showed he still got it as a songwriter and a musician.

:lbf:
FFS they ve distributed his sucky cds for ages.:handpointleft:
he continues to make the cds in the basement and
gets 0 money from BMG:lbf: record the sucky cds
in the laundry room.:lbf:
its sad the simpleton state of the :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: docile trolls.
the katastrofa continues.:hammer:

Somewhere in a Hollywood studio Alain gets the order to turn the volume of his guitar up to 1 1, on a scale from 1 to 10 t!

Happy for Johnny. His solo albums, although not perfect, have all showed he still got it as a songwriter and a musician.

Salsa, dont be so docile. o_O
every time :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: goes on a blog he clanks out of tune FFS
and his songs are about hi hello hello hi:hammer:

Yep don’t get too excited Morrissey haters, FWD is right, it should say Marr has been resigned with BMG

which should come as no surprise, as Marr is a very nice person that makes very safe music and when BMG says ‘jump!’ Marr asks ‘how high?’

:cool:

Edit: Aw, the Morrissey haters don’t like my post. :oops:

Last edited:

Yep don’t get too excited Morrissey haters, FWD is right, it should say Marr has been resigned with BMG

which should come as no surprise, as Marr is a very nice person that makes very safe music and when BMG says ‘jump!’ Marr asks ‘how high?’

Yep, people buy his music so they resigned him.

Well, one could only hope that BMG quietly resigns Morrissey too:)

I don’t think Morrissey’s music is the problem. Alain’s tunes are as safe as Johnny’s, and the same pretty much holds for the other co- writers. And this is not a criticism. But is any record company willing to release an album that takes its title from the MEN arena bombing ?

Yep, people buy his music so they resigned him.

Of course people buy his music, people by music by ‘artists’ like Lady Gaga, etc

Does that mean it’s actually good?

No.

Surface, we’ve been through this a million times, record, ticket sales, popularity does not mean the artist is an Artist or creates good music.

I’m happy for Johnny, he’s a family man paying the bills, it’s a job for him.

Of course people buy his music, people by music by ‘artists’ like Lady Gaga, etc

Does that mean it’s actually good?

No.

Surface, we’ve been through this a million times, record, ticket sales, popularity does not mean the artist is an Artist or creates good music.

I’m happy for Johnny, he’s a family man paying the bills, it’s a job for him.

It's not good in your opinion, clearly it is to some people.

Tags
bmg johnny mar
Back
Top Bottom