"My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst" by Joshua Surtees - The Guardian

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

Then, finally, a breakthrough came. GQ, the well-respected, glossy men’s mag, said that if Morrissey agreed to a full interview, it would publish it. It seemed the perfect fit. Everything was in place. I got my US work visa, agreed to Morrissey’s amended timetable – not the first week of the tour as first promised, but the final date at the Hollywood Bowl.

And then? Morrissey refused to grant an interview.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

full

Related items:

Oh well, such is life. That you in the "t-shirt", Morrissey? Photo entitled, "Winning in your hometown."

Saying that immigrants are filthy & multiplying isn't an argument. It's just abusive & inaccurate.

I'm on the centre-Left. I'm against Identity politics.
You still sound like you have no experience of the reality of the downsides of mass immigration. You sound like you are talking from an ideological belief in 'anti-racism'. But cosy and warm ideologies often fall apart when met with brutal realities.

So, the guy that climbed on stage during a Morrissey gig. Wait a minute. Let me start that again.

So, the black guy that climbed on stage during a Morrissey gig, helped up by Morrissey, if I remember correctly, who then hugged Morrissey while, again, if I remember correctly, Morrissey held his hand, and, years later, accused Morrissey of being racist, is disappointed that Morrissey refused to give him an interview.

LOL
Love the way Morrissey got his own back on this Guardian reading fool.

Don't f*** with the Moz!

Saying that immigrants are filthy & multiplying isn't an argument. It's just abusive & inaccurate.

I'm on the centre-Left. I'm against Identity politics.

What I stated wasn't 'an argument' & wasn't intended to be. It's fact if you could only see beyond your nose.

Centre left?
Is that really a position?
Really?

You haughtily dismissed somebody's very real and passionate feelings and genuine concerns.

This is what the scumbag anti-tolerant liberal left do. Just admit your mistake and we'll move on.

I hope this (your response) is a mistake quoting my post to him/her..when yr response was meant for 'nerak'?

A

Anyone who erroneously thinka For Britain is a "far right" or "white supremacist" party needs to read this. It's written by the party's deputy chair Khadija Adam who is a female Muslim, and it clearly states their aims - which are very centrist rather than extreme.

It is far right.

And I feel deeply sorry that a lesbian & an ex-Muslim have got themselves so paranoid that they think it's possible for Islamism to take over the UK. It doesn't have the numbers (her stats are ridiculous) or the clout. It has no central authority, there's no Empire. There's no significant opposition to our laws or institutions.

It's like the people who thought we had to keep the Irish out or we'd be ruled by the Vatican. We didn't & we're not.

All that's happening is that we have a few liberals being overly nice about Islam & a few hard lefties who have kept their connections in countries like Iran. The rhetoric might be infuriating, but it's nothing more than that.

Poor Moz, if he doesn't distance himself from that Islamophobic madness, he's very unlikely to escape the fascist accusations, even if it is just an overreaction to Islamic State & Halal slaughter. Someone who loves him & is sane needs to talk him out of his support for For Britain. It's not worth the loss of reputation.

And so folks back to the real world... The end of a massive tour, Canada back in the bosses good books, with money from the tour going to animal charities. Interpol survive intact and have been well received, Moz now a hippy , needs to get back to ye olde England for a good clip out, or short back and sides as I remember it being called... The guardian has been shafted both by moz and his manager.... god help us now with the shit they will now throw... overall the last couple of months have been a complete ball for those of us who choose to be in the land of Morrissey.. god bless the band.... VIVA THE MORRISSEY

It is far right.

And I feel deeply sorry that a lesbian & an ex-Muslim have got themselves so paranoid that they think it's possible for Islamism to take over the UK. It doesn't have the numbers (her stats are ridiculous) or the clout. It has no central authority, there's no Empire. There's no significant opposition to our laws or institutions.

It's like the people who thought we had to keep the Irish out or we'd be ruled by the Vatican. We didn't & we're not.

