'My love, I'd do anything for you' - first impressions?

Maurice E Maher

Missed the show but this new song appears to have been aired for the first time.
Any thoughts/info on the words/music?
Seems to have been pretty well received from the few comments I've read...

Judging from the title I thought it'd be a much softer song, a ballad like "Home Is A Question Mark." It's not that.
There's also a line in it about 'mainstream media,' because he didn't sufficiently cover that in "Spent the Day in Bed."

Judging from the title I thought it'd be a much softer song, a ballad like "Home Is A Question Mark." It's not that.
There's also a line in it about 'mainstream media,' because he didn't sufficiently cover that in "Spent the Day in Bed."

Interesting, thanks. It looks like it was written by Lopez who I think is Morrissey's bass player.
He also wrote the music to 'Home is a Question Mark' which is currently people's favourite of the 6 new songs (previewed before tonight) by some margin. Reading lots of positive stuff about this new one, too.
Has Morrissey found himself a genius new songwriter?

I liked it and am curious as to what it'll sound like on record. As an album opener it made me think of ringleaders far off places. Not the song really but just having the album open with a big loud booming dynamic song. Certainly not what I expected. Song by mando but Jesse seemed really into playing it

I liked it and am curious as to what it'll sound like on record. As an album opener it made me think of ringleaders far off places. Not the song really but just having the album open with a big loud booming dynamic song. Certainly not what I expected. Song by mando but Jesse seemed really into playing it

Yes, it made me think of "Far off Places" as well... Only better... Can't wait to hear the album version... This is all very exciting!!:)

I though it was very fun listening to something different....I kept hearing this in my opening in my head

Someone's kindly put it up on YouTube.

It's just a messy noise.

And to cap it off the vocalist is not animal friendly and wears a virgin wool and cashmere cardigan.
"We know him well " alright :rolleyes:
Blood on his hands !

#Boycott Low In High School

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

1. My love, I'd do anything for you
2. I wish you lonely
3. Jackie's only happy when she's up on the stage.

That's an angry opening three album tracks. Love it.

Listening over it again, something about the chorus riff put me in the mind of "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side," and now I'm musing over how Mick Ronson might have produced this number.

Were they aiming for a re-make of the Dr Who tune, but with Jesse Tobias power chords?

1. My love, I'd do anything for you
2. I wish you lonely
3. Jackie's only happy when she's up on the stage.

That's an angry opening three album tracks. Love it.

Yeah. Honestly though this makes me wonder what I bury the living is gonna be like. As a seven min song in the middle of the album it's gonna be a statement song of some sort and I wonder now if the album will build to a big loud song like in southpaw

Listening over it again, something about the chorus riff put me in the mind of "You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side," and now I'm musing over how Mick Ronson might have produced this number.

Mick Ronson would have thrown it to the bin! This song is an absolute disgrace.

Interesting, thanks. It looks like it was written by Lopez who I think is Morrissey's bass player.
He also wrote the music to 'Home is a Question Mark' which is currently people's favourite of the 6 new songs (previewed before tonight) by some margin. Reading lots of positive stuff about this new one, too.
Has Morrissey found himself a genius new songwriter?

A genius ? Are you serious? I thought that with your pseudo you had taste....Lopez is a car crash ( with a lawnmower)
I'm starting to regret Jesse's compositions ....
This album is going to be the road to hell

Back
Top Bottom