All that's happening is that we have a few liberals being overly nice about Islam & a few hard lefties who have kept their connections in countries like Iran. The rhetoric might be infuriating, but it's nothing more than that.

Poor Moz, if he doesn't distance himself from that Islamophobic madness, he's very unlikely to escape the fascist accusations, even if it is just an overreaction to Islamic State & Halal slaughter. Someone who loves him & is sane needs to talk him out of his support for For Britain. It's not worth the loss of reputation.

You must live in a very white and moneyed area untouched by mass immigration - as demographic reality seems alien to you.

For Britain is centrist in that it only wants to adopt a 'sensible' immigration policy by simply reducing immigration. I would go much further. I would halt and reverse immigration by sending people back to their homelands - where they can take their vibrant talents with them.

I am not a centrist - which is why I personally wouldn't vote for a party as soft and mediocre as FB.

I would only ever vote for a group that kicks arse.

Last edited:
It is far right.

Islamophobia madness? Are you that blind? FFS. Twats like you boil my blood.

It is far right.

What's immigration from Ireland got to do with global mass immigration? Ireland and Britain are neighbours with virtually identical cultures and their descendants assimilate seamlessly.

You've got a lot to learn. Maybe you should have a long think.

You must live in a very white and moneyed area untouched by mass immigration - as demographic reality seems alien to you.

For Britain is centrist in that it only wants to adopt a 'sensible' immigration policy by simply reducing immigration. I would go much further. I would halt and reverse immigration by sending people back to their homelands - where they can take their vibrant talents with them.

I am not a centrist - which is why I personally wouldn't vote for a party as soft and mediocre as FB.

I'm from Glasgow & I live in London. We try, but sadly we haven't outnumbered the English yet.

What's immigration from Ireland got to do with global mass immigration? Ireland and Britain are neighbours with virtually identical cultures and their descendants assimilate seamlessly.

You've got a lot to learn. Maybe you should have a long think.

Yes, Reel, The Reformation caused absolutely no bloodshed & the English & Irish have always got on fabulously.

I'm from Glasgow & I live in London. We try, but sadly we haven't outnumbered the English yet.
Migrants will outnumber the English in a few decades because of their extremely high birthrate. Your average black man in London is father to numerous children from different mothers. Your average Muslim gets married young and has several children. Whereas the white birthrate is 1.2 per woman which is not even at a replacement level.

You don't sound like a serious or realistic person. I find this in many young Scots and Irish - they're so desperate to come across as modern and progressive that reality is often too much for them. No offence of course.

Yes, Reel, The Reformation caused absolutely no bloodshed & the English & Irish have always got on fabulously.
I'm talking about nowadays - and in particular the Irish diaspora of the 50s and 60s - the descendants have assimilated seamlessly.

Islamophobia madness? Are you that blind? FFS. Twats like you boil my blood.

You should calm your blood down & think clearly. There is no realistic possibility of anywhere in Europe becoming Islamic. Anyone who believes it will look like a crank.

You should calm your blood down & think clearly. There is no realistic possibility of anywhere in Europe becoming Islamic. Anyone who believes it will look like a crank.

"One demographer, who didn't want to be named for fear of being called racist, said: 'It's a matter of pure arithmetic that, if nothing else happens, non-Euro peans will become a majority and whites a minority in the UK. That would probably be the first time an indigenous population has voluntarily become a minority in its historic homeland.'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/sep/03/race.world

Even the Guardian has reported the fact that the English will eventually become a minority in England.

"The research shows the white British population shrinking from 87.1% to 67.1% and the white Irish group shrinking from 2.5% to 2.1%. The other white group share grows from 2.5% to 9.9% – the greatest gain. Asian groups increase their share by three percentage points, black groups by two percentage points and Chinese and other ethnic groups by 2.6 percentage points."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/jul/13/uk-population-growth-ethnic-minorities

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom